Relationships

bentton316

Someone gets it.

In this push for what they deem "equality", Women think they can live life like men in the dating scene & it simply does not work.....

We can live life like bachelor's without a problem.... Living life like a bachelorette (which the word in itself I still think sounds stupid), these women are downright miserable & you can see it in their faces & their body language....

Men can generally wait until their 30's & 40's & get "that chick".... Women in that same age range are considered damaged goods by a lot of men.... Time is on our side - The older a man gets, the more money he makes (finances is a part of what we are judged by), so the more we are worth..... Women are judged by how physically beautiful they are - you do not naturally physically beautify with age, so the less they are worth - and they can't stand it....

Don't know about you, but the least of my worries is a "biological clock" ticking.... Lol !

It's been in the back of my mind, but at the same time I look at most of my friends, many of whom are older than me and most of them are still single. One just had a kid and he turned 35 this year. Another guy my age had a kid when we were buddies in college and my high school buddies are all single with the exception of a few of them and I know one of them for sure is still living the play boy life, moving around every so easy. :lol: Funny thing is most of my friends come to me for advice or nice restaurants to take their dates or girlfriends on. :lol:

If I were to have kids I'd want no more than two, preferably at least one boy and maybe a girl, but I'd also be just fine without any, so I guess time will tell what I decide to do. Quite frankly I've done most of what I've wanted to do in life already and have had a ball in my 20s so I could die today a happy man. My focus right now is basically getting myself together to buy my own place and once I do that the rest is all gravy.

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's been in the back of my mind, but at the same time I look at most of my friends, many of whom are older than me and most of them are still single. One just had a kid and he turned 35 this year. Another guy my age had a kid when we were buddies in college and my high school buddies are all single with the exception of a few of them and I know one of them for sure is still living the play boy life, moving around every so easy. :lol: Funny thing is most of my friends come to me for advice or nice restaurants to take their dates or girlfriends on. :lol:

If I were to have kids I'd want no more than two, preferably at least one boy and maybe a girl, but I'd also be just fine without any, so I guess time will tell what I decide to do. Quite frankly I've done most of what I've wanted to do in life already and have had a ball in my 20s so I could die today a happy man. My focus right now is basically getting myself together to buy my own place and once I do that the rest is all gravy.

Obviously I don't know your friends, but I'm almost willing to bet that's not by accident (that they're single)....

As far as kids, don't want em.... Wouldn't want to bring a child in this f***ed up society & would feel somewhat selfish for doing so.... I don't worry about decrepitating w/o someone taking care of me as I wither away.... I wouldn't wanna put that grief on someone I partly created anyway, and on the flipside of that, I couldn't imagine how irate I would get if I had to bury my own child..... When I had to sit there & watch my father whimper the words "I don't want to die" (especially knowing the way my father was), the shit made me angry..... Made me say to myself, this is something I would never want to put on somebody.... There's a few other reasons why I don't want a child that aren't near as deep, which I won't bring up right now.......

On a lighter note, funny you brought that up (about the playboy life).... I find that dudes that spend their lives doing all that "playing", are just as miserable as women when they get old because they (those men) spent so much time pumping & dumping chicks, that they haven't found "that chick" (regardless of how much money they've earned in life)..... They start to feel just as worthless as those chicks were to them when they were tossing them to the curb in their hey day.... This is why I don't wanna hear any sob story out of any man that comes up to me with war stories about dying alone..... It's not just women I'm unempathetic towards....

Friends/acquaintances don't really come up to me like that asking for advice... probably because they know I'm not gonna pander to them (one trait I got from my mother)..... I actually find it difficult to pander to people..... Not interested in telling anyone what they want to hear....

Case in point, this was 2 weeks ago when we went out to CT:... you can figure out who's who....

- ((kiss teeth)) "oh, Ex-cuse you, this dress is not ugly, this is my best dress & I know I look gooood in it" ((does this slow strut afterwards))

(there's this voice that she does that sounds absolutely sexy to me; can't really describe it in text)

- "mm hmm, from the back....:"

- ((*blank stare))*... Oh, whatever... that's all you think about anyway.....

