Relationships

bentton316

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys lets back on focus. I try to allow some wiggie room on this topic on romance and relationships including the ethnic/racial aspects of it. However lets get back to dating/love/relationships as whether to have relationships interracial or sterotypes with same race (dark skin vs. light skin "people of color" i.e Black, Asian, etc) is another topic.

BTW: For the record, use the term yellowbone right. Yellownbone refers to light skinned black women who are part white part Indian OR part Asian.

Yellowbone refers to lightskinned black women who are part indian or part asian? yeah right.....

Your entire spiel in this back & forth was to try to make what I said, about Asians.... and here you are, yet & still injecting Asians into the conversation....

Let's end this discussion. This is a moot point now.

Yeah, nice try.... Talking about let's end this discussion, then go back up & edit your post afterwards to tell me to use the term yellowbone right...

But yeah, unless you're still gonna try to make what I said about Asians, this discussion is dead AFAIC.....

Guys lets back on focus. I try to some allow wiggie room on this topic on romance and relationships including the ethnic/racial aspects of it. However lets get back to dating/love/relationships as whether to have relationships interracial or sterotypes with same race (dark skin vs. light skin "people of color" i.e Black, Asian, etc) is another topic.

I could care less who people date... This back & forth should have never happened in the first place....

This was never about being wrong to date Asians, and it was never about anything being wrong to date redbones/yellowbones/lightskinned broads....

One thing I learned is the fact that men need to be cooperative and fair with his woman, his significant other. Being fair, helpful, affectionate and not dominating. (The man and woman are emotional equals with quirks and flaws, that's human nature right there) Communication and patience is key, oh yeah. And stand your ground. many ladies put men through shit tests even after the fact of dating and now made committment to a serious relationship. (You guys know this.)

Many husbands and wives or long term partners who been living together for years can just sit in the living room and have a positive and playful non-verbal conversation with just winks, smiles, and other silly non-verbal cues and still get the message they are conveying to each other as they understand themselves that well and know what they are thinking like they have psycho-kinetic powers or something. :lol:

I hate using this term, but "color-struck" dudes gas these yellowbone/redbone/lightskinned chicks' heads up - that's why they act like that.... As if chicks need any more of an ego boost (which believe it or not, they get, when guys simply try to talk to them)..... A woman rejecting you is an ego boost to her because it puts it in the back of her mind that guys (plural) still want her "like that"..... I'll be completely honest, I was off on that lightskin for the win BS when I was younger too (although I wasn't the type to swell these chicks heads; I seldom give people compliments period)..... Now I see women for women and not this notion that lightskinned women > darkskinned women....

and besides.... let's face it, there are some butt-ugly lightskin chicks out here.... I'd even say there's an increasing number of them....

Just being yellow aint goin get you by in the dating scene anymore; gotta bring more to the table....

Yep. It's a sad reality that some of us still have that back in the day slavery mentality...

I personally wouldn't mind dating a lightskin female but I'm more attracted to the brown/darkskins. I'm not too attracted to yellowbones/redbones so that's out of the question... In fact the girl I've been dating for a while now is pretty dark:

IMG_0070-1.jpg

I seriously envy her complexion. As you can see I'm dark myself but not as dark.

Thou if you've noticed darkskins are being praised more nowadays. I'm pretty sure you've heard "I want a tall, handsome, darkskin man" a lot lately. Many of the latinas in my school that are into black guys usually prefer the darkskins (as they say seem more masculine or intimidating).

Thou if you've noticed darkskins are being praised more nowadays. I'm pretty sure you've heard "I want a tall, handsome, darkskin man" a lot lately. Many of the latinas in my school that are into black guys usually prefer the darkskins (as they say seem more masculine or intimidating).

Interesting points... Being a mixed dude I noticed that once I reached my junior high/hgh school years I started getting a lot of slack from dark skinned black guys along the lines of what you've mentioned. It wasn't until recently that I did some research on how things go with the whole light skinned dark skinned thing and it seems as if light skinned guys/mixed guys are viewed as being "less masculine" or "stuck up" in comparison to dark skinned black guys who are seen as being "intimidating" and "more masculine" as you said.

The concept seems to go back to the old days. I don't see myself as any less masculine because of my mixed heritage, but as far as the type of women that seem to be attracted to me, it seems to be an array of chicks... Italians, Latinas, Asians, Whites and Blacks...

