BLG20H Question

SubaruWRX

I never heard one of these, nor have Ive seen it in person yet, so I can't tell ya. However, I can tell you they're beautiful! :cool:

that reminds me I should bring my video camera tomorrow to catch it I always see 111 and 130 since they are on mini bombs now.

Some locos have bell sounds, however the real thing tends to be more reliable. The only ones in large numbers to use electronic bell are AEM-7, which will be retiring within 10 years or so.

All (NJT) locos and cab cars have real bells (if there is an exception i don't know about it). EMU have real bells. If you sit over where the bell is (usually there are one on each side) you can hear it if it's a lil loose moving around.

They are operated by air.

- A

Wirelessly posted (HTC-8100/1.2 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.5; Windows CE; PPC; 240x320))

I know on the shoreliners and bombardier cars you can hear the bell striker pulling back to hit the bell again which is why I asked. I don't care for the horn on the locomotive sounds too much like a louder truck horn :/ I think it should be fitted with some K5LA's

You know what's funny, is that (NJT)'s fleet of locos & cab cars sound all different. Some cab cars have a really serious sounding horn, while others have a "lighter" horn with higher frequency.

Remember, the GG1 had one note and that worked well for it!

- A

Some locos have bell sounds, however the real thing tends to be more reliable. The only ones in large numbers to use electronic bell are AEM-7, which will be retiring within 10 years or so.

All (NJT) locos and cab cars have real bells (if there is an exception i don't know about it). EMU have real bells. If you sit over where the bell is (usually there are one on each side) you can hear it if it's a lil loose moving around.

They are operated by air.

- A

There are a couple of NJ Transit ALP-44 Electric locomotives that have electronic Bells. The locomotives are ALP-44 #4403,4408,4410,4412,4414. All NJ Transit PL42AC Diesel locomotives and Multi-Level Cab Control Cars have electronic Bells.

Eric

Your welcome!

I don't like electronic bells but that is the way things are going sadly.

Yea, more "improvement". You can really tell the difference between the 2 up close. They don't really sound metal, more like a sound clip. I like the loco's that have the bells mounted higher up that are NOT electronic! :cool:

- A

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

Yeah I like to hear some metal in my bells LOL

I was trying to think of something smartass to say but couldn't lol. I agree with that statement though haha.

Archived