The Railfan Window Before and After.

MattTrain

Here's some drawings I made before and after the R40s are on the (:) and the passengers interest in the "railfan window" Take a look.

Here's one note, the (B) and (Q) trains are not on the same track, even though it appears that way. I apologize.

Before.

R1.jpg

R2-1.jpg

And After the R40's no longer appear on the (B)

R3-1.jpg

R4-1.jpg

That's it.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (PSP (PlayStation Portable); 2.00))

nice drawings the captions are really funny lol.

Thank you very much, well a story about a passenger who loves looking at the front and back windows from a train directly. Those days are gone with the transverse cabs of the R68/A and the R160A/B cars.

lol!

Thanks, glad you find that funny.

Priceless!

- A

That's a great way to put it, thank you.

Great.

Great to see the (B) still fast and winning the (Q)... B)! The (B)(B)(Q) joke works, jk, :P!

Well in most of my trips the (B) beats the (Q), by only 5-8 minutes, sometimes it's the (Q) winning, especially with the construction going southbound.

LMAO...BBQ...

This is so cute!

Thank you very much. the (B) (B)(Q) pattern is a good summary of how frequent these lines are at Brighton.

I'm going to explain a few errors I made with the drawings.

1. The cars do not have a four digit number.

2. The R40 facing the left side has a front window. I basically mirrored the R40 facing the right side, so that's a bit inaccurate.

3. You know that the R68A car number is near the end window where the narrow cab is located. In this case the caboose or the last car of the R68A (B) train has a car number tag at the extreme end, not past the nearest set of doors.

That's all I'm going to say for now, thanks for the comments everyone.

Metatops, trust me... The mistakes are fine... It looks great, B)!

Thanks a lot, AWWang. I'm glad you like them anyways.

Exquisite sense of humour! Good job!

That guy on the platform sounds like a foamer, lol!

Thank you, well I'll have to admit I liked the R40 slant and R40M/R42 cars on the (B) for the reason that they had direct front and back windows, I'd look from the front or back every time, from Brighton Beach to Prospect Park, and what a view it was, now those days are history. That guy you referred to as a foamer, represents my reason I like the R40 cars.

• 2 months later...

Yeah that was funny. But if that (Q) was an R160, the (:( would lose. This happens so many times when I ride an R160 (Q). The R68 (B) and R160 (Q) leave an express station at the same time and the (Q) is going much much faster than the (B). In fact I remeber one time an extreme of this happened. We both left Kingshighway and the (Q) was so much faster that we were completely ahead of the (B), and people on the train were laughing because the local was ahead of the express by a mile. Then of course Ave M came and we had to stop and finally after a few seconds of being already stopped at Avenue M, the (B) comes passing by... slowly.

Excellent Drawings!! Those were halarious!!

Thank you very much, Vinny!

Lol, nice! One thing though, you can still tell who'd "win the race". There's still side windows...

The side windows are useful, the thing here is you can't tell if the train is in front of you or in the back from the side window. The direct end windows are very helpful in telling if the train is ahead (from the front window of the first car) or behind (from the back window of the last car). You are right, I do agree.

That (:((Q) Brighton Beach scene with caption feel like imagination that might win the prize for interesting captions!!

Thanks a lot, I didn't know the captions were that interesting to you. I should enter drawing contests, thanks you gave me an idea. I just have to work hard on it next time.

Yeah that was funny. But if that (Q) was an R160, the (B) would lose. This happens so many times when I ride an R160 (Q). The R68 (B) and R160 (Q) leave an express station at the same time and the (Q) is going much much faster than the (B). In fact I remeber one time an extreme of this happened. We both left Kingshighway and the (Q) was so much faster that we were completely ahead of the (B), and people on the train were laughing because the local was ahead of the express by a mile. Then of course Ave M came and we had to stop and finally after a few seconds of being already stopped at Avenue M, the (B) comes passing by... slowly.

Thanks for your comment, you do have some good points there. I drew a 3-D perspective of the R160 (Q) train beating an R68 (B) train. The R160s are faster and have better acceleration.

R16068.jpg

Yeah that was funny. But if that (Q) was an R160, the (:( would lose. This happens so many times when I ride an R160 (Q). The R68 (B) and R160 (Q) leave an express station at the same time and the (Q) is going much much faster than the (B). In fact I remeber one time an extreme of this happened. We both left Kingshighway and the (Q) was so much faster that we were completely ahead of the (B), and people on the train were laughing because the local was ahead of the express by a mile. Then of course Ave M came and we had to stop and finally after a few seconds of being already stopped at Avenue M, the (B) comes passing by... slowly.

Pls a R-32 can smoke a R-68/R-68A!

Archived