Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Brighton Local

5 Years ago today...Last day of Bdwy Exp <Q>(W)

Exactly 5 Years ago today, on Friday February 20, 2004, was the Last day of Broadway Express <Q>(W) Service. 5 years ago, this evening, the <Q> has passed beneath us.

Since this is the 5th Anniversary of the Re-opening of the Manhattan Bridge to the (:)(D)(N)(Q), I will be posting more specific information in regards to this major event, as the weekend progresses. Never the less, the anniversary this year, is exactly each day, that we witnessed everything occur.

Zach

Exactly 5 Years ago today, on Friday February 20, 2004, was the Last day of Broadway Express <Q>(W) Service. 5 years ago, this evening, the <Q> has passed beneath us.

Since this is 5th Anniversary of the Re-opening of the Manhattan Bridge to the (:)(D)(N)(Q), I will be posting more specific information in regards to this major event, as the weekend progresses. Never the less, the anniversary this year, is exactly each day, that we witnessed everything occur.

Zach

5 years go by so fast, I was only a latter back then. I've never rode on the (W) via West End, which is something I regret.

The <Q> and (W) in Brooklyn have served their usefulness until the (:)(D) was able to extend to Brooklyn after the Manhattan bridge. What a year.

The <Q> and (W) in Brooklyn have served their usefulness until the (:)(D) was able to extend to Brooklyn after the Manhattan bridge. What a year.

you and i were classmates at lincoln that year lol. i still remember. prior to that, the (:)(D)(Q) were using R68s, (N)<Q> were mostly R40s, and (W) was R68As. then the (B)(W) became R40/40M/42s, (Q) R68As, and (N) a mix of R40s and R68/68As.

on february 23, that was my current events news for global history and everyone knew right away i would pick this topic.

you and i were classmates at lincoln that year lol. i still remember. prior to that, the (:P(D)(Q) were using R68s, (N)<Q> were mostly R40s, and (W) was R68As. then the (B)(W) became R40/40M/42s, (Q) R68As, and (N) a mix of R40s and R68/68As.

on february 23, that was my current events news for global history and everyone knew right away i would pick this topic.

Also the year pigs fly and hell froze on earth as the Boston Red Sox won the world series.

Also the year pigs fly and hell froze on earth as the Boston Red Sox won the world series.

Hell, went through my neighborhood, when the Red Sox came back 3-0 to beat NYY. Just because Rivera couldn't save Game 4. Then it was lights out for the Yankees.

When the W had the R68As, I remembered that they were extremely messy. When the R68As were brought over to the Q after 2004, they had since gotten much better. I miss the <Q> a lot; there was no express faster than it.

When the W had the R68As, I remembered that they were extremely messy. When the R68As were brought over to the Q after 2004, they had since gotten much better. I miss the <Q> a lot; there was no express faster than it.

the (:) was just as fast as the <Q> until the R68/68As took over the line, though it does not run very often and delays and bunchings are quite common on that line.

i mostly used the (Q)(W) alot. i rarely took the <Q> unless it was a R68/R68A, or the (N) unless it was an R68/R68A. the (W) was my favorite because it used the R68A's, then when the (B)(D) went back to bklyn, my favorite line was the (N)(Q) only because it had alot of R68A's. now its just the (:P(Q) for the same reason....R68A's!!!!!

i mostly used the (Q)(W) alot. i rarely took the <Q> unless it was a R68/R68A, or the (N) unless it was an R68/R68A. the (W) was my favorite because it used the R68A's, then when the (B)(D) went back to bklyn, my favorite line was the (N)(Q) only because it had alot of R68A's. now its just the (:P(Q) for the same reason....R68A's!!!!!

the <Q> was never R68/68As except after 9/11 when the (Q) became entirely R32s. prior to the reopening of the Manhattan Bridge, the (N) was mostly R40s because of the Coney Island reconstruction project. you will not enjoy the (Q) once it becomes fully R160s later this year, but i definitely will.