(then she said some shit in spanish as she stormed across the hallway)

- "Then what the f*** did you ask me what I thought about the dress for if you goin wear it anyway"

(bickering pretty much went on for most of the drive.... fact that I ran out of gas & had to stop to the gas station didn't help any)

Never be afraid to be yourself to these chicks....

Obviously I don't know your friends, but I'm almost willing to bet that's not by accident (that they're single)....

As far as kids, don't want em.... Wouldn't want to bring a child in this f***ed up society & would feel somewhat selfish for doing so.... I don't worry about decrepitating w/o someone taking care of me as I wither away.... I wouldn't wanna put that grief on someone I partly created anyway, and on the flipside of that, I couldn't imagine how irate I would get if I had to bury my own child..... When I had to sit there & watch my father whimper the words "I don't want to die" (especially knowing the way my father was), the shit made me angry..... Made me say to myself, this is something I would never want to put on somebody.... There's a few other reasons why I don't want a child that aren't near as deep, which I won't bring up right now.......

On a lighter note, funny you brought that up (about the playboy life).... I find that dudes that spend their lives doing all that "playing", are just as miserable as women when they get old because they (those men) spent so much time pumping & dumping chicks, that they haven't found "that chick" (regardless of how much money they've earned in life)..... They start to feel just as worthless as those chicks were to them when they were tossing them to the curb in their hey day.... This is why I don't wanna hear any sob story out of any man that comes up to me with war stories about dying alone..... It's not just women I'm unempathetic towards....

Friends/acquaintances don't really come up to me like that asking for advice... probably because they know I'm not gonna pander to them (one trait I got from my mother)..... I actually find it difficult to pander to people..... Not interested in telling anyone what they want to hear....

Case in point, this was 2 weeks ago when we went out to CT:... you can figure out who's who....

- ((kiss teeth)) "oh, Ex-cuse you, this dress is not ugly, this is my best dress & I know I look gooood in it" ((does this slow strut afterwards))

(there's this voice that she does that sounds absolutely sexy to me; can't really describe it in text)

- "mm hmm, from the back....:"

- ((*blank stare))*... Oh, whatever... that's all you think about anyway.....

(then she said some shit in spanish as she stormed across the hallway)

- "Then what the f*** did you ask me what I thought about the dress for if you goin wear it anyway"

(bickering pretty much went on for most of the drive.... fact that I ran out of gas & had to stop to the gas station didn't help any)

Never be afraid to be yourself to these chicks....

LOL... I tell you the one thing you don't have to deal with when you're single is the drama... Oh and the long ass events involving "shopping". My mom used to drive me nuts with that sh*t. She'd go into a store for an hour and come out with nothing. I would of course wait outside bored out of my mind and then I'd start getting cranky and mention that we should have lunch. <_< If I ever have a wife, the one thing I would not do is go shopping with her. Chicks can't make up their damn mind about what they want. I saw a chick in Whole Foods this evening just standing in the friggin aisle day dreaming, scratching her head. Before I realized it said out loud what in the hell is this chick doing? She looked up in the nick of time because I was about to bang right into her with my cart for being oblivious and blocking the damn way.

Aint nothin that wrong w/ a Jewish chick for you to emphasize/parenthesize it; get it in where you wanna fit in !

I emphasize that because although it's sorta common in my school, not sure if my parents/her parents will accept it -after all, just because it's common doesn't mean that it's widely accepted. Wanna go for it, but it's that and a variety of other factors already explained that keeps me back.

I hate using this term, but "color-struck" dudes gas these yellowbone/redbone/lightskinned chicks' heads up - that's why they act like that.... As if chicks need any more of an ego boost (which believe it or not, they get, when guys simply try to talk to them)..... A woman rejecting you is an ego boost to her because it puts it in the back of her mind that guys (plural) still want her "like that"..... I'll be completely honest, I was off on that lightskin for the win BS when I was younger too (although I wasn't the type to swell these chicks heads; I seldom give people compliments period)..... Now I see women for women and not this notion that lightskinned women > darkskinned women....

and besides.... let's face it, there are some butt-ugly lightskin chicks out here.... I'd even say there's an increasing number of them....

Just being yellow aint goin get you by in the dating scene anymore; gotta bring more to the table....

