Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

Coney Island Kisses the R40s Goodbye!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, that's just someone's opinion, you don't have to insult someone for it.

Well it's not really my opinion, just look at the number of R42 still left!

Only 40 R38 left, and while the R32 was a HUGE order, more than half are gone.

- a

I don't suspect they will take the 42's off before the 32's and 38's.

The 42's are actually in OK shape ad will likely last till the end of 2009 beginning 2010 if not a bit longer.

- A

Yeah that's what I thought earlier.

hell no

That statement is inane, you said that probably because you wish the R42s retire and you want your beloved R32s to linger as long as possible.

The (M) Line at one point used slants,I believe during the W/B reconstruction in 1999

after 9/11 when it was replacing the (N) in Brooklyn.

Well it's not really my opinion, just look at the number of R42 still left!

Only 40 R38 left, and while the R32 was a HUGE order, more than half are gone.

- a

those Phase II and GE R32s had poor MDBF just like the Coney Island R42s did. there ares till 290 R32s compared to 273 R42s. believe me, even though R42s maybe the last cars replaced by the R160s, they will not survive another year in the system due to their deteriorating car bodies, poor breakdown rate, and lack of appreciation from riders.

after 9/11 when it was replacing the (N) in Brooklyn.

those Phase II and GE R32s had poor MDBF just like the Coney Island R42s did. there ares till 290 R32s compared to 273 R42s. believe me, even though R42s maybe the last cars replaced by the R160s, they will not survive another year in the system due to their deteriorating car bodies, poor breakdown rate, and lack of appreciation from riders.

The R42's are not the Last subway cars to go, The R32's are getting their doorsteps repainted in red , The Red indicates that the R32's belong to 207th st yard and If they are yellow They belong to the Pitkin yard, They have not done this to the R42's noor the R40 slants, If the R46's go to pitkin and 207th they will have their doorsteps repainted as well, The R32's are staying for a while, and 3732/33 were at jamaica a week ago and they just got their doorsteps repainted, If 207th and pitkin is repainting the R32 doorsteps red that means that they are staying for a good while.

The R42's are not the Last subway cars to go, The R32's are getting their doorsteps repainted in red , The Red indicates that the R32's belong to 207th st yard and If they are yellow They belong to the Pitkin yard, They have not done this to the R42's noor the R40 slants, If the R46's go to pitkin and 207th they will have their doorsteps repainted as well, The R32's are staying for a while, and 3732/33 were at jamaica a week ago and they just got their doorsteps repainted, If 207th and pitkin is repainting the R32 doorsteps red that means that they are staying for a good while.

you better be right because i cannot stand another year where those R42s are dominating a line that i used to love.

Edited by FlushingExpress
keep clean, make other people happy

Ugh, i live in Far Rock, and i wanna miss the train on purpose when its a R40, they are so ugly lookin in the front and the ride isnt much fun. Why cant we get R42s or R40Ms back?

We always get the corny trains that are about to be thrown away. Can they treat us better please.

Ugh, i live in Far Rock, and i wanna miss the train on purpose when its a R40, they are so ugly lookin in the front and the ride isnt much fun.

I used to feel the same way til suddenly one day i loved the slant and how unique they are compared to other cars. They're also very fast trains and you get a great view of the track ahead from the lead car.

I don't suspect they will take the 42's off before the 32's and 38's.

The 42's are actually in OK shape ad will likely last till the end of 2009 beginning 2010 if not a bit longer.

- A

R42s will be next to go after the R38s and R40s. The R32s are needed for the (C) and can't be replaced with the R40s or R42s UNLESS the C/R boards are moved in (C) stations.

See above reply. R42s will not be the last cars to retire. And you have no proof to tell me that riders don't appreciate the R42s. Riders generally don't appreciate any old car. I'm not talking about railfans, I'm talking about everyday riders.

you better be right because i cannot stand another year where those R42s are dominating a line that i used to love.

Boo hoo. Big deal. There's no reason to avoid a line because a certain car type you don't like runs on it. We have told you this time and time again.

Ugh, i live in Far Rock, and i wanna miss the train on purpose when its a R40, they are so ugly lookin in the front and the ride isnt much fun. Why cant we get R42s or R40Ms back?

We always get the corny trains that are about to be thrown away. Can they treat us better please.

You guys will get R179s in 2012-2015 so be patient. I don't know why you are complaining about the R40s but not the R40Ms. They are the SAME EXACT CAR, except one has a different front design than the other. I don't get what you mean by saying one train is "corny" either. Doesn't make sense.

And you guys can't get the R42s or the R40s back because you complained that they couldn't run on the (C).

You are right. The C will remain 8 cars long, in order to operate full length trains, the C/R boards must be installed in the proper locations for such operation. So, the C will have to use the R32s, which means the R42s will be going before them.

That is, unless plans change.

Avoiding an ENTIRE LINE because of its stock is downright inane. I can't believe an adult is saying this, that is no less infantile than a child saying he does want to eat dinner because the food served on the plate is disgusting.

Calm down man! The slants are going ANYWAYS. Just wait a couple of months. The R42s and the Mods will appear on the A when the R38s and slants are gone.

Don't forget, "R40M" is an unofficial designation. They are technically the same cars, only with modified ends. So it is weird to favour a select group of cars of the same series over another group of cars of the same series. If the ride is crap on a slant, then it shouldn't be much better on a mod.

And, in a few years the A will run R179s, so wait.

While they may not have been the original contract numbers, R40S and R40M are used internally on rosters and other such documents.

