1980's music movies & pop culture thread

Shortline Bus

Hahahaha... the rickroll phenomenon itself is a recent thing. I got marked down for putting it in a powerpoint presentation, rickrolling the entire class.

Lol you deserved it. If you did that in an office for your boss, you would have been fired.

No offense ladies on these boards but Sade was a babe i would have loved to date. So was other '80's era celebrity ladies like Actresses Molly Ringwood, lisa bonet(cosby show) Lisa Valdez(aka Lisa Lisa)a young Vansessa Williams, Tiffany and of course Madonna touching the surface.:tup:;)

None taken - they were all pretty ladies. You have to share Madonna with Zach though :)

My 80's playlists consists of:

Afrika Bambaata, Soul Sonic Force, Strafe, Sugar Hill Gang, Biz Markie, Stevie B, Coro, Expose, Sweet Sensation, Judy Torres, Lisa Lisa, Johnny O, Cynthia, Michael Jackson, Madonna, Pat Benatar, Belinda Carlisle, Sade, Joan Jett, Rick Springfield (Jessie's Girl - love that song), The Go-go's, B-52's, Wham, Cyndi Lauper, Debbie Gibson, and Tiffany.

Movie Faves:

Private School, Revenge of the Nerds, Fast Times at Ridgemont High, They Live (yes, the Roddy Roddy Piper movie - it was corny, but great) Breakin, Breakin II, Krush Groove, Electric Boogaloo, Stand by Me, Lean on me, The Principal, Dirty Dancing, Ghostbusters, Gremlins, Breakfast Club, and Back to the Future.

Shows:

Alf, Small Wonder, Facts of Life, Who's the Boss, What's Happening, Different Strokes, Cosby Show, Punky Brewster, Three's Company, Family Ties - some of these may have been in syndication, Glow wrestling, WWF (I had a huge crush on Jake the Snake Roberts and I hated Miss Elizabeth :), and Gladiators.

I miss the 80's :cry:. 80's ruled! :)

None taken - they were all pretty ladies. You have to share Madonna with Zach though :)

My 80's playlists consists of:

Afrika Bambaata, Soul Sonic Force, Strafe, Sugar Hill Gang, Biz Markie, Stevie B, Coro, Expose, Sweet Sensation, Judy Torres, Lisa Lisa, Johnny O, Cynthia, Michael Jackson, Madonna, Pat Benatar, Belinda Carlisle, Sade, Joan Jett, Rick Springfield (Jessie's Girl - love that song), The Go-go's, B-52's, Wham, Cyndi Lauper, Debbie Gibson, and Tiffany.

Movie Faves:

Private School, Revenge of the Nerds, Fast Times at Ridgemont High, They Live (yes, the Roddy Roddy Piper movie - it was corny, but great) Breakin, Breakin II, Krush Groove, Electric Boogaloo, Stand by Me, Lean on me, The Principal, Dirty Dancing, Ghostbusters, Gremlins, Breakfast Club, and Back to the Future.

Shows:

Alf, Small Wonder, Facts of Life, Who's the Boss, What's Happening, Different Strokes, Cosby Show, Punky Brewster, Three's Company, Family Ties - some of these may have been in syndication, Glow wrestling, WWF (I had a huge crush on Jake the Snake Roberts and I hated Miss Elizabeth ;), and Gladiators.

I miss the 80's :cry:. 80's ruled! :)

My friend those listed in bold i also loved about the '80's.

FYI. "What happening(spin off of movie "Cooley High")and "Diiferent Strokes" actually started in the late 1970's. 'What Happening" 1st airing started in Sept. 1977 and ended on ABC in Spring 1980.A new synindacted version show the 'gang' including Re Run as adults was on the air for 2 years from about 1986-88.

Meanwhile Different Strokes started in January 1979 and did not end until May 1986.

My friend those listed in bold i also loved about the '80's.

FYI. "What happening(spin off of movie "Cooley High")and "Diiferent Strokes" actually started in the late 1970's. 'What Happening" 1st airing started in Sept. 1977 and ended on ABC in Spring 1980.A new synindacted version show the 'gang' including Re Run as adults was on the air for 2 years from about 1986-88.

Meanwhile Different Strokes started in January 1979 and did not end until May 1986.

