Relationships

bentton316

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i just wanna know, why is it so hard for one to find that perfect other?

<6>

It's not that tough, you just got to catch a girl (and if shes your type on the exterior) at the right time, if she's sitting alone on the bus or train, you should make your move, and learn about her interior. Looks aren't all a girl has to offer. :tup: Just try your best to not come across as frightning, sit next to her instead of standing in front of her, let's the girl feel more comfortable about talking to you. Also don't be afraid of rejection, as RokuSix says "If you miss a bus one's always another behind it". If you like something on her in particular (her eyes, hair, etc), don't be afraid to leave a little compliment for her. My friend Will told me "Don't ever give something your all, leave some for yourself. Don't love a girl with all your heart, you don't know what she will do with it, the more heart you give her, the more she can break it", though I ain't saying that all girls can't be trusted, just be careful with who you love and how much you love them. :tup:
for me, it has to do with my extreme shyness, childish behavior, poor social skills, and having too many inapproriate fantasies. why are you asking this?
Damn you are just too honest.. ;)

It's not that tough, you just got to catch a girl (and if shes your type on the exterior) at the right time, if she's sitting alone on the bus or train, you should make your move, and learn about her interior. Looks aren't all a girl has to offer. :tup: Just try your best to not come across as frightning, sit next to her instead of standing in front of her, let's the girl feel more comfortable about talking to you. Also don't be afraid of rejection, as RokuSix says "If you miss a bus one's always another behind it". If you like something on her in particular (her eyes, hair, etc), don't be afraid to leave a little compliment for her. My friend Will told me "Don't ever give something your all, leave some for yourself. Don't love a girl with all your heart, you don't know what she will do with it, the more heart you give her, the more she can break it", though I ain't saying that all girls can't be trusted, just be careful with who you love and how much you love them. :tup:Damn you are just too honest.. ;)

what can i say? i have been told to be honest from now on. you have be very careful when it comes to getting into relationships. i know way too many people that ended relationships before it even started.

for me, it has to do with my extreme shyness, childish behavior, poor social skills, and having too many inapproriate fantasies. why are you asking this?

Women want guys who are 6'4" with bulging biceps, a Corvette, and a job at a Fortune 500 company. The average Joe just isn't good enough.

I would say that why it's so hard (or at least one of many possible answers) is because people aren't willing to be open with themselves and their significant others. I think it's possible for people to find s.o.'s , and that it's possible that there are many great, compatible people out there. So don't give up on love, and don't be disappointed if it doesn't wind up the way you expected; some of the best love finds you in unexpected and sometimes surprising ways!

I've been pretty lucky to find someone that I love very much; we've been together just over five years. Frankly, I'm a little surprised I found someone that I want to make a life with, but I am quite pleased. :D

Edit: Many of the people who are considered (or consider themselves) to be Average Joe's are the nicest, most appreciative people in the world (likewise with "plain janes" or whatever the feminine alternative is). I have an "Average" real-life Joe (that's his name lol) and he is such a great person who treats everyone well and is respectful and considerate. But don't worry, the right people will appreciate the "Average Joe's"

Most women I've known don't want an average joe until they are in their 20s-30s with kids and want a man to help raise their kids. While some might say that this saying is not true and that good guys can finish first, through my own personal experience, I say good guys always finish last.

from experience and even more from listening to countless stories ( i grew up living with my three sisters ) from my sisters and hearing things repeat like " all guys are ( it rhymes with flagpole )"ive come to realize that as ironic as it seems, more for females then males, that attention is almost like a repel...almost like this for example : If you and ur boy are gonna hangout with 2 girls and u happen 2 like one of them, chances are upon hanging out with them both, the girls FRIEND will prob start liking you...rather then the girl u like. vice verse ur friend would prob like the girl u like as well...anyone here had their bestfriend do this? never happend 2 me but the point is there is a problem with people and feelings...it seems as though, like Julio said nice guys finish last...which is an irony because many " nice " guys are the " right " guys...however a female seems to to want the (flagpole ) more then she SHOULD be getting the " right guy ". Bet u if u start giving more attention to something else rather then a girl u like...she'll be like " whoa, hes not sweating me "..." i want that attention ". give her too much and she'll notice that dude that she knows but whom doesnt really notice her. everyone is facing the same direction > > > > > > >....its never like this: >< >< >< >< >

Women want guys who are 6'4" with bulging biceps, a Corvette, and a job at a Fortune 500 company. The average Joe just isn't good enough.