Don't give a damn if a girl is "light-skinned" or not - all I care if she has the brains and personality to accompany her looks. If she's stuck up (or dumb as hell), sorry, but she can forget about it - because I can't stand chicks like that - I really can't. That's true about there being ugly "light-skinned" chicks - again, just because you're "light-skinned" doesn't mean you're a goddess.

I've always said/felt that the best way to deal w/ a stuck-up chick is to ignore her.... Snap her back to reality... Make her realize that she is not god's gift to ALL men - by you (a man) not even saying a word to her..... All minus one does not equal all (see how that works).... The shit drives them absolutely nuts (and makes make-up companies that much richer !)... LMAO....

Exactly - give her the cold shoulder, or just don't really acknowledge her - just every once in a while. Might as well do our bit to improve the economy, one makeup set at a time!

Word, Int'... I advocate for any man to not settle with filth, even if it takes years to find that diamond in the rough.... Way too many batshit crazy chicks out here, and we have to realize that we (men) are worth more than having filth on our arms representing/reflecting us.... I say reflecting because who you date is a direct reflection of the type of person you are & what "moral fiber" (or lack thereof) you're made up on..... I will say it is a scary thought to come to that realization that you may never find that diamond, but what are you gonna do.....

Never let anyone shame you for who you deserve (not want, but deserve) to be with.

Thanks for the shout-out/acknowledgement, lol! :D But yeah, wayyy to many crazy chicks, and not enough sane ones. I agree with you on your statement that who you date us reflective on your personality - it just is, IMO. Because if you do go out with a girl, you have to be really careful on who you decide to share your time with, and not just to choose one randomly or "because of..." since usually, the guy will end up f--ked up.

LOL. "You better change your mind about that B7 to Canarsie or we're through". :P

That's actually a good point, though. Before, I was thinking that it would be preferable to have a woman who likes the same things as you, but I guess it would get weird if the interests were that similar. Aside from that, I already have somebody else I can casually talk to about transit (my little brother), so I guess that "void" is already filled. He's not as into it as me, but he does know about different ridership patterns and things like that, and when I explain ideas/proposals, he sees what I'm saying.

Exactly, I'm in the same mindset - although I wouldn't mind having a girl that has some of the same interests as i do, what I don't want is an exact colone, copy of me in a female version - that'll be just be freakin' weird, and kinda of creepy. :wacko: I do the same thing with my little brother too, mostly with trains (we're not really into buses much). We'll go railfanning, take some pics here and there, explore some stations, but in the end, he's not as into it as I am (although, compared to some people on here, I'm kinda of tame).

That's one of the reasons why I'm kinda hesitant to ask this girl out - I don't want to be bogged down, and I sorta want some ability to spread my wings around. Don't want to be a playboy, but I don't want to be bogged down either. What happens to you with your friends (on advice, foodie places), happens to me as well, albeit on a high school level.

In regards to kids, I made up my mind that I don't want any - partly b/c on how B35 articulates it, but also because of certain stuff that I have going on health wise (won't go into detail on it here).

LOL... I tell you the one thing you don't have to deal with when you're single is the drama... Oh and the long ass events involving "shopping". My mom used to drive me nuts with that sh*t. She'd go into a store for an hour and come out with nothing. I would of course wait outside bored out of my mind and then I'd start getting cranky and mention that we should have lunch. <_< If I ever have a wife, the one thing I would not do is go shopping with her. Chicks can't make up their damn mind about what they want. I saw a chick in Whole Foods this evening just standing in the friggin aisle day dreaming, scratching her head. Before I realized it said out loud what in the hell is this chick doing? She looked up in the nick of time because I was about to bang right into her with my cart for being oblivious and blocking the damn way.

I really just have to spend a day with you and get to know you, while jotting down notes, and make you the centerpiece of my senior thesis for High School next year... :lol:

But seriously, yeah, like I mentioned before - I can be decisive when I want to, and these (shopping) moments are one of those moments!

I really just have to spend a day with you and get to know you, while jotting down notes, and make you the centerpiece of my senior thesis for High School next year... :lol:

But seriously, yeah, like I mentioned before - I can be decisive when I want to, and these (shopping) moments are one of those moments!

HA! :lol:

And I thought I was just bitching about petty bullshit. It as if their whole life revolves around this principle. I dare not go into further detail.. :lol:

I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure banging into a chick with a shopping cart = asking to sleep with her

Pretty sure.

