Relationships

bentton316

Ew I don't.

To be blunt about it(and in a forum of guys, I'm probably gonna put my hoof in my mouth), guys in NYC bore me. I've had guys ask me out and times where I asked them out and they all have the same song and dance ending.

You have the hipster skinny jean transplant from Williamsburg who think they're new yorkers and reek of gentrification. They try way too hard to be cool that it's sickening.

You have the older versions of them in Park Slope.

Then there's the Mr. "hey who needs a belt-- low pants" guy. Looks shouldn't count but I'm not gonna date someone lost in their over sized clothes with ladies underwear wrapped around their head or their head size displayed for all to see on their baseball caps. It just looks so stupid.

There's the authentic Brooklyn type of guy who has his head so far up around back, you know he's got a girl for each day of the year and an F word for every sentence in some cases.

And as for the good guy finishing last...it depends. There really is such a thing as being too nice. I've come across the good boring guy and the good guy who has a very creepy religion with examples I won't go into on this forum.

I don't really see a need or want for a guy and I doubt I'll find one in my generation to my liking. I know I'm picky and sound like a snob but I don't really care. It's just entirely easier to be single.

I ain't gonna lie I'm sick of people wearing thier pants low too, show some decency! It's just plain nasty that everyday I'm outside I see a full moon. Some girls do it too and to me it makes them look like they been around Hunts Point too often. I can understand if you forgot your belt or something but there's no excuse to wear pants low with a belt on it already.
Women want guys who are 6'4" with bulging biceps, a Corvette, and a job at a Fortune 500 company. The average Joe just isn't good enough.
Lol someone done lied to you.. B) Even when I was unemployed I had a girlfriend, and on top of that she caught me trotting around taking pictures of buses.

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Most women I've known don't want an average joe until they are in their 20s-30s with kids and want a man to help raise their kids. While some might say that this saying is not true and that good guys can finish first, through my own personal experience, I say good guys always finish last.

How many times I said that in the past. Now I find someone who is just like what I am about to agree with another poster with. She was 2 weeks pregnant by her ex-boyfriend, before she met me. Some here know the drama......

from experience and even more from listening to countless stories ( i grew up living with my three sisters ) from my sisters and hearing things repeat like " all guys are ( it rhymes with flagpole )"ive come to realize that as ironic as it seems, more for females then males, that attention is almost like a repel...almost like this for example : If you and ur boy are gonna hangout with 2 girls and u happen 2 like one of them, chances are upon hanging out with them both, the girls FRIEND will prob start liking you...rather then the girl u like. vice verse ur friend would prob like the girl u like as well...anyone here had their bestfriend do this? never happend 2 me but the point is there is a problem with people and feelings...it seems as though, like Julio said nice guys finish last...which is an irony because many " nice " guys are the " right " guys...however a female seems to to want the (flagpole ) more then she SHOULD be getting the " right guy ". Bet u if u start giving more attention to something else rather then a girl u like...she'll be like " whoa, hes not sweating me "..." i want that attention ". give her too much and she'll notice that dude that she knows but whom doesnt really notice her. everyone is facing the same direction > > > > > > >....its never like this: >< >< >< >< >

True. That's why I say, just lower your standards. I dated good women, but it never worked out. Soon as a meet miss nice but ghetto, they love me. Met one on the Bx36 (when I drove buses (she was borderline too chunky for me)), and the one who I am with now, is nothing but an emotional roller-coaster of pain-in-the-assness. Been together 2 months coming up on 3, but we can't do to much anyways, with her problems when we try to make love. Don't need a blood bath from Ms. Preggo.

Yesterday at Utica, I was talking to someone else. She walked down the platform, I smiled, she smiled back, she came closer, then something happened to get us talking (talking about another woman wearing inappropriate clothing for work). She was 28 (I'm 29). Then she asked me if I had kids, I asked if she was taken (sadly she was, and I don't need that drama since I am already going through that). You see i'm dealing with a 21 year old child now. I need the one who I met Yesterday. A young woman. I feel like an ass, cause regardless of her being taken, i should have asked or gave her my number anyways. People do look for better, and do leave when better comes along. I did take the one who I am with from her boyfriend (the father of her soon to be baby). He still wants her back.

The story gets better. To put it short, it involves the police being called, and her trying to get me arrested, then looking at her like she is crazy, and them doing nothing. After all this, and me telling her that's it, and her saying she will go back to her ex (I have told her too for a good while now), she still is texting me, how she misses me, how we can work it out, how she knows she needs to control her attitude, etc. She bought a side of me out that no one has ever seen.

See this is why I now know ghetto girls are for me. They love me regardless.......

if you're famous with money,you will expect women's knocking your door and that why their relationships don't last too long.

there's some females will try to control you and the relationships,so you don't that kind of women.

The one I'm with.........

I wish I knew. I thought I had a good relationship, but I've been let down so many times. I really don't want to get into details on the board, but I stay with him, despite the drama.

