Music

Guest Charles

I like all types my favorites 60,70, Early 80's,90's and today. I like R&B, pop, and some hip hop. I love Disco music. I like donna Summer, Barry white, Earth wind and fire, Bee Gees, beatles, Red hot chilly peppers, Pink , No doubt, R Kelly, TLC, Destonys child (wish they still were together). Doughtry, Trina, Luther Vandross.

Destiny's Child is a rip-off lol of En Vogue, the Go-Go's and Diana Ross/The Supremes lol. However Beyonence is a beauty.:cool:

since were all on the topic of music here, and i listen to a whole bunch of music. if ya'll could just see my ipod lol but anyways, do any of ya'll listen to charles hamilton? cause i heard this song that he's on, with like 2 other dudes and i dont know the real name of the song. i'm tryin' to download it from limewire. help a dude out! lol

<6>

here's the link to the song:

http://www.imeem.com/people/HXmgp/music/XX0tKh1i/charles-hamilton-how-you-ever-been-in-love/

Well,I listen to all kind of music except for Country music and heavy Metal.I like Rock better that RAP...I don't really have a favorite group or artist,but there some songs don't have any directions,meaning or it's stupid.I will like the songs if I'm into it.

example one...this is the worst videos I've seen and the song is stupid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpocrqvP2Yg

example two....my presdent is black...I guess this song have some meaning,but the concept is stupid.

here some songs I like and have good meaning....this song right here is one of the best and video is awsome,I really like this group.!some people try to banned the video in United Kingdom,but it failed...it cause a lot of Controversy.you will see why,if you watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1agzp_PM-Z4

a another one I like it's by TI.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yFehbloOgc

Music I like are alternative, some R&B, hip-hop and Rap (depending on the artist). But I love Kelly Clarkson, Daughtry, Christina Aguilera, Avril Lavigne, Gwen Stafani, No Doubt, Destiny's Child, the late Aaliyah, Madonna, Bon Jovi and several I can't think of now. I used to listen to Aerosmith, R.E.M, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Salt-N-Peppa, Biz Markie, Big Daddy Kane, Boyz II Men, Al B. Sure, New Edition, Rob Base, the late Barry White, Johnny Gill!

Speaking of Country music this question. Why is there no full time major country station in NYC? I admit i not the biggest fan of that genre but sometimes you get tired hearing the same songs every day on NYC radio.

Here in Hudson Valley there '2' country stations.

Plus Country is now the 2nd most popular radio format in America behind only Adult Competaory radio(aka Adult top 40)

Speaking of Country music this question. Why is there no full time major country station in NYC? I admit i not the biggest fan of that genre but sometimes you get tired hearing the same songs every day on NYC radio.

Here in Hudson Valley there '2' country stations.

Plus Country is now the 2nd most popular radio format in America behind only Adult Competaory radio(aka Adult top 40)

Yeah that always amazed me. I grew up here and when I was younger I'd ask people what kind of music they listened to as an icebreaker and the response was always "everything but country and classical"... I never had any problem with country though, personally I think the stories are cool, it's blue collar attitudes in it, and it almost sounds like alternative rock today...

after going away to school i think other people started realizing that too and less hate it now, but there's still no country radio station...not that i listen to the radio or anything, bu if i'm driving somewhere you never know, it's just another option....b/c right now the only stations i really ever listen to are K-Rock, PLJ, Hot 97, Q104.3, and KTU

Yeah that always amazed me. I grew up here and when I was younger I'd ask people what kind of music they listened to as an icebreaker and the response was always "everything but country and classical"... I never had any problem with country though, personally I think the stories are cool, it's blue collar attitudes in it, and it almost sounds like alternative rock today...

after going away to school i think other people started realizing that too and less hate it now, but there's still no country radio station...not that i listen to the radio or anything, bu if i'm driving somewhere you never know, it's just another option....b/c right now the only stations i really ever listen to are K-Rock, PLJ, Hot 97, Q104.3, and KTU

OMG...I used to listen to KTU when I was a junior or senior in HS...it was around the time they 1st came out...that station was joint back then. I stopped listening to Hot97 when Star and Buck Wild disrespected Aaliyah the weekend she passed away by playing a plane crashing and thought it was a joke. Hot97 suspended one of them w/o pay and he got to return to radio a week later!

