Microsoft's Vista a headache for many

Trainspotter

Microsoft's Vista a headache for many

It's groundbreaking, innovative, the wave of the future -- and a pain for merchants.

The highly touted new Windows Vista software may turn out to be everyone's operating system heading into the next decade, but at present it has amounted to one big headache for computer dealers.

That's because the software that promised to make life easier, has instead been plagued with speed and compatibility issues that have techies longing for the days of the older Windows XP. The problem also presents a unique dilemma for computer merchants who now find themselves faced with the unexpected burden of dealing with an angry tech-mob that had become accustomed to its user-friendly predecessor.

Full story: AMNY icon_offsite.png - October 3, 2007

i think it's the fact that the Vista system requirements are greater than XP's.

when i first brought my Windows XP computer, it came with a mere 256 MB RAM (later i upgraded it to 512), a 80 GB hard drive, and a ridiculously slow Intel Celeron processor along with terrible onboard video and sound and everything. Nowadays you look at new computers pre installed with vista, they come with 1 GB of RAM, 300 GB of hard drive, and nice Duo/Quad/Octo/whatever core processors and with fancy video and sound cards so maybe its just that the fact that the XP computers just can't handle vista

Archived