Relationships

bentton316

- I see. Yeah, "crush" sounded a little childish (like something applying to elementary school kids), but I couldn't think of a better term. You're right that interested sounds much better, for both reasons.

- Exactly. Personally, a certain degree of frugality is something that I would look for in a woman, because I wouldn't want to feel taken advantage of, that I'm buying her nice clothes and sending her on nice trips while she's not pulling her weight. (I mean, even if she did make more money than me, I just don't have fancy tastes in general, and I wouldn't want to be forced to partake in those types of things).

#1 mistake simps & nice guys make/assume.... While you will shell out money in some form for a woman, you don't keep buying her pricey shit & sending her on vacay's thinking that's gonna make her appreciate you more (Personally, I wouldn't plan or pay for a trip for my woman that I'm not going on).... She's gonna play you for your money because that's what you're showing her that you're all about......

Anyway, not sure I'd use the word frugal (I don't wan't a woman who's a cheapskate either... lol), but more, a woman that appreciates things you do for her that doesn't involve (large sums of) money...... The little things, as they say....

Funny you bring that up... We're having a discussion on another site, on women that make more money than their men.... I have mixed views on this; pretty much dependent on how big the salary gap is..... Some of the guys are real heavy/defiant on the notion that a man must never make less than his woman - not even a dime.... I can see that side of the argument, but I think there's some raging insecurities goin on w/ those dudes too..... When it's time to worry is when she starts pulling rank on you on some ole "I wear the pants in this household" BS....

Some folks just don't talk about it because they don't like airing their business or they don't think it's that relevant to bring up, but it's one of those things that just happens. You meet someone and you click and boom, you spending time together. Some folks like myself don't like calling them relationships because it makes me feel tied down which I hate, but you know when someone is involved in something because they're never around and they're spending damn there day and night with the person they're with, sleeping over, etc. etc. It's a beautiful thing I tell ya. :D

You're not the first dude I heard say that; hell, now that I look back on it, I used to feel like that when I was in my teens.... Women will sit up there & tell you that you're supposedly afraid of commitment.... I even had a female family member tell me this garbage about a chick I was seeing back in college....

...But now that I'm older, I'm like, as long as she gives me my space & she respects and does right by me, I don't care what people call it...... We in a relationship, We talkin to each other, We seein each other, We f***in (lol), That's wifey... whatever......

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lot's of good insights within this thread, like some other poster(s) said, it's pleasantly surprising to see so many POV's here.

I'm in a pickle when it comes with Relationships. I used to go out with this polish girl who was just amazing - intellectual, and beautiful - and full of common sense :wub: . It was consistent from freshmen year to the middle of sophomore year, when I switched schools, and now after that, well, causal encounters here and there, not too often, but not far apart either. We got over it, but there were some awkward moments here and there. We still see each other, and we get along well, but like I said before, there are some awkward moments here and there - I guess we both understand the simmering "feelings" that we are somewhat purposefully naive about. ^_^

Currently, at the school I'm at, I guess you can consider me "single." B-) I sorta have a flirtatious relationship with a girl over here, and we sorta have similar interests - big history/law nerds and ideals. I'm thinking at going at it and asking her out, but I'm not sure about it (giving the fact that I still see the other girl from time to time). I guess time will tell.

...But now that I'm older, I'm like, as long as she gives me my space & she respects and does right by me, I don't care what people call it...... We in a relationship, We talkin to each other, We seein each other, We f***in (lol), That's wifey... whatever......

I'm done!!!! :lol:

#1 mistake simps & nice guys make/assume.... While you will shell out money in some form for a woman, you don't keep buying her pricey shit & sending her on vacay's thinking that's gonna make her appreciate you more (Personally, I wouldn't plan or pay for a trip for my woman that I'm not going on).... She's gonna play you for your money because that's what you're showing her that you're all about......

Anyway, not sure I'd use the word frugal (I don't wan't a woman who's a cheapskate either... lol), but more, a woman that appreciates things you do for her that doesn't involve (large sums of) money...... The little things, as they say....