OMG...I used to listen to KTU when I was a junior or senior in HS...it was around the time they 1st came out...that station was joint back then. I stopped listening to Hot97 when Star and Buck Wild disrespected Aaliyah the weekend she passed away by playing a plane crashing and thought it was a joke. Hot97 suspended one of them w/o pay and he got to return to radio a week later!

Hey Don Imus got his job (only a slight pay cut)after saying a sexist statement w/ racial overtones about the Rutgers basketball team couple of years back. That the negative side of commerical radio in 2009. As long as you get 'listeners' being nice and civil is damned in most cases. I am seriously considering finally getting a Salelite radio package for my car by summer.

While i love rock music, does NYC really need '3' full time rock stations on commerical radio? Ditto for Hip/Hip & Rap? I dont think so.

Getting back to country i like some older stuff such as Kenny Rogers, Garth Brooks and a few others. My Dad from Texas oringally is a huge country fan but mostly oldies from Hank Williams Sr. to Glen Campbell to Charlie Pride & even Ray Charles(yes the same guy who called the father of modern R&B lol)

Country is so hot right now that 2004 American Idol winner Carrie Underwood is huge star in that genre. Secondly former Hootie and the Blowfish lead singer Darrus Rucker had a recent #1 smash on the country charts too. Rucker made recent history also as the first solo Black Male since Charlie Pride in the 1970's to have a #1 Country hit. Also Nicole Kidman's(Tom Cruise's ex)husband Keith Urban is an Aussie, so country is becoming 'international' too and Mr. Urban had a smash country album as well.

So Country music is getting diverse and no longer just 'good ole boys' from the south. What would be great for a country radio station in NYC IMO, would be a hybird station similar to a station up here in Poughkeepsie/Kingston NY area called the "The Wolf'.

The Wolf plays current country hits plus 'mixes in some' classic rock & pop songs with country influence. IE Glen Frey & The Eagles, such as "new kid in town' recent Bruce Springstein songs over last 10 years, most Hottie and the Blowfish songs, Lionel Ritchie & Commdores "Sail ON' Los Lobos, Los lonely boys, Tom Petty, Shawn Twain, etc.

IMO that type of 'country' hybird can work in NYC. Too bad the radio exces are 'too scared' to try it.:mad: And i's a disgrace IMO that one of the world most famous and biggest cities in NYC does not have a full time country, jazz or gospel/Christian music station on commerical radio.

the 'modern' WKTU-FM came out in 1995. There was also an 'oringal' disco era 92.3 "KTU-FM' from about 1976-85 (different owners)on the channel that now the home of 'K-Rock' in NYC.

I think I remember that....that's was all over the news.How did they disrespected her?

O yea,I don't listen to radio station since I got my XM in my room for that.

I think I remember that....that's was all over the news.How did they disrespected her?

O yea,I don't listen to radio station since I got my XM in my room for that.

They played a plane crashing while playing an Alliah song in the background. Last time i heard Star and Buckwild are working in Hartford Ct.

Ah ok....I didn't know that. I still don't care to much for them either!

Me either. When i am in my car going to work i usually listen to either WCBS-AM 880 for news(i dont get 1010 WINS up here clearly except late at night here in Poughkeepsie area)WFAN or local show "Koop and Tobin" on the local rock station up here WPDH-FM 101.5 fm.

In daytime the only major NYC FM stations i get clearly in my car are WCBS-FM 101, Kiss Fm and KTU 103.5fm.

Me either. When i am in my car going to work i usually listen to either WCBS-AM 880 for news(i dont get 1010 WINS up here clearly except late at night here in Poughkeepsie area)WFAN or local show "Koop and Tobin" on the local rock station up here WPDH-FM 101.5 fm.

In daytime the only major NYC FM stations i get clearly in my car are WCBS-FM 101, Kiss Fm and KTU 103.5fm.

The only station I listen to is 102.7FM!

• 5 months later...

Pure rock is my fav.....I can also listen to some pop, reggae as well....dance hall, Reggaton.....I have the new Seal Paul on now.....Evening Ride.....I think that is a good song off of his new CD.......

AC/DC,Ozzy,Megadeth,Judas Priest,Quite Riot,Motley Crue,Metallica,Scorpions,Led Zep,Rage Against the Machine,Van Halen,Seether,Stone Temple Pilots,Guns n

roses,Korn,Rob Zombie,Red Hot Chili Peppers,Limp Bizkit,Godsmack.......and some others....

Archived