I think overall though Latinas have probably given me the most attention as in commenting without me saying or doing anything. There's a white chick in my building that seems to be rather friendly whenever I see her. Nice and all but not my cup of tea. :lol:

During the summer months when I wear short sleeve shirts though and more of my complexion is exposed that's when I get the most looks I think because then it's a bit more evident of my mixed complexion. I always see people trying to see what I look like behind my shades. Is he Latino, Brazilian or what is he? :lol: I even had one lady asking if I was Arabic. :huh:

Wow interesting... She's like a black version of Pocahantas with the long hair... It's a rarity to see chicks with long long hair these days too... All of the women are going with the butch look chopping off their hair. :lol:

So true. Especially that style with half their head shaved. Don't find that too attractive at all...

I remember a few years back when a lot of women were trying to go for that Rihanna look...

Wow interesting... She's like a black version of Pocahantas with the long hair... It's a rarity to see chicks with long long hair these days too... All of the women are going with the butch look chopping off their hair. :lol:

I know plenty of gals with long hair, plenty of guys with long hair too, usually if theyre going for the butch look its cuz they are a tomboy or butch.

Yep. It's a sad reality that some of us still have that back in the day slavery mentality...

I personally wouldn't mind dating a lightskin female but I'm more attracted to the brown/darkskins. I'm not too attracted to yellowbones/redbones so that's out of the question... In fact the girl I've been dating for a while now is pretty dark:

**pic of you & your lady**

I seriously envy her complexion. As you can see I'm dark myself but not as dark.

I didn't want to go there, but you're right about it being a slave mentality.....

I shouldn't have to sit here & make this disclaimer but, in the black community, I do notice to an extent that that yellowbone/redbone/lightskinned chick worship (I'm still gonna use the term yellowbone on this forum; anyone don't like it, too bad) isn't as apparent..... Nowadays, dudes are not caring about complexion as much, which is good...

I'd classify the complexion of your lady as being bronze (well, dark bronze, you get the point); don't know if it's the makeup, but I'm just going on the 1 pic obviously.... As far as darkskin brothas being in (or using your term, praised), I don't know what's considered in for women anymore.... It keeps changing; been so since like the 80's, and I haven't been keeping check over the last couple years... Lol....

There was always that thing about "tall, dark, and handsome brothas" being compared to lightskinned brothas & how much more romantic ("pretty boy" types) they are..... Of course, the negatives for each side is that darkskinned dudes end up being called ugly, and every insult in the book regarding their skin color (I know too many darkskin men that have stories of being picked on, growing up)... and for lightskin dudes, they're deemed as being soft guys that can't fight, yada yada yada..... The whole lightskin/darkskin issue in the black community is apparent for both sexes, but I have to say it's much more potent on the women's side..... You can vouch for this, but what I hear from darkskin brothas is that they don't envy lightskin dudes at all.... On the other side, darkskin women (of course, not all... another disclaimer I shouldn't have to put up...lol) tend to have a certain level of envy/hatred towards lightskin women - Because lightskin women are deemed more beautiful by default, and get far more perks (if you wanna call it that).... That's what the "brown paper bag" test is all about, if you know what that is..... Women are judged by their beauty, and there you go......

My lady even admitted to me that they still go about doing that shit in her sorority..... She showed me a picture of all the women in her chapter, and not one of those chicks were darkskin... matter fact, none of those chicks were around my complexion.... Me, I'm pretty much right in the middle as far as complexion goes, so I never got it from either end (being deemed a pretty boy or being a ugly darkskin dude)..... My lil' brother is far lighter than I am, and he tells me that he gets those "look at that pretty boy, he think he all that" type of replies from chicks...... I have to tell him, don't even pay that shit no mind; it was like that when I was growing up in the 80's (that's when darkskin dudes were in)......

Guess I'll split the post.....

So true. Especially that style with half their head shaved. Don't find that too attractive at all...

I remember a few years back when a lot of women were trying to go for that Rihanna look...

IINM, that's what started that trend (gettin those fades or w/e); not sure if it was her or Cassie though that started it... No different than whoever it was that started the trend of dudes wearing those goofy looking glasses (esp. the ones w/ no lenses)..... Scary part is that the chicks that cut their hair like that think that men are supposed to overlook that shit & see them as equals..... There's a difference b/w cutting your hair low, and having razorblades going through your hair like men.....