The internal roster had 110 R40S and 80 R40M required for service as of the end of December. (with the retirement of some R40Ms, I suspect that number is 70 or so)

There have been some rumblings indicating that the R40S/R40M/R42 may be considered as one group for retirement.

You are right. The C will remain 8 cars long, in order to operate full length trains, the C/R boards must be installed in the proper locations for such operation. So, the C will have to use the R32s, which means the R42s will be going before them.

That is, unless plans change.

Avoiding an ENTIRE LINE because of its stock is downright inane. I can't believe an adult is saying this, that is no less infantile than a child saying he does want to eat dinner because the food served on the plate is disgusting.

Calm down man! The slants are going ANYWAYS. Just wait a couple of months. The R42s and the Mods will appear on the A when the R38s and slants are gone.

Don't forget, "R40M" is an unofficial designation. They are technically the same cars, only with modified ends. So it is weird to favour a select group of cars of the same series over another group of cars of the same series. If the ride is crap on a slant, then it shouldn't be much better on a mod.

And, in a few years the A will run R179s, so wait.

i do a lot of other things that are quite childish like play with dolls. some people like the R40s better than the R40Ms and vice-versa because of their front end design. R179s may not go on the (A).

They won't go to the A. The R179s are debutting on the F, which gives all of its R160As to the A. The F would then be mostly R179s and R46s. It is speculated that when the option orders come, the R46s on the C would retire as the most of the R160As from the A goes to the C. The A would then be mostly R179s and some R160As. The next option would then replace the R46s on the F, R, and V, which makes the F, R, and the V all R179s. Based on the fact that the F runs some 60" cars during the rushes, the A might give up a couple of sets of R160As to the F in exchange for R179s. The A runs fine with both 75" and 60" from past speculations. If the R179s are made to have 5 doors, then it's quite speculative that the V and the E would switch cars too further ease the loads. All these are just speculations, not facts and I'm very excited awaiting the R179s. I seriously want transversed seats(buckets or benches) only with no side seats. The space for the side seats should be used for standing room.

They won't go to the A. The R179s are debutting on the F, which gives all of its R160As to the A. The F would then be mostly R179s and R46s. It is speculated that when the option orders come, the R46s on the C would retire as the most of the R160As from the A goes to the C. The A would then be mostly R179s and some R160As. The next option would then replace the R46s on the F, R, and V, which makes the F, R, and the V all R179s. Based on the fact that the F runs some 60" cars during the rushes, the A might give up a couple of sets of R160As to the F in exchange for R179s. The A runs fine with both 75" and 60" from past speculations. If the R179s are made to have 5 doors, then it's quite speculative that the V and the E would switch cars too further ease the loads. All these are just speculations, not facts and I'm very excited awaiting the R179s. I seriously want transversed seats(buckets or benches) only with no side seats. The space for the side seats should be used for standing room.

................Is that your opinion?

Where did you get the information that the R179s will début on the F?

The F will use R160s and R46, none others.

Why would the R160As go there?

Listen dude... look, we don't even know where the Opt 2 order will go to or whether or not the Opt 3 will be real.

i do a lot of other things that are quite childish like play with dolls. some people like the R40s better than the R40Ms and vice-versa because of their front end design. R179s may not go on the (A).

Oh ho ho... we don't need to learn about adults playing with dolls, whatever that means...........

By R40s do you mean slants, EXCLUSIVELY? The "R40Ms" are R40s themselves.

This is too speculative... they are not even here, why are we even talking about R179s here?

MTR, the R179s will debut on Queens Blvd no matter what. Therefore, the only line that best fits the description for 75" cars is the F.

Dude, we don't know for certain where they will debut. All we know is that they will exist at some point in the future. And like MTR and Ulmer asked, where did you find this out?

And how did we get to this from R40s?

MTR, the R179s will debut on Queens Blvd no matter what. Therefore, the only line that best fits the description for 75" cars is the F.

I do not see any validated proof or evidence of this matter.

And, that's only speculation. These cars are not even built yet. We don't even know where the Opt 2 of the R160s will be placed.

And also, we are discussing about slants here, why are we jumping several years into the future to talk about the R179s?

And where you got this info that the (A) is getting R-160's and the (F) is getting R-179's?

Edited by via White Plains Road
missed a word!
Oh ho ho... we don't need to learn about adults playing with dolls, whatever that means...........

By R40s do you mean slants, EXCLUSIVELY? The "R40Ms" are R40s themselves.

This is too speculative... they are not even here, why are we even talking about R179s here?

i play with a doll i had since 1995. by R40s, i mean just slants. i already told you some people like the slanted design while others like the straight ended why. that is why they like the slants over the modified or vice-versa. as for the R179s, they will not go on the (F). my prediction is they will go on the (:P and (G), allowing Coney Island to send any R68/68As it may still have to Pitkin to replace the R44s.

i play with a doll i had since 1995. by R40s, i mean just slants. i already told you some people like the slanted design while others like the straight ended why. that is why they like the slants over the modified or vice-versa. as for the R179s, they will not go on the (F). my prediction is they will go on the (:P and (G), allowing Coney Island to send any R68/68As it may still have to Pitkin to replace the R44s.

The point of the topic is not about what dolls you play with, how many dolls you have, what kind of dolls you have or the issue of you even having a doll. R40s and R40Ms are essentially the same class of cars.

The M designation is not an official designation, it should not be treated that way.

As I said for several times...

THE R179s ARE NOT EVEN BUILT YET... WHY SHOULD WE EVEN SPECULATE NOW ON WHERE IT WILL GO?