I'm not asking for a man to be perfect, at all. I'm just asking for a man who makes me feel wonderful without even trying. I want someone who makes me feel like I'm worth two cents.

Like I said, I won't get into details.

Oh, and thanks for quoting me, Orion! =P

Send me your pic. I'm trying to move on and so should you. You ain't ugly are you......B););)...........

I ain't gonna lie I'm sick of people wearing thier pants low too, show some decency! It's just plain nasty that everyday I'm outside I see a full moon. Some girls do it too and to me it makes them look like they been around Hunts Point too often. I can understand if you forgot your belt or something but there's no excuse to wear pants low with a belt on it already.

Lol someone done lied to you.. B) Even when I was unemployed I had a girlfriend, and on top of that she caught me trotting around taking pictures of buses.

You wear a bandana thugboy, lol. You are from the hood area, so those girls don't care if you have a job or not. If I go there, I'll take em all away. They will say it's o.k., you don't need protection, you can finish up in me, so they get that ka-chang, if I leave them. (MTA) = ATM for them. That is why I need that balance of ghetto and good.......

Women want guys who are 6'4" with bulging biceps, a Corvette, and a job at a Fortune 500 company. The average Joe just isn't good enough.

Well off topic for second. One of America's most famous sports players is no longer a Bachelor. Tom Brady got married. Here story.

QB Tom Brady marries supermodel Gisele Bundchen

AP.FridayFebruary 27, 2009

Tom Brady and Gisele Bundchen, here seen at the Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute Gala in New York in May 2008, married in Los Angeles on Thursday. (Peter Kramer/Associated Press)New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, 31, tied the knot with supermodel Gisele Bundchen, 28, in a romantic ceremony at dusk in Los Angeles Thursday.

The bride wore Dolce & Gabbana and so did her three dogs.

The simple ceremony took place at St. Monica Catholic Church in Santa Monica with only close friends and family in attendance.

Bundchen wore "a form-fitting ivory lace strapless gown with a trumpet skirt, scalloped edges, long train and a floor-length veil with attached handmade satin roses and attached headband," according to Usmagazine.com.

Her dogs wore matching lace collars.

The Brazilian-born model, reportedly one of the wealthiest women in the world, had been dating the New England Patriots quarterback since 2006.

Bundchen previously dated Leonardo DiCaprio. Brady's 18-month-old son with ex-girlfriend Bridget Moynahan, John Edward Thomas Moynahan, also attended the ceremony.

c)2008 AP

Send me your pic. I'm trying to move on and so should you. You ain't ugly are you......B););)...........
ROFLMAOOOO

You wear a bandana thugboy, lol. You are from the hood area, so those girls don't care if you have a job or not. If I go there, I'll take em all away. They will say it's o.k., you don't need protection, you can finish up in me, so they get that ka-chang, if I leave them. (MTA) = ATM for them. That is why I need that balance of ghetto and good.......
Most of my girls I got were from Long Island, hell even one from Maine. What you saying? B):P

Glen Cove Housing complexes? Portland, Maine? (big cities usually have a hood)..... I'm just a messin' with you cause it amuses me at times. (Scratching chin and thinking), haven't bothered Pablo, Brighton Local, or Harry in a good while........

Damn DOBtoRTO you like to keep it complicated. I have been in the same relationship for about 3 years now and I would not change a thing. I can't deal with the drama that comes from juggling several girls at once, plus I am way too lazy to do that. But hey, what ever works for you.

Damn DOBtoRTO you like to keep it complicated. I have been in the same relationship for about 3 years now and I would not change a thing. I can't deal with the drama that comes from juggling several girls at once, plus I am way too lazy to do that. But hey, what ever works for you.

I hate to keep it complicated, it just turned out that way. I wanted it to work out with this one, but first the not being truthful at the beginning on her part, and now the pregnancy by her ex (2 weeks before we met), has me in a rut. I called her today, and we still speak, but I am going to keep searching for one a little closer to my age (hopefully that = maturity), with a good job. It is for a man to take care of a woman, but these days in time, both need to bring finances to the table. This one can't bring squat, but can taketh away. Besides DOB wants a baby now, not 2 years from now (she says she would give me my 3 I want, but 2 years from now, after she gives birth to this one). Believe me I am too lazy myself, that is why I usually speak to women while at work, on the platform. At least I know who is going to work. I really should have asked that 28 year old for her number, and see if I could have lured her from her boyfriend. I did it with this one. Possibly have let a shot at happiness go. Oh well, always another time........

DOB2RTO, you are full of jokes man. We need to hang out some time, drink some beers and talk about the crazy women in life.

I joke, cause it hides the pain (actually with me joking as much as I do, morphine or codeine would be the alternative). Actually, I just like joking around, but only with people who I get to know, and I know you all. Harry wanted to hang out too. Maybe us three can find a spot and hang out. Anyone else of legal bar age want to join (I won't and don't drink though :););))?????