Funny you bring that up... We're having a discussion on another site, on women that make more money than their men.... I have mixed views on this; pretty much dependent on how big the salary gap is..... Some of the guys are real heavy/defiant on the notion that a man must never make less than his woman - not even a dime.... I can see that side of the argument, but I think there's some raging insecurities goin on w/ those dudes too..... When it's time to worry is when she starts pulling rank on you on some ole "I wear the pants in this household" BS....

LOL... Well the thing is men generally make more than women even for the same position, with the thinking being that the men usually have to support a family. Even if the man is earning more, let's face it.... At the end of the day the woman does call some shots... If she wants such and such house, you'd better believe the man usually "compromises"... :lol:

Luckily for me I haven't gotten to that point yet because for me I need to be in control of things and I generally don't believe in settling. My mom knew how picky I was first hand so unless she was absolutely sure I'd like something, she'd bring me along and let me pick out exactly what I wanted. Probably because she was the same way. :lol:

As for paying I generally will pay if I'm out with a female friend and the one chick I hang out will insist that she pays something so I tell her she can leave a tip, this way she doesn't feel like she's taking advantage. I mean in any event I always spend far more so I would feel horrible if she offered to pay.

As for women being cheap, I don't like that either, regardless of who it is. I have a good friend from college that is like that. Every time we hang out he'll friggin' mouch off of all of us and I have to slow him down because he'll start with the "Come on dude! We're like brothers man!" and I'm like yeah but um, you need to get your own plate buddy and stop asking me to share. :lol: However, he has actually taken me out for drinks and grub on a few birthdays so it does even itself out.

There are certainly women however that will expect you to wine and dine them and give nothing in return. It's all about what you're getting them because they're the woman, so you have to constantly keep proving what a great man you are by constantly showing how much you can provide for them. <_<

You're not the first dude I heard say that; hell, now that I look back on it, I used to feel like that when I was in my teens.... Women will sit up there & tell you that you're supposedly afraid of commitment.... I even had a female family member tell me this garbage about a chick I was seeing back in college....

LOL... Most of them want the commitment so that they get the ring...

Lot's of good insights within this thread, like some other poster(s) said, it's pleasantly surprising to see so many POV's here.

I'm in a pickle when it comes with Relationships. I used to go out with this polish girl who was just amazing - intellectual, and beautiful - and full of common sense :wub: . It was consistent from freshmen year to the middle of sophomore year, when I switched schools, and now after that, well, causal encounters here and there, not too often, but not far apart either. We got over it, but there were some awkward moments here and there. We still see each other, and we get along well, but like I said before, there are some awkward moments here and there - I guess we both understand the simmering "feelings" that we are somewhat purposefully naive about. ^_^

Currently, at the school I'm at, I guess you can consider me "single." B-) I sorta have a flirtatious relationship with a girl over here, and we sorta have similar interests - big history/law nerds and ideals. I'm thinking at going at it and asking her out, but I'm not sure about it (giving the fact that I still see the other girl from time to time). I guess time will tell.

One nerd afraid to ask another nerd out?? Come on now!! :lol:

LOL... Well the thing is men generally make more than women even for the same position, with the thinking being that the men usually have to support a family. Even if the man is earning more, let's face it.... At the end of the day the woman does call some shots... If she wants such and such house, you'd better believe the man usually "compromises"... :lol:

Luckily for me I haven't gotten to that point yet because for me I need to be in control of things and I generally don't believe in settling. My mom knew how picky I was first hand so unless she was absolutely sure I'd like something, she'd bring me along and let me pick out exactly what I wanted. Probably because she was the same way. :lol:

As for paying I generally will pay if I'm out with a female friend and the one chick I hang out will insist that she pays something so I tell her she can leave a tip, this way she doesn't feel like she's taking advantage. I mean in any event I always spend far more so I would feel horrible if she offered to pay.

