5 Years ago today...Last day of Bdwy Exp <Q>(W)

Brighton Local

nope. still rode them during the (Q)<Q>(W) times.

Perhaps you caught the rarities, we all missed out on? Personally, I have to agree with Flushing, only because, I don't recall ever riding 68a's on the <Q>, except post 9-11-01. When the (N) & (R) were revived to service again, on October 28, 2001, when the (Q) was again cut back to 57 St/7 Av full time, the <Q> was full time slants. Then in 2003, the R40M's began showing their face on the Brighton Line.

Zach I'm going to say something....I guess no one else other than Andy read my other post on another thread similar to this one with the (:)(D) and (Q6). This thread is about the last day of the <Q> and (W) running via Broadway Express and yet ppl continue to rant about R-68/R-68A, R-40M and R-40S being on certains lines, but you didn't mention the subway cars being on the <Q> and (W). Just a lil subway history.....so am I missing something?

It is true that the 68's or 68A would accasionally surface on the <Q>. But it was rare. Just like the (:) and (W) afterwards (until the new cars came in, and they 68's started being handed down). So it would be easy to never see that. I think I may have seen it once or so.

Archived