Mock Funeral Held For G Train

eli

City Council members and transit advocates staged a mock funeral Tuesday in response to the MTA's proposed service cuts.

The MTA wants to eliminate the line from the Court Square station to 71st Avenue in Forest Hills during evenings, nights and weekends.

The agency estimates about 25,000 riders from Queens and Brooklyn will be affected.

Queens Councilman Eric Gioia says the loss for working families would be too great.

"When you shut these trains down, when you cut back services, it means people's commutes are longer, it means they're spending that much more time away from their families, away from their jobs. It's simply unfair to the hundreds of thousands of working New Yorkers who rely on these trains to get to where they need to get," said Gioia.

Officials say it would take funding from Albany to save the G train.

NY 1

you know the (G) needs 8 cars back.

I don't know if the (G) will be extended to Church Ave.

So when the (G) is cut back to Court Square all times then there will be a weekend service on the (V) right?

The (G) line is going to be extended to Church Av,just not known when.

As for (V)weekend service,i don't think that's happening at all.

I like these mock funerals for the (G), now the (G)'s will hopefully serve passengers better if officials do something better about that, but a funeral for the (G)'s not necessary since the (G)'s getting cut short instead of being eliminated completely unlike the (W) and (Z).

I like these mock funerals for the (G), now the (G)'s will hopefully serve passengers better if officials do something better about that, but a funeral for the (G)'s not necessary since the (G)'s getting cut short instead of being eliminated completely unlike the (W) and (Z).

Agreed.. only half of it is cut out. And also, for the most part, the G is already cut out. Look, on how many occasions does the thing actually run to Forest Hills?

Agreed.. only half of it is cut out. And also, for the most part, the G is already cut out. Look, on how many occasions does the thing actually run to Forest Hills?

It was a mock funeral for the G is about the G no longer going to Queens Blvd line anymore in the future not about the line being cut.

The weird thing is... why are they doing these 'funerals' when the service hasn't even been cut yet? I know this is a protest, but is it a little too much?

It's just a protest, that's all. I really like the ideas of funerals for these lines, what a great idea to spread the word.

The weird thing is... why are they doing these 'funerals' when the service hasn't even been cut yet? I know this is a protest, but is it a little too much?
It's just a protest, that's all. I really like the ideas of funerals for these lines, what a great idea to spread the word.

They are just making a mock funeral for the G preservice cuts happens.

Archived