As for women being cheap, I don't like that either, regardless of who it is. I have a good friend from college that is like that. Every time we hang out he'll friggin' mouch off of all of us and I have to slow him down because he'll start with the "Come on dude! We're like brothers man!" and I'm like yeah but um, you need to get your own plate buddy and stop asking me to share. :lol: However, he has actually taken me out for drinks and grub on a few birthdays so it does even itself out.

There are certainly women however that will expect you to wine and dine them and give nothing in return. It's all about what you're getting them because they're the woman, so you have to constantly keep proving what a great man you are by constantly showing how much you can provide for them. <_<

...and that very compromisation is the problem with a lot of guys out here.... I sometimes watch those home renovation & home buying shows on cable..... I aint paying for a house my woman wants that I do not like, or like/care for w/e neighborhood it might be in.... To hell with happy wife, happy life.... I'm not sleeping on no couch in a house I'm paying the mortgage for - It's straight sucker shit..... That's one thing I will agree with the "empowered" women on - my money, my rules..... That's what happens when you kill chivalry & expect traditional men to still be traditional.....

as far as nights out or w/e, me & my lady alternate (first date we went on, I paid).... I don't have a problem w/ a woman paying; hell women need to pay for their dudes more often.... That's what real equality is all about.... I shouldn't have to come out of pocket every single time we wanna go out....

One time a couple months back when she brought her friends along, I paid for the both of us - That's it..... She came out of pocket & paid the rest of the bill (we had an argument about that, that same night, talkin bout I'm wrong for payin 1/3rd of the bill [there were 6 of us])..... My name aint Rico Q. Pantywaist or John D. Rockefeller and I aint payin for NOBODY I did not invite..... Especially some bougie ass AKA's (I still don't care for the fact that she's in a sorority, but what are you gonna do)..... I can't stand none of those cornball chicks... I still think one of them wanna f***, but that aint hah'hnin - no way, no how (of course, she's the ugliest one out of the bunch, but that's neither here nor there).... I told my lady about her, but she's like oh, don't pay her no mind, she just friendly like that... and I'm like yeah, whatever.....

Sharing plates? wtf.... kinda nasty ass shit is that? I wouldn't even associate with anyone that would resort to asking for anything off my breakfast/lunch/dinner plate.... I always thought that was disgusting, even back during school days; drinking from the same bottle, diggin your nose picking, ear picking, hair scratching, ass scratching fingers in my chips.... FOH..... I didn't drink from my own damn family; had my own designated cups & cutlery I kept in my room while I was growing up..... "You need to get your own plate" wouldn't even come out my mouth......

As for the last paragraph, Well those are the same women I want no part of.... Sad part is, that's the majority of em..... Golddiggers fall into that category.... They scoff at the idea of ever coming out of pocket for someone that is not themselves or their babies - Especially for "some man"...

LOL... Most of them want the commitment so that they get the ring...

Of course... I made a similar point earlier in this thread....

They claim we're afraid of commitment, when they're the ones that really are.....

One nerd afraid to ask another nerd out?? Come on now!!

How many assertive nerds you've seen in the dating scene... LMAO !

...and that very compromisation is the problem with a lot of guys out here.... I sometimes watch those home renovation & home buying shows on cable..... I aint paying for a house my woman wants that I do not like, or like/care for w/e neighborhood it might be in.... To hell with happy wife, happy life.... I'm not sleeping on no couch in a house I'm paying the mortgage for - It's straight sucker shit..... That's one thing I will agree with the "empowered" women on - my money, my rules..... That's what happens when you kill chivalry & expect traditional men to still be traditional.....

as far as nights out or w/e, me & my lady alternate (first date we went on, I paid).... I don't have a problem w/ a woman paying; hell women need to pay for their dudes more often.... That's what real equality is all about.... I shouldn't have to come out of pocket every single time we wanna go out....

