Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

Coney Island Kisses the R40s Goodbye!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it is sad for Brighton RFers, but at least the R40S were giving to the (:) trains sister the (A) and the gd part is the RF windows will still be in gd home and use, as the (A) does go out on the EL in Queens, if it were on the (C) then it wouldnt of been of a gd use. Its time to let go of the past.~

Soon the (A) will get the R42s back seeing that they need to retiree via 207, now its a gd bye to R38/40S and slowly for the 32s...

I kinda feel bad now that i didnt fan as much for the R40 Slants on the (:).....

Don't worry I'm mad b/c i didn't finish complete my 6th Avenue Line from Grand Street to 59th Street-Columbus Circle and from 145th Street to Bedford Park Blvd.....now the (B) line is going to suck now:cry:

didn't someone tell me that the R40Ms are going to retire with the slants since they are technically the same type of car? only about half of the R40Ms in service went to Jamaica. they are still some on the (A).

Yes they technically are... however... the slants are going to be retired first... not the Modifieds.

seeing that the Sloped ends are much more dangerous to cross the the Modified I guess

I don't think that's the reason since crossing between cars isn't allowed anyway.

didn't someone tell me that the R40Ms are going to retire with the slants since they are technically the same type of car? only about half of the R40Ms in service went to Jamaica. they are still some on the (A).

That was probably me. All R40s will retire at the same time, so R40Ms will follow right after the slants are gone. All of the R40Ms have gone to Jamaica. They'll probably be transferred back once the slants go.

I don't think that's the reason since crossing between cars isn't allowed anyway.

That was probably me. All R40s will retire at the same time, so R40Ms will follow right after the slants are gone. All of the R40Ms have gone to Jamaica. They'll probably be transferred back once the slants go.

hey its not allowed, but people still do it..

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 3.4; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Its such a sad thing. I will always remember seeing slants on the Brighton Express. The Brighton line will never be the same again.

I kinda feel bad now that i didnt fan as much for the R40 Slants on the (B).....

Guys, I feel the same way...... Its actually really upsetting to tell you the truth. I feel like a part of me has been slashed on the inside...:) The slants were always my 2nd favorite behind the 68s, and now there, are none to be seen on the Southern BMT anymore...:tdown::cry:

R40 slants are set to retire by the end of may. waste of time and money if u ask me. there is already more than enough R32s to run on the (C). no need to swap the R40Ms will the R32s still in jamaica.

Guest Charles
I'm especially sad that they couldn't last until summer or at least late spring. I wanted to have a RFW on the Brighton Express in the summer, when its the most beautiful (because of the trees and sky), but now, it will never happen again!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

On the bright side you'll experience wonderful sunrise/sunset views over the Rockaways now! That's pretty cool, too.

And I suppose the R42s following right after them?

And I suppose the R42s following right after them?

I don't suspect they will take the 42's off before the 32's and 38's.

The 42's are actually in OK shape ad will likely last till the end of 2009 beginning 2010 if not a bit longer.

- A