Relationships

bentton316

I've been spoken to about Samuel Adams White Ale so much, that someone broke into my place and left me a 12 pack in the fridge.........

Hmm wonder who that could be?

Even the talk of Light Beer will get you what are you a pu$$y look from me. I might just say it too, no matter your size.......

Haha agreed, light beer is overrated. I love how (formerly) skinny girls in college will drink 10 of them and act like it's going to keep their waist lines thin because of the "light" - not to mention it tastes like seltzer water and if you're ordering a beer it takes extra effort to add the word "lite" on the end to get it, can't just get a bud gotta get a bud "lite"...well to me that's extra effort for an inferior product so i never do it...

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know how I didn't get into this topic. However I have no luck on picking up women or relationships. I just living the single and free life doing what I want to do when I want as when away from the job. The only women I get an play from are Female co workers then find out its a tease because they already in a relationship. The last good relationship I had dated this Train Operator she was fine and great personality. Someone jumped in front of her train and it screwed her up. She wouldn't talk to me or anyone else in TA and almost got fired. I was in love so it took me awhile to get over it.

I don't know how I didn't get into this topic. However I have no luck on picking up women or relationships. I just living the single and free life doing what I want to do when I want as when away from the job. The only women I get an play from are Female co workers then find out its a tease because they already in a relationship. The last good relationship I had dated this Train Operator she was fine and great personality. Someone jumped in front of her train and it screwed her up. She wouldn't talk to me or anyone else in TA and almost got fired. I was in love so it took me awhile to get over it.

Dave, there are 3 who I really want to bang in the A Div (I think they are fairly new, but have more time than me in RTO). There is one who I wouldn't mind banging, so that makes 4. 2 of the 1st three will say hi to me, but keep walking cause I keep looking and smiling (not enough to get into trouble), the other won't say much, and only talks to the old heads, even though she is closer to my age. The 4th, I think I can get, and speaking to her without hearing her directly say it, I believe she is single. She was talking to me and a C/R about Harlem apartments, and said she would have to work both her RDO's and do double ups, etc. No mention of her and her man paying for it. Sadly, I like the other 3 far better, and guess I love the hard to get ones.......

Dave your time will come, and a beautiful female will make you do just that.......

• 5 months later...
just living the single and free life doing what I want to do when I want

Im married and I was missing that last week when my wife was going off about how we have to do this and that..... I really miss doing what I want when I want and not having to check in or answer to anyone but this is the marriage life I chose and I will stick with it. lol kinda lika a gunshot to the foot that I have grown to enjoy.. that nagging sensation of a wound that never quite fully healed and redminds me of everytime I put my foot down to walk..

Im married and I was missing that last week when my wife was going off about how we have to do this and that..... I really miss doing what I want when I want and not having to check in or answer to anyone but this is the marriage life I chose and I will stick with it. lol kinda lika a gunshot to the foot that I have grown to enjoy.. that nagging sensation of a wound that never quite fully healed and redminds me of everytime I put my foot down to walk..

Have fun! :cool:

• 3 years later...

I want to bring this topic back up, because i want to see where relationships are these days...

As for me, I always had a hard time finding a girlfriend, because i feel like i just don't have the skills to flirt or whatever... im on a few dating sites like OkCupid and PlentyOfFish... little to no luck has been made.... sure i have been on a few dates, but they never worked out or did not "click"

Love sucks. I know that I have loved people and have been involved with people before, but you always end up getting hurt. Girls like to blame guys and guys like to blame girls. It's a warring love feast. You can't live without it. From my own experiences you are probably better off not thinking about it. I know how love felt like since I have received it before and gave it to back to the same person. It just ends up with heartbreak. It ended terribly for me after two years due to the fact her friends didn't like me. She ended it quick because of that. It's not worth the heartbreak nor is it worth the suffering. Just live life to the fullest. Don't think about it.

Also beer is a good way to solve problems although temporarily. It shouldn't be done however because of the consequences.

Love just happens. Don't be too hellbent on giving it or getting it. It shows and you eventually screw up because it's not you. I've had various problems with it including myself being too picky (example: obesity, superficial ugliness, religious fanaticism) or my targets not seeing me the same way I saw them.