One time a couple months back when she brought her friends along, I paid for the both of us - That's it..... She came out of pocket & paid the rest of the bill (we had an argument about that, that same night, talkin bout I'm wrong for payin 1/3rd of the bill [there were 6 of us])..... My name aint Rico Q. Pantywaist or John D. Rockefeller and I aint payin for NOBODY I did not invite..... Especially some bougie ass AKA's (I still don't care for the fact that she's in a sorority, but what are you gonna do)..... I can't stand none of those cornball chicks... I still think one of them wanna f***, but that aint hah'hnin - no way, no how (of course, she's the ugliest one out of the bunch, but that's neither here nor there).... I told my lady about her, but she's like oh, don't pay her no mind, she just friendly like that... and I'm like yeah, whatever.....

Sharing plates? wtf.... kinda nasty ass shit is that? I wouldn't even associate with anyone that would resort to asking for anything off my breakfast/lunch/dinner plate.... I always thought that was disgusting, even back during school days; drinking from the same bottle, diggin your nose picking, ear picking, hair scratching, ass scratching fingers in my chips.... FOH..... I didn't drink from my own damn family; had my own designated cups & cutlery I kept in my room while I was growing up..... "You need to get your own plate" wouldn't even come out my mouth......

As for the last paragraph, Well those are the same women I want no part of.... Sad part is, that's the majority of em..... Golddiggers fall into that category.... They scoff at the idea of ever coming out of pocket for someone that is not themselves or their babies - Especially for "some man"...

Of course... I made a similar point earlier in this thread....

They claim we're afraid of commitment, when they're the ones that really are.....

LMAO... Nah, he likes to steal my French fries, but I'm not wild about folks putting their hands anywhere near my food. That's why I tell him he needs his own plate... As for the other comments, I'm in a bar at the moment, so hopefully I make sense... All I can,say is I agree... 6 people WTF... Paying for that would make you,a total sucker... Good that you

stood your ground...

I'm done!!!! :lol:

lol.... real talk though.

(semi)Torn between two chicks? Damn, I've never been in that situation, so I can't really suggest which one you should go after, or lay back in the cut & enjoy youth while you can w/o being bogged down w/ a relationship & all that it brings.....

Me, what I have been through is what you'd call a "fatal attraction" back in college..... Also, back in high schooI, there were these 2 chicks that wanted to get with me, but they both had boyfriends (one of which I was cool with, the other dude was one of these fake thugs claiming crip [who ended up getting jumped for false flagging])..... I didn't think either one of those chicks were attractive - one had bullet wounds, cigarette burns, or welts (I don't know wth it was exactly) all over her arms & the other one who thought she was all that because she lightskinnded.....

I am ridiculously picky when it comes to women.... and have no qualms about it either.

I'm laughing as I'm typing this, but I wouldn't want a chick that has the same/similar interests as me....

"Well you know that the B35 LTD sucks & to hell with those ingrates in country club & the Bx24 & the demographical makeup of the BM2 are mainly black women & the (7) has no businesses goin to some secaucus, NJ"..... Lol....

LMAO... Nah, he likes to steal my French fries, but I'm not wild about folks putting their hands anywhere near my food. That's why I tell him he needs his own plate... As for the other comments, I'm in a bar at the moment, so hopefully I make sense... All I can say is I agree... 6 people WTF... Paying for that would make you,a total sucker... Good that you stood your ground...

Don't worry about it, do your thing..... I have to decipher gibberish all the time w/ work e-mails.... Gotten quite good with at too.

Anyway, I didn't think of it at the time, but now I'm wondering if that was some sort of "test" she was runnin....

Test or not though, th'aint no way in the world I'm breakin bank for 4 other grown ass women..... To me, that's just common goddamn sense...

I aint one of these growling brolic tough guy alpha male types, but a nice guy "aww he's so sweet, he paid for us" type, I am Not.....

Don't worry about it, do your thing..... I have to decipher gibberish all the time w/ work e-mails.... Gotten quite good with at too.