Then you get the chicks that realize that their hairline's been pushed back worse than Screaming A. Smith's, and decide that they're gonna shave their head bald & go natural.... Good for them.... I'm not sexually attracted to a woman w/ low cut hair, but I don't have near as much a problem with women (basically starting from scratch with their hair), than these chicks that are getting fades with the designs in em....

I don't get all bent out of shape with chicks that wear weave like a quite a bit of men tend to..... My thing is, I don't care if you wear weave, but don't ever let me see what's under it.... Traction alopecia is not a pretty sight.....

IINM, that's what started that trend (gettin those fades or w/e); not sure if it was her or Cassie though that started it... No different than whoever it was that started the trend of dudes wearing those goofy looking glasses (esp. the ones w/ no lenses)..... Scary part is that the chicks that cut their hair like that think that men are supposed to overlook that shit & see them as equals..... There's a difference b/w cutting your hair low, and having razorblades going through your hair like men.....

Then you get the chicks that realize that their hairline's been pushed back worse than Screaming A. Smith's, and decide that they're gonna shave their head bald & go natural.... Good for them.... I'm not sexually attracted to a woman w/ low cut hair, but I don't have near as much a problem with women (basically starting from scratch with their hair), than these chicks that are getting fades with the designs in em....

I don't get all bent out of shape with chicks that wear weave like a quite a bit of men tend to..... My thing is, I don't care if you wear weave, but don't ever let me see what's under it.... Traction alopecia is not a pretty sight.....

It was Cassie at first, but since she "off the radar" in terms of her career (dont care, I'd still hit that lol), no one really paid it no mind.

Its when Rhianna started doing it (and coloring her hair red), you see girls willing to hack half their scalp off just to fit it. And they think that shit cute.

...the thing that really irks me is when they shave half their head off, then put weave/tracks in the other half...seems counterproductive if you ask me...

I am very happily married to Filipina lady. We share everything together but we also give each other space. That is why next March she is going to The Philippines to visit her family, and I am going to New York to check out buses and trains, YIPPEE!!

I didn't want to go there, but you're right about it being a slave mentality.....

I shouldn't have to sit here & make this disclaimer but, in the black community, I do notice to an extent that that yellowbone/redbone/lightskinned chick worship (I'm still gonna use the term yellowbone on this forum; anyone don't like it, too bad) isn't as apparent..... Nowadays, dudes are not caring about complexion as much, which is good...

I'd classify the complexion of your lady as being bronze (well, dark bronze, you get the point); don't know if it's the makeup, but I'm just going on the 1 pic obviously.... As far as darkskin brothas being in (or using your term, praised), I don't know what's considered in for women anymore.... It keeps changing; been so since like the 80's, and I haven't been keeping check over the last couple years... Lol....

There was always that thing about "tall, dark, and handsome brothas" being compared to lightskinned brothas & how much more romantic ("pretty boy" types) they are..... Of course, the negatives for each side is that darkskinned dudes end up being called ugly, and every insult in the book regarding their skin color (I know too many darkskin men that have stories of being picked on, growing up)... and for lightskin dudes, they're deemed as being soft guys that can't fight, yada yada yada..... The whole lightskin/darkskin issue in the black community is apparent for both sexes, but I have to say it's much more potent on the women's side..... You can vouch for this, but what I hear from darkskin brothas is that they don't envy lightskin dudes at all.... On the other side, darkskin women (of course, not all... another disclaimer I shouldn't have to put up...lol) tend to have a certain level of envy/hatred towards lightskin women - Because lightskin women are deemed more beautiful by default, and get far more perks (if you wanna call it that).... That's what the "brown paper bag" test is all about, if you know what that is..... Women are judged by their beauty, and there you go......

My lady even admitted to me that they still go about doing that shit in her sorority..... She showed me a picture of all the women in her chapter, and not one of those chicks were darkskin... matter fact, none of those chicks were around my complexion.... Me, I'm pretty much right in the middle as far as complexion goes, so I never got it from either end (being deemed a pretty boy or being a ugly darkskin dude)..... My lil' brother is far lighter than I am, and he tells me that he gets those "look at that pretty boy, he think he all that" type of replies from chicks...... I have to tell him, don't even pay that shit no mind; it was like that when I was growing up in the 80's (that's when darkskin dudes were in)......

Let me just say this: when you put different kinds of people together (diversity), you get conflicts (amniosity). The dynamics are complicated by the fact that race/skin color becomes another parameter in the selection of a mate. You don't get these problems in places like Japan where the population is pretty much homogenous. Things get hairier when you talk about relationships across national boundaries.

Archived