You cant say all 'woman' Mr. Wilson on that statement. I think you meant to say if you want the Cheerleader type or the current celebrities like Jessica Simpson, Tyra Banks or the J-Lo type beauties you do need to be either CEO of a forunate 500 company, or be a sports star like Tiger Woods, Tony Romeo, Tony Parker or Derek Jeter.:eek:

if you're famous with money,you will expect women's knocking your door and that why their relationships don't last too long.

there's some females will try to control you and the relationships,so you don't that kind of women.

if you're famous with money,you will expect women's knocking your door and that why their relationships don't last too long.

there's some females will try to control you and the relationships,so you don't that kind of women.

Perfectly said. That why IMO Madonna may not get married again for that reason. Plus rumors are flying "J LO' and Marc Anothny are about to split any second now.

I wish I knew. I thought I had a good relationship, but I've been let down so many times. I really don't want to get into details on the board, but I stay with him, despite the drama.

I'm not asking for a man to be perfect, at all. I'm just asking for a man who makes me feel wonderful without even trying. I want someone who makes me feel like I'm worth two cents.

Like I said, I won't get into details.

Oh, and thanks for quoting me, Orion! =P

I wish I knew. I thought I had a good relationship, but I've been let down so many times. I really don't want to get into details on the board, but I stay with him, despite the drama.

I'm not asking for a man to be perfect, at all. I'm just asking for a man who makes me feel wonderful without even trying. I want someone who makes me feel like I'm worth two cents.

You aren't worth two cents. You're priceless ;)

Hmm sounds like you discribing me.. *Pats self on back* ;)
You aren't worth two cents. You're priceless B)
Couldn't have said it better myself.

You cant say all 'woman' Mr. Wilson on that statement. I think you meant to say if you want the Cheerleader type or the current celebrities like Jessica Simpson, Tyra Banks or the J-Lo type beauties you do need to be either CEO of a forunate 500 company, or be a sports star like Tiger Woods, Tony Romeo, Tony Parker or Derek Jeter.:eek:

Every time I walk in the village I always see some European-looking blond with some guy who looks like a GQ model. Even in college, the arrogant and extroverted guys got the girls. Since I'm just the average, pimple faced guy I always strike out with women.

I don't know about the specifics of your relationship (and that's not my business) but Sebbie seems to be a good guy. No one was born perfect.

What's the fixation people have on relationships? Is that really the upper echelon of life? There is nothing else we can do to further ourselves? Some of the best times of my life I had by myself, i'm not much of a people-person.

Like the ending to Annie Hall, Woody Allen makes a joke about relationships he says a guy tells a doctor “Hey Doctor, my brother thinks he’s a chicken. The doctor says why don’t you have him turned in. They guy says I would but I need the eggs. Relationships are totally irrational but we keep going through it because we need the eggs.”

those are female abusers. you do not want to even be near them.

those are female abusers. you do not want to even be near them.

yes very true. instead of true feelings that orignate from unexpected encounters or friendly crushes or even the case of " i like their personality" will be so absent instead substituted with infatuation for..looks...money...or something they can get from you. same with guys instead for most guys its for sex and most women its for money. Trust is hard now a days because everyone fronts like they have feelings but in reality in their minds its all for something material, shallow, or for something other then their heart!

What's the fixation people have on relationships? Is that really the upper echelon of life? There is nothing else we can do to further ourselves? Some of the best times of my life I had by myself, i'm not much of a people-person.
Not to assume but my guess is you probably just ain't find the right girl. Then again some people like being kept to thierselves, I can see the reasoning behind it, but everyone I met in person who liked being alone, said they never found the right soulmate.

Ew I don't.

To be blunt about it(and in a forum of guys, I'm probably gonna put my hoof in my mouth), guys in NYC bore me. I've had guys ask me out and times where I asked them out and they all have the same song and dance ending.

You have the hipster skinny jean transplant from Williamsburg who think they're new yorkers and reek of gentrification. They try way too hard to be cool that it's sickening.

You have the older versions of them in Park Slope.

Then there's the Mr. "hey who needs a belt-- low pants" guy. Looks shouldn't count but I'm not gonna date someone lost in their over sized clothes with ladies underwear wrapped around their head or their head size displayed for all to see on their baseball caps. It just looks so stupid.

There's the authentic Brooklyn type of guy who has his head so far up around back, you know he's got a girl for each day of the year and an F word for every sentence in some cases.

And as for the good guy finishing last...it depends. There really is such a thing as being too nice. I've come across the good boring guy and the good guy who has a very creepy religion with examples I won't go into on this forum.

I don't really see a need or want for a guy and I doubt I'll find one in my generation to my liking. I know I'm picky and sound like a snob but I don't really care. It's just entirely easier to be single.

Archived