Anyway, I didn't think of it at the time, but now I'm wondering if that was some sort of "test" she was runnin....

Test or not though, th'aint no way in the world I'm breakin bank for 4 other grown ass women..... To me, that's just common goddamn sense...

I aint one of these growling brolic tough guy alpha male types, but a nice guy "aww he's so sweet, he paid for us" type, I am Not.....

LMAO... All I can do is laugh... In fact deep down inside women like strong guys that stand their ground. They'd never say it but really, who wants a push over except for folks that have no decency...

LMAO... All I can do is laugh... In fact deep down inside women like strong guys that stand their ground. They'd never say it but really, who wants a push over except for folks that have no decency...

....and the ones that lack decency believe it or not, avoid men of means (by men of means, I mean men that got their shit together).... As in, he's not the type of dude that's gonna put up with the bullshit that most (american/westernized) women are on - that most men let slide b/c simply.... she's a woman.....

I'm trying to condense my point here, but any woman that gravitates toward a dude that doesn't have his own foundation set (I'm talkin about for long term relationship purposes, not just for a 1 night stand or w/e), I don't respect.... I have overheard women say things like "I don't think I could get with him", "He doesn't look the type that would date me", or my personal favorite "He looks like he only dates white girls"....

Everything said after this may sound cold.... But most women want/yearn/make a serious push for the (as you put it) strong guys that stand their ground - When it's too late.

Generally, men in their 20's don't want women in their 40's..... shit, men in their 40's don't want women in their 40's.....

Young women don't realize the importance of setting up shop with that type of a guy - Instead, she's too caught up with wanting to be independent & controlling her own domain & "having fun"... It is only when she is (or feels) no longer beautiful and/or bogged down w/ a bunch of bastard children with no man in sight when she comes to the revelation of getting with a man of means being the wise/intelligent/beneficial thing to do.... Not just for her sake, but for the children's sake (if any) as well..... I say 40's, but the scary part for women is, that age is getting younger - I'd even venture to say women in their early to mid 30's start to feel like they're no longer higher up in the food chain (so to speak)......

What is utterly disgusting to me is this notion that I'm supposed to be today's woman's garbageman - Let them have their fun when they're young & wife them up once they're damaged goods....

What's disturbing is that a lot of men still try to be traditional, when women nowadays don't respect "traditional" unless/until there's a tangible need for something....

I'll stop here for now... It's friday & I wanna get the phuck outta here..... Lol

Women can be pretty complex cant they? 5 consecutive years on and off and we are still arguing over which city is more live: Tokyo or NYC? Hey sweetheart our subway runs 24 hrs 7 days a week! She still insists Tokyo is still live. She's debating with me over it in bed even!! WTF? lol.

Go figure a woman.... OK if she says the sky is purple with pink elephants perching in the trees then what we have to do is say OK, yes honey, so at least we can get our rocks off with her at the end of the day in bed.

Wait till some of you guys get involved in an LTR. Its defacto marriage lol.

Women can be pretty complex cant they? 5 consecutive years on and off and we are still arguing over which city is more live: Tokyo or NYC? Hey sweetheart our subway runs 24 hrs 7 days a week! She still insists Tokyo is still live. She's debating with me over it in bed even!! WTF? lol.

Go figure a woman.... OK if she says the sky is purple with pink elephants perching in the trees then what we have to do is say OK, yes honey, so at least we can get our rocks off with her at the end of the day in bed.

One of my close female friends is already in one. For her she basically is married. She is a far cry from my other female friends who happen not to be in relationships.

One nerd afraid to ask another nerd out?? Come on now!! :lol:

Yeah...most of the times, I'm direct, but when it comes to this, well, err....... :lol:

Not many, including this one! ^_^

(semi)Torn between two chicks? Damn, I've never been in that situation, so I can't really suggest which one you should go after, or lay back in the cut & enjoy youth while you can w/o being bogged down w/ a relationship & all that it brings.....