I figured What's Happening was the 70's judging by the lovey bell bottoms :) but I wasn't too sure and I didn't even know it was a spin-off of "Cooley High" :cool:. I totally forgot about the that show "The Gang"! I didn't like it though - it lost something. I suppose many viewers shared the same feeling and that's why it didn't last too long :)

I figured What's Happening was the 70's judging by the lovey bell bottoms :) but I wasn't too sure and I didn't even know it was a spin-off of "Cooley High" :cool:. I totally forgot about the that show "The Gang"! I didn't like it though - it lost something. I suppose many viewers shared the same feeling and that's why it didn't last too long :)

Belle the 1980's show was also called "What Happning." Producers nickanmed it that series the 'gang' since a new generation of kids(interracial by the way) living on the nieghborhood that raj, re-run, dee dee and dwayne were supposed to be the focus. Raj had just got married and re run and dwayne were suppsosed to be the 'resposible' adults to these new teen kids.

Another aspect of the 1980's. Anyone remember movies like "Krush Grove' Nighthawks"(anti-terror flick starring Sly Stallone) "Coming to America"(Eddie Murphy) and "Ghost" in which NYC subways played a huge visual roles in those films.

I listed Krush Groove. I completely forgot about 'Coming to America' and 'Ghost'. The subway really did play a vital role in 'Ghost' when he was learning how to move objects. What about 'Crocodile Dundee'? Didn't a bit of it take place in an abandoned station/level in Brooklyn? I think 'Beat Street' has some good subway scenes too..

I listed Krush Groove. I completely forgot about 'Coming to America' and 'Ghost'. The subway really did play a vital role in 'Ghost' when he was learning how to move objects. What about 'Crocodile Dundee'? Didn't a bit of it take place in an abandoned station/level in Brooklyn? I think 'Beat Street' has some good subway scenes too..

OMG...I totally loved Beat Street....that's my favorite movie. idk if The Warriors was in the 70's or 80's but that was best movie ever:tup:

Voltron, richie rich, pound puppies, alvin & the chipmunks, rainbow brite, strawberry shortcake, carebears, gummiebears, smurfs, he-man, she-ra, bigfoot, muppet babies, go-bots, spiderman, johnny quest, scoobie doo, flintstones, jabberjaw, archie...........

- A

Voltron, richie rich, pound puppies, alvin & the chipmunks, rainbow brite, strawberry shortcake, carebears, gummiebears, smurfs, he-man, she-ra, bigfoot, muppet babies, go-bots, spiderman, johnny quest, scoobie doo, flintstones, jabberjaw, archie...........

- A

Oh wow..you got it man :) You're seriousy taking it back. I thought Archie was 70' though :confused:

Oh wow..you got it man :) You're seriousy taking it back. I thought Archie was 70' though :confused:

Archie had various incarnations up through the late 90's. I forgot to add inspector gadget and ducktales.

- A

Off Topic for moment Happy Birthday Belle Today (2/22/09)

Back totopic. Oh yeah. I forgot about Crockdile Dundee the oringal in 1986. The scene where 'crockdile' played by Paul Hogan proposed his love for his co star the woman who was a newspaper reporter for Newsday. Sill enjoy watching the oringal "Crockdile.'

The other '2' that followed i think in 1989 and 2000 was both stink bombs.

How approaite we talking movies on OScar Night 2009. (2/22/09)

- A

Buddy The Flinstones, Spider Man Scooby Doo, & Acrchie had 'newer' versions in the '80's but all of those series mentioned 1st debuted on telelvision in the 1960's.:)

Buddy The Flinstones, Spider Man Scooby Doo, & Acrchie had 'newer' versions in the '80's but all of those series mentioned 1st debuted on telelvision in the 1960's.:)

There were new episodes & different series.

- A

Voltron, richie rich, pound puppies, alvin & the chipmunks, rainbow brite, strawberry shortcake, carebears, gummiebears, smurfs, he-man, she-ra, bigfoot, muppet babies, go-bots, spiderman, johnny quest,

Just want to clear the record, jabberjaw, archie...........

- A

personally i like these shows myself u listed. richie rich alvin & the chipmunks smurfs spiderman johhny quest. Also not listed Heathcliff.

Archived