L Subway Line To Be Run By Computers

eli

False. When the E and F go CBTC, most likely it will be the Queens Boulevard Line express tracks. So your quoted lines won't be using CBTC, unless the system goes on those lines as well.

Your Currect after the (7) they going to put CBTC between Union Turnpike and 179 / Parsons to test how CBTC will deal with the merge. Then the (F) in Brooklyn is next. The new target year for CBTC systerm wide is 2025. Someone could currect me because that info is over a year old.

Your Currect after the (7) they going to put CBTC between Union Turnpike and 179 / Parsons to test how CBTC will deal with the merge. Then the (F) in Brooklyn is next. The new target year for CBTC systerm wide is 2025. Someone could currect me because that info is over a year old.

Man... 2025? That's a bit too optimistic!

Perhaps someone on this forum realizes that both systems were supposed to be up and running years ago yet they're still in the testing phase in most locations. The people who signed off on these ideas have retired or been sent to the boondocks of (MTA) land so they won't be heard from again. This technology may be the future of rapid transit but it's not ready for prime time in the Big Apple yet. Just my two cents.

Gee... I hope you didn't think that I was saying ATS actually works. After 18 months of seeing some of the amazing stuff that ATS is actually capable of doing, it scares me.

Archived