Yeah, you can definitely say that I am torn between these two chicks - the polish girl, or the Jewish one (yes, the girl I'm describing about in my current school is Jewish). In my school, we have a large Jewish student body, and it's actually fairly common for people of different religions to go out as one couple - it's happened. In the end, I might just "lay back and enjoy youth" as you suggest - after all, being tied down can be a heavy load for one to carry.

Me, what I have been through is what you'd call a "fatal attraction" back in college..... Also, back in high schooI, there were these 2 chicks that wanted to get with me, but they both had boyfriends (one of which I was cool with, the other dude was one of these fake thugs claiming crip [who ended up getting jumped for false flagging])..... I didn't think either one of those chicks were attractive - one had bullet wounds, cigarette burns, or welts (I don't know wth it was exactly) all over her arms & the other one who thought she was all that because she lightskinnded.....

LOL at the 2 chicks and dudes - god, especially at the wannabe crip guy. Damn at one who had bullet wounds/burns/welts - she had something seedy going on behind the scenes! The other chick - to be honest, I hate chicks who are like that - stuck up and pretentious, god, whenever I see girls (or anyone like that), I kinda react like VG8 - I stand my ground, and I begin to tacitly indicate increasing signs of disapproval.

I am ridiculously picky when it comes to women.... and have no qualms about it either.

I'm laughing as I'm typing this, but I wouldn't want a chick that has the same/similar interests as me....

"Well you know that the B35 LTD sucks & to hell with those ingrates in country club & the Bx24 & the demographical makeup of the BM2 are mainly black women & the (7) has no businesses goin to some secaucus, NJ"..... Lol....

Same here - picky, and proud of it, damn it! I don't mind if the chick has slimiar interests or not, as long as she is not out of this place weird. For some reason, I avoid going out with people of same race/ethnicity - e.g., Latino/a or Ecuadorian, because usually, most are just eh....not that all of them are, but here in the city (specifically, Corona!), the drama and bs associated with it is just too great, and some of them can be...mother of god.

One of my close female friends is already in one. For her she basically is married. She is a far cry from my other female friends who happen not to be in relationships.

Speaking from a man perspective: Having to deal with shitting, eating, sleeping in bed with her in the same apartment (or house), and supporting each other with the challenges in life. If you can deal with it then you may be ready too. And yes! Many women do see that and gain interest.

Having a wife is a beautiful thing because first you can virtually get p---y when you need to get some, but better because of the emotional comfort and strength a good woman can give to a man.

Don't believe the hype. Many marriages do work. I've mentioned thungs I've seen in the past that makes my heart glad, successful family stories.

Lol, yes, to a man.....

To a woman, it's more black & white - No ring, no perks, she aint considering herself married... Nope....

as far as debating something as moot as [NYC v. Tokyo] in bed.... I'd hate to see what would really grind her gears.....

Guarantee you that's not what she says to her female friends.....

But yeah, the crabs-in-the-barrel mentality definitely exists with women that are in relationships (vs. women that aren't).....

Men generally don't care if his dude is in a relationship or not.....

Not many, including this one! ^_^

Yeah, you can definitely say that I am torn between these two chicks - the polish girl, or the Jewish one (yes, the girl I'm describing about in my current school is Jewish). In my school, we have a large Jewish student body, and it's actually fairly common for people of different religions to go out as one couple - it's happened. In the end, I might just "lay back and enjoy youth" as you suggest - after all, being tied down can be a heavy load for one to carry.

LOL at the 2 chicks and dudes - god, especially at the wannabe crip guy. Damn at one who had bullet wounds/burns/welts - she had something seedy going on behind the scenes! The other chick - to be honest, I hate chicks who are like that - stuck up and pretentious, god, whenever I see girls (or anyone like that), I kinda react like VG8 - I stand my ground, and I begin to tacitly indicate increasing signs of disapproval.

