Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Lefferts Blvd X

Questions: C Train

Ok as we all know the (C) has been running the R32-38 series for over the last decade (or two). The recent R40/M-42 experiment pretty much failed because of the alignment of the trains entering the station and the disaproval of riders. So I came up with these questions and want to see what everyone thinks:

What's gonna happen after the R32-38 retires?

What train set is gonna be used on the (C)?

Is it possible that the (C) could recieve R160's?

Or is the (C) gonna be extended to 10 cars to use older sets???

What do you think?

they were originally going to expand from 8 car service to 10 car service, but because of budgeting, that is highly unlikely in the immediate future. as for the stock used, i wouldn't be suprised if they started running 6 car R46's on the line to make up for the retired 60 foot cars. since all the R160's are going to jamaica to displace the R46...

but in the end, the (C) will probably get option 3 R160 cars, if the MTA goes through with that order.

Why does the (C) have only 8 cars again? I was never quite clear on that.

It supplements the (A) where the (E) doesn't run in manhattan. Allows the (A) to remain express to where it does. No (C) train = REALLY long ride on the (A).

- A

Why does the (C) have only 8 cars again? I was never quite clear on that.

The (C) doesnt get much commuters compared the (A) Express. Plus it shares the rest of the cars to the (A).

I doubt the (C) would get R160 dunno, maybe it would benifit from the R46s off the (F) when it goes R160 completely. We just dunno

It supplements the (A) where the (E) doesn't run in manhattan. Allows the (A) to remain express to where it does. No (C) train = REALLY long ride on the (A).

- A

Yeah they really need to get the (C) running on weekends again. ;) its getting really bothersome that it hasn't run on a weekend in what feels like a few months.

Yeah they really need to get the (C) running on weekends again. ;) its getting really bothersome that it hasn't run on a weekend in what feels like a few months.

I didn't know it ever ran nights & weekends aside from when the (E) is out of action.

- A

I didn't know it ever ran nights & weekends aside from when the (E) is out of action.

- A

As long as I've been alive and able to look back and remember, I can't ever remember the (C) running at nights. I could be wrong though. But I do slightly remember the (C) not being available at all on weekends as a regular service thing. But I'm not sure if my memory is that great. I mean I had to double check that the redbirds were on the (C) line at one point.

that would be so weird to see R68s on the (C) line. Its been R38s and R32s for so long. I'm still getting use to those R160s on the (E) line. Would be neat if we could have like new set of cars designed to look like R32s but run like R160s/R142s.

If the C were to get R46's, they would be 8 car trains, not 6. The R46 being coupled into 4 car sets makes it impossible without modding/recoupling a large number of the fleet.

Most R46's are ABBA-ABBA, with the exception of I think one set I've seen running as a V and a F is coupled AB-AA-ABBA. The "-" means that they are non perma-coupled.

There are quite a few AA (13 sets, #'s 6208-6258) sets that are scattered across the R, F and G.

Also the C would definitely NOT be getting any R160's for a long time. Any new cars are going to go on the major lines first. That seems to be the trend that they have going now and I doubt they will change that.

Well I suppose that they will use R46s and R68a's displaced from the Jamaica and Coney Island Yards due to an influx of R160s. However I would like to point these out:

-The third order has not been in placed yet

-There is no talk YET about 207th or Pitkin getting R160s

Ok as we all know the (C) has been running the R32-38 series for over the last decade (or two). The recent R40/M-42 experiment pretty much failed because of the alignment of the trains entering the station and the disaproval of riders. So I came up with these questions and want to see what everyone thinks:

What's gonna happen after the R32-38 retires?

What train set is gonna be used on the (C)?

Is it possible that the (C) could recieve R160's?

Or is the (C) gonna be extended to 10 cars to use older sets???

What do you think?

The R32 is probably going to be the last car to retire. They will spend their last days on the (C). After that, the (C) will run either R44s, R46s or R68s and be 600' long. The (C) is not getting R160s.

I believe the (C) may get R-46's or R-68's... But, I just feel that the R-46's is vital for Queens Blvd. Lines... What about the (R), (V) and (G)? R-68's? Can't be!

Um, the R46s that *MIGHT* come from Jamaica would only come if the (F) becomes all R160 (gets a second option order of R160s), meaning the (G), (R) and (V) remain undisturbed.

Me too for my R-46's in Jamaica don't get hurt on the (C)...

Oh, so they're your R46s now? And cars don't get hurt.

the (G) is supposed to be transferred to Coney Island in the near future. when that happens, it will start using R68/68As. the third option order of the R160 is not meant to replace the R32s-R42s. it is not known what its purpose it.