the <Q> was never R68/68As except after 9/11 when the (Q) became entirely R32s. prior to the reopening of the Manhattan Bridge, the (N) was mostly R40s because of the Coney Island reconstruction project. you will not enjoy the (Q) once it becomes fully R160s later this year, but i definitely will.

ima be honest with you. i've grown up riding along the brighton line my whole life from the (D)(M)<Q>, to the (D)(M)(Q), to the (D)(Q), to the (D)(Q6), to the (Q)<Q>, and now (:D(Q). ive taken R68/R68a's on the <Q> during the PM rush hours, during middays, AM rush hours, AFTER 9/11, before 9/11, and plenty other few times. so u cant say R68/R68A's were never on the <Q> because ive ridden on them lots of times, as well as the (Q6) before they switched cars with the (:D, and even on the (;) before the R160's came in.

ima be honest with you. i've grown up riding along the brighton line my whole life from the (D)(M)<Q>, to the (D)(M)(Q), to the (D)(Q), to the (D)(Q6), to the (Q)<Q>, and now (:D(Q). ive taken R68/R68a's on the <Q> during the PM rush hours, during middays, AM rush hours, AFTER 9/11, before 9/11, and plenty other few times. so u cant say R68/R68A's were never on the <Q> because ive ridden on them lots of times, as well as the (Q6) before they switched cars with the (:D, and even on the (;) before the R160's came in.

if you meant the <Q> before 1995, then yes, it was entirely R68s, but if you are talking about the <Q> between 2001 and 2004, then no, it never used R68/68As other than the 9/11 emergency service. i also grew up on the Brighton Line, which is why i like the R68/68As despite the fact those fat chicks are slowpokes.

if you meant the <Q> before 1995, then yes, it was entirely R68s, but if you are talking about the <Q> between 2001 and 2004, then no, it never used R68/68As other than the 9/11 emergency service. i also grew up on the Brighton Line, which is why i like the R68/68As despite the fact those fat chicks are slowpokes.

im not talking about 1995. im talking about when the (;) became the (W), (D) became the (Q) and (Q6) became the <Q>. DURING THAT TIME, the <Q> used a few R68/R68A's. there werent alot of them but i'VE BEEN ON THEM PLENTY OF TIMES. it was running on the express track via the Brighton Line, it had the actual "<Q>" and the Roll Sign said:

" Midtown "

57 St/7 Av

Brighton Beach.

im not talking about 1995. im talking about when the (;) became the (W), (D) became the (Q) and (Q6) became the <Q>. DURING THAT TIME, the <Q> used a few R68/R68A's. there werent alot of them but i'VE BEEN ON THEM PLENTY OF TIMES. it was running on the express track via the Brighton Line, it had the actual "<Q>" and the Roll Sign said:

" Midtown "

57 St/7 Av

Brighton Beach.

that was only after 9/11 when the (Q) became entirely R32s. iirc, the (Q) also used R40s when it got sent via the Montague Street Tunnel in 2003.

that was only after 9/11 when the (Q) became entirely R32s. iirc, the (Q) also used R40s when it got sent via the Montague Street Tunnel in 2003.

True.. R68/R68A's ran on the <Q>, post 9-11-01 when the the (Q) was extended to Forest Hills to replace the (R) utilizing Jamaica's R32s.

yea R40 SLANTS on the (Q) i remember alot too. plus R32's and like one R46, which i never got to ride on. but R68/R68A's on the <Q>, ive ridden it plenty of times.

yea R40 SLANTS on the (Q) i remember alot too. plus R32's and like one R46, which i never got to ride on. but R68/R68A's on the <Q>, ive ridden it plenty of times.

If you say you've seen hippos on the diamond Q a lot, I am pretty certain that you were referring to the diamond Q before all of the Manny B changes.

If you say you've seen hippos on the diamond Q a lot, I am pretty certain that you were referring to the diamond Q before all of the Manny B changes.

exactly, other than the 9/11 emergency changes, i did see a single R68/68A on the <Q> that ran in 2001-04. the pre-1996 <Q>, however, was entirely R68s. when the <Q> became (Q), it switched to R68As. shortly after the (Q) became the (Q6), it switched cars with the R40s on the (:P.