Same here - picky, and proud of it, damn it! I don't mind if the chick has slimiar interests or not, as long as she is not out of this place weird. For some reason, I avoid going out with people of same race/ethnicity - e.g., Latino/a or Ecuadorian, because usually, most are just eh....not that all of them are, but here in the city (specifically, Corona!), the drama and bs associated with it is just too great, and some of them can be...mother of god.

Aint nothin that wrong w/ a Jewish chick for you to emphasize/parenthesize it; get it in where you wanna fit in !

I hate using this term, but "color-struck" dudes gas these yellowbone/redbone/lightskinned chicks' heads up - that's why they act like that.... As if chicks need any more of an ego boost (which believe it or not, they get, when guys simply try to talk to them)..... A woman rejecting you is an ego boost to her because it puts it in the back of her mind that guys (plural) still want her "like that"..... I'll be completely honest, I was off on that lightskin for the win BS when I was younger too (although I wasn't the type to swell these chicks heads; I seldom give people compliments period)..... Now I see women for women and not this notion that lightskinned women > darkskinned women....

and besides.... let's face it, there are some butt-ugly lightskin chicks out here.... I'd even say there's an increasing number of them....

Just being yellow aint goin get you by in the dating scene anymore; gotta bring more to the table....

I've always said/felt that the best way to deal w/ a stuck-up chick is to ignore her.... Snap her back to reality... Make her realize that she is not god's gift to ALL men - by you (a man) not even saying a word to her..... All minus one does not equal all (see how that works).... The shit drives them absolutely nuts (and makes make-up companies that much richer !)... LMAO....

Word, Int'... I advocate for any man to not settle with filth, even if it takes years to find that diamond in the rough.... Way too many batshit crazy chicks out here, and we have to realize that we (men) are worth more than having filth on our arms representing/reflecting us.... I say reflecting because who you date is a direct reflection of the type of person you are & what "moral fiber" (or lack thereof) you're made up on..... I will say it is a scary thought to come to that realization that you may never find that diamond, but what are you gonna do.....

Never let anyone shame you for who you deserve (not want, but deserve) to be with.

LOL. "You better change your mind about that B7 to Canarsie or we're through". :P

That's actually a good point, though. Before, I was thinking that it would be preferable to have a woman who likes the same things as you, but I guess it would get weird if the interests were that similar. Aside from that, I already have somebody else I can casually talk to about transit (my little brother), so I guess that "void" is already filled. He's not as into it as me, but he does know about different ridership patterns and things like that, and when I explain ideas/proposals, he sees what I'm saying.

Lol, yes, to a man.....

To a woman, it's more black & white - No ring, no perks, she aint considering herself married... Nope....

as far as debating something as moot as [NYC v. Tokyo] in bed.... I'd hate to see what would really grind her gears.....

She is very proud of being Japanese (she'll throw the history and commentary books at you!) and wants me come home with her to Tokyo to live with her. But I don't want to let NY go. Plus since I'm part Chinese I am honestly scared of the culture shock from not understanding as well the dynamics there. Plus I am not done advancing in the IT field in NYC enough to keep up with Japanese IT technology. It's intense.

Then the debating starts, but then make up sex and then forget about it because we love and respect each other, sleep on it whatever tomm is another day.

LTRs are a learning experience.

I disagree. It's called reality. I was simply answering a question.

End of conversation.

I was kind of joking but also being serious i.e sex being the #1 topic for most humans. Just have to agree to disagree man.

Lets have a sense of humor sometimes realizm as life is not always that serious. Lets end it there.

I was kind of joking but also being serious i.e sex being the #1 topic for most humans. Just have to agree to disagree man.

Lets have a sense of humor sometimes realizm as life is not always that serious. Lets end it there.

Sorry for the knee jerk reaction. I've misread your post and got the wrong message.

LOL! You said she is Japanese right? Not to stereotype, but while the younger Japanese population is more open these days they're still quite proud. I'm not too surprised that she would be having this debate... :lol:

....and the ones that lack decency believe it or not, avoid men of means (by men of means, I mean men that got their shit together).... As in, he's not the type of dude that's gonna put up with the bullshit that most (american/westernized) women are on - that most men let slide b/c simply.... she's a woman.....