I want to bring this topic back up, because i want to see where relationships are these days...

As for me, I always had a hard time finding a girlfriend, because i feel like i just don't have the skills to flirt or whatever... im on a few dating sites like OkCupid and PlentyOfFish... little to no luck has been made.... sure i have been on a few dates, but they never worked out or did not "click"

You're 21 years old. You have so much potential and so many opportunities. No offense but you will make very little progress on dating sites. Anyway, are you looking for commitment or something more of a past-time?

A word of advice, don't be expecting a serious relationship early on. I learned that the hard way many years back. Also, don't take it hard if it doesn't work out. I've been in three relationships this year alone. When all else fails, just get up and keep moving on. At the end of the day, it all comes down to your confidence, honesty, and self-motivation to keep you moving.

Another issue, transit related is, sure I want to go out to a bar or a club and try there... But how do I get home late at night if there's no buses..... Unlike New York, I'm from South Jersey... Only PATCO, NJT bus 551, Atlantic City NJT local buses, and SEPTA buses operate overnight...

What if I don't have any money to get a cab, eventhough I may be drunk.....

Whenever I come home late from lighting crew at school (Blackwood, NJ), I get 2 car rides, one to Lindenwold, another from Haddonfield to home. I see drunks on the PATCO night owl trains coming from Philly... And they're tired for me to hit on especially when they may be with some guys they just picked up or whatever

Also, how do I cope with going to a club/bar by myself because I don't have any friends who would want to go with me

^ You should try other potential public gathering places where you can meet beautiful women. At that some may disagree but unless you are looking for a one nighter, the local bar may not be the best place to look for women if you are seriously looking for committment.

Dating is a social skill that must be learned and perfected. Like say the art of public speaking or the survival art of winning that offer at job interviews. Part of mastering that skill involves practice as well as guidance. So keep trying, you will find that girl soon. But in the meantine, don't sulk, keep it moving. Girls generally love guys that have high self esteem, who are not needy, knows exactly what he wants, is responsible and has set solid secular goals and achieving them. (I've learned this the hard way lol, but I'm on my way now...)

^ You should try other potential public gathering places where you can meet beautiful women. At that some may disagree but unless you are looking for a one nighter, the local bar may not be the best place to look for women if you are seriously looking for committment.

Dating is a social skill that must be learned and perfected. Like say the art of public speaking or the survival art of winning that offer at job interviews. Part of mastering that skill involves practice as well as guidance. So keep trying, you will find that girl soon. But in the meantine, don't sulk, keep it moving. Girls generally love guys that have high self esteem, who are not needy, knows exactly what he wants, is responsible and has set solid secular goals and achieving them. (I've learned this the hard way lol, but I'm on my way now...)

Up here in ski country aka (soon to winter wonderland in Ducthess County)there not much of a single life up here. Just like smaller town America, many of the attractive ladies marry their high school/college sweethearts. Thus best way to meet singles where i live is church groups or not trying to sound like a commerical "Meetups".

http://www.meetup.com/cities/us/ny/new_york/

Meetups is i think a great site and you can match your social hobbies i.e politics, sci-fi, even a few NY Yankees fan clubs if you into baseball that you can find. I met a couple of causal friends from Meetups. While still I am single, I still feel good in near future I meet "Miss Right." :D

Unless you have deep pockets, I would stay away from dating sites such as EHarmony. I did met a former co-worker at school i worked who met her husband on EHarmony. However it's deep odds(not impossible)to meet that match. Sure there a good chance you might meet someone from eharmony for a 1st date. Hard part is getting a 2nd date and beyond from my experience.

Just my takes and advice. B-)

I'm with my significant other for 2+ years. In all the craziness that is each other I find the strong foundation is that we can talk about anything. Successful relationships thrive on this amongst several other things. Being able to open up to each other is an acquired taste. I don't mean talking about just the good stuff either. Any schmoe can go on and on about what makes them so great or things they like and whatever. It's when you start opening up about the things that you're not so great with and delve into each others differences and accepting them as part of the person that a connection hits peak. That takes practice and confidence.