I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure banging into a chick with a shopping cart = asking to sleep with her

Pretty sure.

Speaking of which, I have a close enough experience. I had this 20 something year old chick play stupid with me one night a few months ago at my local Fresh & Easy (look it up). She acted ignorant throughout the entire self-checkout process , so I quickly ring her items. At the end of her transaction she invites me to her house her coffee...

To tell you the truth, to this day I wonder how that one night stand would have turned out, but honestly (not to feel full of myself) I feel have have more potential than that.

To sum it up, a grocery store is not the ideal place to pick up women.

Speaking of which, I have a close enough experience. I had this 20 something year old chick play stupid with me one night a few months ago at my local Fresh & Easy (look it up). She acted ignorant throughout the entire self-checkout process , so I quickly ring her items. At the end of her transaction she invites me to her house her coffee...

To tell you the truth, to this day I wonder how that one night stand would have turned out, but honestly (not to feel full of myself) I feel have have more potential than that.

LMAO... Fresh & Easy... :lol:

LMAO... Fresh & Easy... :lol:

It seems like that girl was "Fresh and Easy" lol :lol:

I hate using this term, but "color-struck" dudes gas these yellowbone/redbone/lightskinned chicks' heads up - that's why they act like that.... As if chicks need any more of an ego boost (which believe it or not, they get, when guys simply try to talk to them)..... A woman rejecting you is an ego boost to her because it puts it in the back of her mind that guys (plural) still want her "like that"..... I'll be completely honest, I was off on that lightskin for the win BS when I was younger too (although I wasn't the type to swell these chicks heads; I seldom give people compliments period)..... Now I see women for women and not this notion that lightskinned women > darkskinned women....

Reading between the lines I see exactly what you are saying. I personally like Asian chicks. What you are saying? Is that a crime?!!!

Think out of the damn box!! All girls from around the world are absolutely beautiful. Are we breaking any laws here feeling the way we do with women from all over the world?

Sorry I do NOT agree with that statement! Argue and rant all you want, it doesnt change the reality of things. Men should damn well date who they desire, so live with it!

What's the fixation people have on relationships? Is that really the upper echelon of life? There is nothing else we can do to further ourselves? Some of the best times of my life I had by myself, i'm not much of a people-person.

Some men do prefer to be single by choice (not by force), which is cool. So I understand what you are saying. But generally speaking as to the fixation you see men having on relationships, it comes out of a very strong human need for a love of a good woman. For better or worse I'm one of them.

Reading between the lines I see exactly what you are saying. I personally like Asian chicks. What you are saying? Is that a crime?!!!

Think out of the damn box!! All girls from around the world are absolutely beautiful. Are we breaking any laws here feeling the way we do with women from all over the world?

Sorry I do NOT agree with that statement! Argue and rant all you want, it doesnt change the reality of things. Men should damn well date who they desire, so live with it!

He's just saying that society puts women with lighter shades on a pedestal and it's true. In other words if they have a certain kind of hair and complexion they're not see as beautiful. I personally prefer women of Latin origin (Hispanic, Italian, Brazilian, etc.) I like 'em with long black hair and brown eyes and olive or tan like myself. Probably because they're mixed and I'm mixed and that's what I'm attracted to. We all have our preferences basically, but my mom always knew that if I were to bring a chick home they would more than likely be Latina.

^^ That much I can definitely agree with. But things are changing slowly but surely. Perfect example would be our first lady Michelle Obama, who shattered all the glass ceilings as the black woman taking the lead (along with her husband) leading a nation. She's smart, a beautiful older woman, and always dressed with style settingall sorts of trends and being a role model for the younger people out there with a dream.

There's more I would like to say on that perspective of B35 but I'll stop here and leave what was said at that. It's OK to agree to disagree. And the fact I've learned not to waste my time debating with people anymore, not you VG8, just saying with some in general.

For the haters: Wake up and smell the roses. It ain't that serious. Pull up the bootstraps and enjoy life! Accept the challenges! Men from all walks of life (regardless of their "color" as someone else put it) need to widen out and date all kinds of woman with confidence.

