'F' train to frustration: 'F,' 'G' subway riders in Brooklyn headed for lengthy shutt

Trainspotter

Not arguing that the stations aren't in dire need of repair and perhaps bridges would not make sense. I don't know all the details. But just because the station is going to be repaired shouldn't automatically rule out bridges unless the stairways and platforms will all be fixed at the same time. If the work could somehow be staggered and this would not increase the cost, the stairways could be kept open while the rest of the station is being repaired to shorten the amount of time passengers will be inconvenienced. But a lot of other factors are also at play. I hope it was at least considered before being ruled out.

Again the (V) will not go past Lower East Side-2nd Avenue.....Carroll Gardens and Park Slope residents wants an (F) express via Culver while the can go to Church Avenue....its makes no sense to have 2 6th Avenue Lines in Bklyn!

You did not listen and I gave you a source and calling me wrong?,well then you don't know anything about the future.

go look here for your self here and read and see what the people wanted: http://www.ny1.com/Default.aspx?SecID=1000&ArID=71219

That residents wants the (V) extended to Brooklyn as local.

Yes the residents want Culver express service.

Let's just say for a minute that the V will be extended, via the Rutgers Street tunnel, and will provide local service to Church Ave. Assuming the G extension to Church is also a reality, will both trains be able to terminate there?

Let's just say for a minute that the V will be extended, via the Rutgers Street tunnel, and will provide local service to Church Ave. Assuming the G extension to Church is also a reality, will both trains be able to terminate there?

Yes the (G)/(V) will terminate at Church Ave and During rush hours the (V) will get extended to Coney Island.

Not arguing that the stations aren't in dire need of repair and perhaps bridges would not make sense. I don't know all the details. But just because the station is going to be repaired shouldn't automatically rule out bridges unless the stairways and platforms will all be fixed at the same time. If the work could somehow be staggered and this would not increase the cost, the stairways could be kept open while the rest of the station is being repaired to shorten the amount of time passengers will be inconvenienced. But a lot of other factors are also at play. I hope it was at least considered before being ruled out.

if they are rebuilding the whole station from top to bottom, then trains cannot stop there at all and passengers cannot enter.

You did not listen and I gave you a source and calling me wrong?,well then you don't know anything about the future.

go look here for your self here and read and see what the people wanted: http://www.ny1.com/Default.aspx?SecID=1000&ArID=71219

isn't that link a bit outdated?

That's about 2 years ago... right now, the spotlight is, to get this project rolling first. After all of that work is finished and the G extended, perhaps we will see whether or not the V needs to be extended.

F ridership drops after Church. Coney Island doesn't need both the F and V.

If there were an F express and a V local, people who live mid way between the Brighton and Culver lines who presently use the B would switch to the F. Right now there is an incentive to travel a little further to the B because it is express.

Well, that story even though it is almost two years from now, is in fact leading in someways to the (V) to Brooklyn, in fact the (V) should go to Brooklyn is some ways since it is a line that is more useless than the (W) but needs more usefulness to meet the (W) standard...

The V is not 100% useless. Sure, you can argue it doesn't do much, but if it is a crappy line, then how do you explain for the growing ridership?

Well, I didn't say the (V) is 100% useless... It just seem useless from 42nd Street to 2nd Ave... It is useful from 47-50th Rockfeller to Forest Hills... IF the (V) ran over the (A) from W4 to Jay Street and go back to (F) all the way to Church it would be way more useful... Since it picks up passengers who want to go to WTC since (R)(W) and (1)(9) is both shut down in Cortlandt... (A)(C)(E) is far away at some points...

Ah one the (9) doesn't exist anymore and two World Trade Center site is blocked off by a fence and covering. The (V) is useful from Point A to Point B and three the (V) will not go over the (A) line...it will cause congestion b/w Canal Street-Holland Tunnel and High Street-Brooklyn Bridge!

You know me better on the (9) situation...

Well, the (V) would be more useful on the 8th Ave between W4 and Jay Street, depends on how the congestion would be... Maybe off-peak hours, B)!

The (V) is the 6th Avenue/Queens Blvd Local....so it will continue to run b/w Forest Hills 71st-Continental Avenues and Lower East Side-2nd Avenue....no way in chance will it ever go to Brooklyn via the 8th Avenue Line....so that idea makes no sense @ all!

Well, it makes sense to run the (V) on the (A) and (C) via W4 to Jay Street and back on the (F) to make it easy for passengers who is going uptown or downtown... Also the (V) would definently be more useful that way, connection, connection, connection!

Do you think or you just like seeing yourself talk? Fulton Street already got the (A) and (C).....8th Avenue Line already got the (A)(C)(E).....those no room for a (V) on the 8th Avenue or Fulton Street Lines and what connection would it make on the (A) and (C)....hmmm none. If the (V) was suppose to go to Brooklyn wouldn't it just run behind the (F) via Culver Line.....hmmmm think about that one?

I think all ways possible to make the (V) a more useful line... Or if you think the (V) is not feasable to go between West 4th and Jay Street on the (A) and (C) well run it over Jamaica Line to Metropolitain Ave.!!! Or if I would want to make a little match to your ways the (V) would be the (C) of the (F) line and the (F) should be Express over 6th Ave and (B) run local...

The (V) can run on the Jamaica line by using the Chrystie St connection,it can get on that connection after Bway-Lafayette,then it would go on the Nassau line starting at Essex,then it can go to Metropolitan Av. I think that would be a great idea. The (V) on 8 av would cause to much congestion though.

I think all ways possible to make the (V) a more useful line... Or if you think the (V) is not feasable to go between West 4th and Jay Street on the (A) and (C) well run it over Jamaica Line to Metropolitain Ave.!!! Or if I would want to make a little match to your ways the (V) would be the (C) of the (F) line and the (F) should be Express over 6th Ave and (B) run local...

Lawd have mercy.....the (V) is not going over the 8th Avenue and I mean ever just to head to Brooklyn. It makes NO sense what's so ever....the (V) will ever go over the Nassau Street Line/Broadway El to Middle Village-Metropolitan Avenue why b/c 75ft cars CANNOT go through the Chrystie Street Connector. How can be the (V) be the (C) of the (F) when all 3 is LOCAL and the (F) will not 6th Avenue Express nor the (B) be 6th Avenue Local.....that will not happen!

The (V) can run on the Jamaica line by using the Chrystie St connection,it can get on that connection after Bway-Lafayette,then it would go on the Nassau line starting at Essex,then it can go to Metropolitan Av. I think that would be a great idea. The (V) on 8 av would cause to much congestion though.

*Sighs* 75ft subway cars will not and cannot go through the Chrystie Street Connector!

*Sighs* 75ft subway cars will not and cannot go through the Chrystie Street Connector!

Yes but the Broadway/6th Avenue, but if its connecting to the Nassau Street Side, it cant.

If anyone wants the (V) via the Jamaica Line, the TA needs to have them run 61 Ft cars i think. R160s I guess

Yes but the Broadway/6th Avenue, but if its connecting to the Nassau Street Side, it cant.

If anyone wants the (V) via the Jamaica Line, the TA needs to have them run 61 Ft cars i think. R160s I guess

that would work to,you can use 68's to

Archived