I'm trying to condense my point here, but any woman that gravitates toward a dude that doesn't have his own foundation set (I'm talkin about for long term relationship purposes, not just for a 1 night stand or w/e), I don't respect.... I have overheard women say things like "I don't think I could get with him", "He doesn't look the type that would date me", or my personal favorite "He looks like he only dates white girls"....

Everything said after this may sound cold.... But most women want/yearn/make a serious push for the (as you put it) strong guys that stand their ground - When it's too late.

Generally, men in their 20's don't want women in their 40's..... shit, men in their 40's don't want women in their 40's.....

Young women don't realize the importance of setting up shop with that type of a guy - Instead, she's too caught up with wanting to be independent & controlling her own domain & "having fun"... It is only when she is (or feels) no longer beautiful and/or bogged down w/ a bunch of bastard children with no man in sight when she comes to the revelation of getting with a man of means being the wise/intelligent/beneficial thing to do.... Not just for her sake, but for the children's sake (if any) as well..... I say 40's, but the scary part for women is, that age is getting younger - I'd even venture to say women in their early to mid 30's start to feel like they're no longer higher up in the food chain (so to speak)......

What is utterly disgusting to me is this notion that I'm supposed to be today's woman's garbageman - Let them have their fun when they're young & wife them up once they're damaged goods....

What's disturbing is that a lot of men still try to be traditional, when women nowadays don't respect "traditional" unless/until there's a tangible need for something....

I'll stop here for now... It's friday & I wanna get the phuck outta here..... Lol

LOL... The "new" woman knows quite well about tradition but she says **** it and she's out living the life just like us guys. I think either they lose the looks or they actually meet a guy that hits on all cylinders :lol: and that's that.

LOL! You said she is Japanese right? Not to stereotype, but while the younger Japanese population is more open these days they're still quite proud. I'm not too surprised that she would be having this debate...

Yeah she's Japanese. She is quite open but what is happening is that when she was in NYC before we met she was raped. It understandably and obviously scarred her emotionally. It is what it is. She says that I am the only man she trusts making love to.

She actually had a bad nightmare over this last night waking up screaming and crying. It was so bad she had to take Klonopin to stop the anxiety attack. I had to bring her to my place she was feeling such unfounded fear from the anxiety attack. I never made love to her that night but she was down this morning, so it's all good. She's sleeping soundly right now in my home is and down to go ice skating with me tonight, then come home eat dinner and the have our private fun fooling around. Love between a man and woman is a powerful thing that can overcome almost anything. Contrary to what some experts may think.

That's exactly why I said that with the woman you love, it's hard work and self sacrifice. Particularly for married couples because of the state of this world being f*cked up as it is. Life is tough.

Oh yes. the #1 topic for everyone on this boards and the planet earth other than food. Sex *cough cough* love, then race and poliitcs. No wonder the human race is a strange breed lol.

Race & Politics are brought up much more than sex/relationships on this forum......

LOL... The "new" woman knows quite well about tradition but she says **** it and she's out living the life just like us guys. I think either they lose the looks or they actually meet a guy that hits on all cylinders :lol: and that's that.

Someone gets it.

In this push for what they deem "equality", Women think they can live life like men in the dating scene & it simply does not work.....

We can live life like bachelor's without a problem.... Living life like a bachelorette (which the word in itself I still think sounds stupid), these women are downright miserable & you can see it in their faces & their body language....

Men can generally wait until their 30's & 40's & get "that chick".... Women in that same age range are considered damaged goods by a lot of men.... Time is on our side - The older a man gets, the more money he makes (finances is a part of what we are judged by), so the more we are worth..... Women are judged by how physically beautiful they are - you do not naturally physically beautify with age, so the less they are worth - and they can't stand it....

Don't know about you, but the least of my worries is a "biological clock" ticking.... Lol !

Archived