Most people run at the first sight of a yellow flag never even giving the person a chance. They want this super perfect person that never ever does that one thing that pisses em off. Fact of life is that person doesn't exist. Even your closest friend can do that one thing that seems unforgivable. To sum it up honesty and communication are why finding the right person is so difficult. Majority of people can't be honest about what they want at the beginning and even more people fail to establish good communication skills. Honesty and Communication hit so many categories in the dos and don'ts of relationships and dating. I'd go so far as to actually say all of them.

Up here in ski country aka (soon to winter wonderland in Ducthess County)there not much of a single life up here. Just like smaller town America, many of the attractive ladies marry their high school/college sweethearts. Thus best way to meet singles where i live is church groups

I'm always fascinating by people that marry high school or college sweethearts. I'm well out of college and still happily single, and can't imagine tying the knot as a senior in college or whatnot. Yet it seems like a large number of people all over the country do that, much more than I realized. Fascinating trend.

relationships are now a days are just plain shit. a female will turn you down for the most dumbest thing, its all about race, the way you look and etc., ive had met females who just find anything to turn good guys down, if your a good guy, your gonna have a hard time esp. females from here in the city, i met females from other states and canada are more nicer, i met a canadian female on the A train last summer, very nice and very understanding, people think its BS on what im saying but in reailty its the truth.

relationships are now a days are just plain shit. a female will turn you down for the most dumbest thing, its all about race, the way you look and etc., ive had met females who just find anything to turn good guys down, if your a good guy, your gonna have a hard time esp. females from here in the city, i met females from other states and canada are more nicer, i met a canadian female on the A train last summer, very nice and very understanding, people think its BS on what im saying but in reailty its the truth.

That true. If you live in NYC the best single ladies i.e 21 & up are those fairly new to the big apple. I still feel if i ever got married it might a lady from Canada lol or the Midwest. :D

That true. If you live in NYC the best single ladies i.e 21 & up are those fairly new to the big apple. I still feel if i ever got married it might a lady from Canada lol or the Midwest. :D

I don't plan to get married.... But I agree with finding a chick who isn't from here.... I seem to have better luck with European chicks...

-----

To folks who have trouble finding a special someone: Keep looking and don't give up! Believe me, I know that is much easier said than done but it can be accomplished!

Look on the bright side: Being single is a bit less stressful because you don't need to worry a whole lot about another.... Plus you will have more money in your pocket!

Sometimes, It's not worth being in a relationship... Trust me....

Who knows, maybe your special someone has been near you all this time!

LOL@meetups... God I feel like Shortline lives in some small little town somewhere in the Midwest. Kind of depressing to think that he's in NY. :huh:

Some of these other comments I have had a good laugh at. Well I'm officially single but here and there I go out with this chick as friends since we have a good vibe. Not my type sexually, but she's got a good head on her shoulders and she's quite intellectual, which is hard to find these days.

I will say this though... I do A LOT of things alone. I really enjoy my own company and it's probably because I'm an only child. My friends will call me and say damn you never call us to hang out, but it's like hey if I'm with friends awesome and if I'm alone, awesome. It's all about having a good time. I also need my space and get cranky if I feel smothered so having alone time is a MUST with me.

LOL@meetups... God I feel like Shortline lives in some small little town somewhere in the Midwest. Kind of depressing to think that he's in NY. :huh:

Some of these other comments I have had a good laugh at. Well I'm officially single but here and there I go out with this chick as friends since we have a good vibe. Not my type sexually, but she's got a good head on her shoulders and she's quite intellectual, which is hard to find these days.

I will say this though... I do A LOT of things alone. I really enjoy my own company and it's probably because I'm an only child. My friends will call me and say damn you never call us to hang out, but it's like hey if I'm with friends awesome and if I'm alone, awesome. It's all about having a good time. I also need my space and get cranky if I feel smothered so having alone time is a MUST with me.

Off topic. My town sure feels does a small town lol VG8. :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poughkeepsie,_New_York

Archived