Subway service during school session

Eastman346

Yes it does because school kids tend to Hold the doors for a long period of time and Pull the Emerancy Brake for fun. Also I had seen times the kids hang out on the platfrom waiting for there friends but then comes the Police they will tell the C/R to hold the train and make sure all the kids on the platfrom get on the train which cases up to a 2 Minutes delay in service. So when school out the delays start.

Doesn't subway service take a serious dive when school is in session. Ever since school started it really has slowed down alot.

He's right. Even without the emergency brakes or the holding of doors the subway does run a lot slower than during school session. In my high school days there were kids that tripped the EBs all the time. That kind of stuff doesn't happen anymore. Not on my daily commute to work at least.

I would think it would slow down a bit, and that emergency brake thing just isn't fun at all, I'm sure the whole crowd would be glaring at whoever did that. And what's the point of having the CR hold the doors open longer, they can get on the next train when their friends arrive, the city shouldn't have to wait for them.

I agree but TA workers can't argue with a Police Officers. All we can do is get the thier badge Number and tell Control they are holding our train. The responce from Control is normally "Ok C/R let us know when your wheels are turning". They will tell the local supervision to watch thier service and reroute or Hold back if need be.

It is true that EB's being pulled have been reduced but its still a problem on the C/D/J Lines. The problem Areas C Line in Bklyn Especially bet Euclid and Bwy Jct , D line along the West End Line. The J Line between 111 St and Mytle.

Archived