Can 6 (or less) 75 Foot Cars run on the BMT Eastern Division In Service?

Maserati7200

Did you see how old was that pic?

Show me what has changed from Court Street On the (R)(M) to Mertopolitan Ave. on the (M) since the 70's, nothing has. As an operational rule 75' cars do not run on the Eastern Division, they can how ever run there. There are clearence issues with two 75' car trains passing each other.

IIRC, the precise locations which 75 foot cars cannot pass is Crescent. Two 75 foot trains cannot pass each other on the approach to the williamsburg bridge.

There is also a place on the L with a problem, but I forget where that is. I think it is between Montrose and Morgan, but don't fully recall.

Can't do what? They can go to Metropolitan Ave on the (M) and to B'way Junction on the (J).

Art is saying that they can't pass each other on the Willy B as they would knock each other off. If they can't pass at all they can't do it precisely. Not saying that they can't run the line on their own though.

Well, can if they still run by each other on the Local Tracks, ;)!

Well, they could if they run by each other on the Loacl Track... The 75-footers can't reach or even cover the Express tracks like that...

On the Willy B there are only two tracks, side by side.

2 75' car trains can't pass each other from Essex St. to Marcy Ave. because the curves coming on and off the bridge are too tight. They car go over the bridge as long as another train is not coming the other way. This is why they don't use 75' cars on the (M). Other then that, they can run to Metropolitan Ave on the (M) and Bway Junction on the (J)(Z).

How could the 75 footers not fit? It is absurd?!?

2 75' car trains can't pass each other from Essex St. to Marcy Ave. because the curves coming on and off the bridge are too tight. They can go over the bridge as long as another train is not coming the other way. This is why they don't use 75' cars on the (M). Other than that, they can run to Metropolitan Ave on the (M) and Bway Junction on the (J)(Z).

That's what I was trying to say. Thank you, matted33.

75 ft cars may be troublesome for some lines, but does very well in most. Look at the A, D, F, G, N(formerly), Q, and R lines. They had no unloading problems. Rather, people actually enjoyed having more seats.

u forgot some other lines:

(;)(E)* (V)(W)*

(S) Franklin Avenue Shuttle

(S) Rockaway Park Shuttle, lol.

This is obviously confusing some more than it ever should so here is a simple picture I drew in under a minute that shows what happens when two 75 footers take a sharp curve in opposite directions at the same time on parallel tracks:

2yuf0y8.jpg

Individually, each car can make the turn by itself if there is nothing there. When there is a train there, big problems. Got it? Good.

This is obviously confusing some more than it ever should so here is a simple picture I drew in under a minute that shows what happens when two 75 footers take a sharp curve in opposite directions at the same time on parallel tracks:

2yuf0y8.jpg

Individually, each car can make the turn by itself if there is nothing there. When there is a train there, big problems. Got it? Good.

God bless you lol!

Archived