Nuff said! B-)

^^ That much I can definitely agree with. But things are changing slowly but surely. Perfect example would be our first lady Michelle Obama, who shattered all the glass ceilings as the black woman taking the lead (along with her husband) leading a nation. She's smart, a beautiful older woman, and always dressed with style settingall sorts of trends and being a role model for the younger people out there with a dream.

There's more I would like to say on that perspective of B35 but I'll stop here and leave what was said at that. It's OK to agree to disagree. And the fact I've learned not to waste my time debating with people anymore, not you VG8, just saying with some in general.

For the haters: Wake up and smell the roses. It ain't that serious. Pull up the bootstraps and enjoy life! Accept the challenges! Men from all walks of life (regardless of their "color" as someone else put it) need to widen out and date all kinds of woman with confidence.

Nuff said! B-)

lol... Well Michelle or no Michelle we are still color struck overall as a society and I'm not sure that'll change anytime soon. I'm not going to lie there are some women I just don't care for. Just don't do anything for me and I don't have a problem saying it. Just personal preferences. I like 'em mixed... :lol: Don't really care for white chicks, black chicks or Asian chicks.

^^ I agree on your point on personal preferences. I see nothing wrong with a dude having a taste for a particular type of woman that meets his preference. Or to go out dating all sorts of women from different parts of the world (all women are beautiful, it's hard sometimes when faced with a choice lol) . It's all good. I think that's the way it should be.

....Going off off on a silly ass rant that had nothing to do with the point I was making....

Men dating who they want to date didn't have a god damn thing to do with that particular statement.....

The f*** are you talking about with this.... Asian chicks are not redbone or yellowbone, stop reading too deep into shit.

The f*** are you talking about with this.... Asian chicks are not redbone or yellowbone, stop reading too deep into shit.

Many non-Asians refer to Asians as yellow. And then you are talking about color-struck dudes. Well I'm a color-struck dude and NOT ashamed with it in the least. Hence the response to your post before VG8 clarified what you meant by' yellowbone'. Have a nice day.

Many non-Asians refer to Asians as yellow. And then you are talking about color-struck dudes. Well I'm a color-struck dude and NOT ashamed with it in the least. Hence the response to your post before VG8 clarified what you meant by' yellowbone'. Have a nice day.

I don't care what many non-asians do - I wasn't talking about Asians....

I said yellowbone, not yellow.... Learn how to read..... A yellowbone chick is a lightskinned black chick....

Your assumption was flat out wrong, catching feelings & shit.....

You're color-struck, well good for you..... Do whatever it is you do.....

I don't care what many non-asians do - I wasn't talking about Asians....

I said yellowbone, not yellow.... Learn how to read..... A yellowbone chick is a lightskinned black chick....

Your assumption was flat out wrong, catching feelings & shit.....

You're color-struck, well good for you..... Do whatever it is you do.....

No I read your post correctly. "Yellowbones" can be referred to Afro-Asian women. Plus that word is derogatory towards bi-racial people. Don't twist my words!

No I read your post correctly. "Yellowbones" can be referred to Afro-Asian women. Plus that word is derogatory towards bi-racial people. Don't twist my words!

You're not making sense right now... It's like you're arguing for the sake of arguing....

How the hell am I twisting your words by telling you what I said.....

My statement was: "I hate using this term, but "color-struck" dudes gas these yellowbone/redbone/lightskinned chicks' heads up - that's why they act like that...."

You said: "Reading between the lines I see exactly what you are saying. I personally like Asian chicks. What you are saying? Is that a crime?!!!"

You aiso said: "Many non-Asians refer to Asians as yellow"

Now you're saying: "Yellowbones" can be referred to Afro-Asian women"

Like I said, I wasn't talking about Asians in any form dude.... and here you are contiuing to inject Asians into the conversation just to continue this argument, talking about afro-asians.... Get over it... Your original assumption was wrong.... You saw the word "yellow" in that post of mine, and you got offended, thinking I was talking about Asians....

My statement was: "I hate using this term, but "color-struck" dudes gas these yellowbone/redbone/lightskinned chicks' heads up - that's why they act like that...."

So it's wrong for a color struck dude to like yellowbone, redbone, lightskinned chicks? Is that what you are implying?

BTW: For the record, use the term yellowbone right. Yellowbone refers to light skinned black women who are part white part Indian OR part Asian.

Archived