I joke, cause it hides the pain (actually with me joking as much as I do, morphine or codeine would be the alternative). Actually, I just like joking around, but only with people who I get to know, and I know you all. Harry wanted to hang out too. Maybe us three can find a spot and hang out. Anyone else of legal bar age want to join (I won't and don't drink though :););))?????
I'm legal.. Just switch my age around and I'm 91! :tup::tup:

wow, i didnt think i'd get so many replies from this post lol. first off, let me just say, thanks for alot of ya'll advice. i've been through alot of relationships so far in life and i thought i had good things but i ended up getting hurt. i mean, i consider myself to be a good guy. i'd do things for girls to make them happy. i know i might have my moments and wat not, but all in all, i'm cool. but hey, i guess i'll sit back, relax and wait for the right one to come around to me. i always tell my best friends, the one u think is very perfect, always has a flaw inside of them. so everyone can't be perfect. i dont even think of myself as perfect. but i'ma just live my life, and keep doin' me!

p.s.: all of you guys on here are the freakin' greatest!

<6>

wow, i didnt think i'd get so many replies from this post lol. first off, let me just say, thanks for alot of ya'll advice. i've been through alot of relationships so far in life and i thought i had good things but i ended up getting hurt. i mean, i consider myself to be a good guy. i'd do things for girls to make them happy. i know i might have my moments and wat not, but all in all, i'm cool. but hey, i guess i'll sit back, relax and wait for the right one to come around to me. i always tell my best friends, the one u think is very perfect, always has a flaw inside of them. so everyone can't be perfect. i dont even think of myself as perfect. but i'ma just live my life, and keep doin' me!

p.s.: all of you guys on here are the freakin' greatest!

<6>

Your 19. You got plenty of time for more fun. I know it can get monotonous at times, as one just wants to settle and relax. That is the point I am at now at 29. I have a reason though, and that is I want to start my family soon. Have a career, just need a young woman who I can settle with (finding perfection won't happen as humans will have flaws), and then make the children. The one I am with, even though she says she wants to give me them, I ain't going to let that happen (if it does, it does though).

Keep doin' you can get boring, and you will want a young woman to do you most of the time........:):P:P.........

that seems like a plan. I'm surprised you don't drink, especially with the drama that girl is bringing you. I would have been drinking a bottle of rum a week if I were you in that situation lol.

that seems like a plan. I'm surprised you don't drink, especially with the drama that girl is bringing you. I would have been drinking a bottle of rum a week if I were you in that situation lol.

Working for TA can drive one to drink. We just can't as they have programs, even if you mention it on a public forum, and a supervisor sees it, even when off duty. If I did I would never mention it here blatantly........

I do hear Samuel Adams White Ale is great though.....:););).............

Working for TA can drive one to drink. We just can't as they have programs, even if you mention it on a public forum, and a supervisor sees it, even when off duty. If I did I would never mention it here blatantly........

I do hear Samuel Adams White Ale is great though.....:););).............

;) Gotcha.

Heh this thread got interesting the last few pages...

Unfortunately my situation is a bit rough right now because work has got me by the balls (As I tell my friends, if TA calls me tomorrow I'm there, but not gonna happen since the list won't be finalized till Dec.), and relationships wise it's a downer because there are lots of hot females at my job but they all score massive negative points for personality...basically DOB those "bimbo" types that tell off what they perceive as the "little people" and give you attitude and tell you you're stupid, and act entitled, then turn to their friends and brag about how expensive their clothes are...yeah i got no patience for those types, none i'd wanna chill or go out w/...

Got a few prospects outside of work but work means I dont have time to pursue it, at least for another few months...plus right now it's easier to just do the single thing anyway, i had my fun up in school etc. i can put up with it till I figure out the next move..

As for you guys grabbing drinks sometime, count me in too...I know a great spot on the Lower East Side, if you like beer you will like this spot...there is something for everyone there if you're a beer drinker...

Did somebody say beer! :)

Indeed ;) I've been in the mood of Belgium beers for the past few months, so far I've been digging Stella Artois a lot.

picks_stella.jpg

Yummy! So I guess we got 4 people so far interested in getting together? Me, DOB2RTO, Harry and now SubwayGuy.

Indeed :) I've been in the mood of Belgium beers for the past few months, so far I've been digging Stella Artois a lot.

Yummy! So I guess we got 4 people so far interested in getting together? Me, DOB2RTO, Harry and now SubwayGuy.

That's exactly what I drink. Who's buying? :cool:

Stella's good but MAN this place is gonna be an EYE and TASTE BUD opener for you guys...they've got some rare stuff there and it's really good...try a Maudite or the Ommegang Hennepin, those are two of my favorites that they have there, I mean "I heard they were good" heh...good food as well and lots of TV's with all the local games on.

and this place bills itself as no bud miller or coors (only the good stuff) so you'll have to step it up a notch here Matt ... and don't even THINK about ordering PBR's or Natty, I mean Nasty Lite :P;)

Archived