Questions: C Train

Lefferts Blvd X

I hope the (C) gets R-160 and the (A) gets dominated by R-44... I do not want to see any R-46's and R-68's on the (A) and (C)!!!

Maybe if they couldn't get the switch to be fixed @t Rockaway may be:

R-160 dominate (C).

R-44 dominate (A) to Rockway Park and Far Rockaway.

R-160 dominate (A) to Leffert - Ozone Park.

R44 domination on the A? There already is. However, in like 3 years those cars will get thrown out as well. And I doubt the C will use R160's. The optional orders will probably go to Jamaica or Coney Island.

Well, okay... Hope the R-46's will stay cool on the (C) since the (C) and (E) are BTF's anyway...

Well, cars' feelings will get hurt...

How could train's feelings get hurt when they are not even living??? :eek:

The R46s are definitely going to the C after the R32s are gone, but I'm not sure if they are going to the A actually. With R160 option 2 coming, there is a small posibility that the A might get some R160As to fill the spot of the R32/R38.

I can't remember the last non-holiday weekend when the C ran normally.

I can remeber, It was back in December when they called a Plan #4 for the weekend. That was the first and last time I did ©308 as ©308, not working the (A) from EUC to ether Far Rock or Rock Park or Station Switching some were on line. This Saturday they have my working in 207st Yard. And for the next 5 weekend there will also be no (C) do to Split (A) service from 207 to Jay St and Utica Ave to ether place. Buses in the middle.

Why does the Subway Map not show (A) Service for the stops between 125 & 59th St/ Columbus Circle when it is obviously making stops there late nights & sounds like weekends? Also what is the signage on the Euclid Shuttle to Lefferts look like? Does it have (A) train signage or something else? I remember a time when the (C) ran to Rockaway Park. I took it all the way out there and then took the Q35 Bus over the Gil Hodges Memorial Marine Bridge to Flatbush/ Nostrand and then took the (2) back to the city.

If the C were to get R46's, they would be 8 car trains, not 6. The R46 being coupled into 4 car sets makes it impossible without modding/recoupling a large number of the fleet.

Most R46's are ABBA-ABBA, with the exception of I think one set I've seen running as a V and a F is coupled AB-AA-ABBA. The "-" means that they are non perma-coupled.

There are quite a few AA (13 sets, #'s 6208-6258) sets that are scattered across the R, F and G...

The AA units are 6208-6258 but the even numbers only. There is one set that is an AB unit (6206 & 6207). But the thing with those 2 cars is that they are always hooked up to another AA unit. 6206 has the cab, and 6207 has the coupler at the end of it. 6207 itself is always hooked up to another car because if it wasnt, you wouldn't be able to drive it from that end. So if you just look at those 2 cars by themselves, it would seem like a half set of R46's.

Why does the Subway Map not show (A) Service for the stops between 125 & 59th St/ Columbus Circle when it is obviously making stops there late nights & sounds like weekends? Also what is the signage on the Euclid Shuttle to Lefferts look like? Does it have (A) train signage or something else? I remember a time when the (C) ran to Rockaway Park. I took it all the way out there and then took the Q35 Bus over the Gil Hodges Memorial Marine Bridge to Flatbush/ Nostrand and then took the (2) back to the city.

It doesnt show it on maps because it doesn't normally stop there. And from what I've seen on the (A) shuttle at nights are 2 things...

1. A few nights ago, it was a 4 car set of R44's but the (S) was yellow instead of gray. the display itself said "TO EUCLID AV" then said "SHUTTLE". Going to Lefferts Blvd it just says "TO LEFFERTS BLVD"

2. A while ago (i think about 2 months ago) it was a full set of R44's with the (A) logo. towards Lefferts Blvd it said the usual display. But going to Euclid Av it just said "TO EUCLID AV"

It doesnt show it on maps because it doesn't normally stop there. And from what I've seen on the (A) shuttle at nights are 2 things...

1. A few nights ago, it was a 4 car set of R44's but the (S) was yellow instead of gray. the display itself said "TO EUCLID AV" then said "SHUTTLE". Going to Lefferts Blvd it just says "TO LEFFERTS BLVD"

2. A while ago (i think about 2 months ago) it was a full set of R44's with the (A) logo. towards Lefferts Blvd it said the usual display. But going to Euclid Av it just said "TO EUCLID AV"

Actually the Lefferts late nite shuttle always has a yellow (S) on a 4 Car R44 and are signed as follows:

To Lefferts:

S Shuttle

S Ozone Park

S Lefferts Blvd

To Euclid:

S Shuttle

S Euclid Av

Well, R-44 may be the domination on the (A) considering in the NYC Subway System excluding the SIR. Well, if the (A) and (C) both get R-46 and/or R-68, maybe the R-160 and possibly R-179 (still indefinate) may have to cover the missing R-46's in Jamaica or the missing R-68's in Bronx and Coney Island.

R179s are indefinite, I said earlier that we should not be speculating over the fate of a group of cars that are not even built yet.

Also, the only thing we know about these cars are, if they are built, they will retire the R44s. So basically, the R44s are doomed SOON, whether you like it or not. So I was saying they are dominating the A now... however in a few years when they retire, they won't be.

I know, I am not trying to speculate but including some future stuff that is in the Capital Programme. And I know the R-179 is indefinate... And I know they'll replace the R-44's... No need to restate my comment, :)!

Um... we all know that the R179s are in the CP, what's your point?

Anyways...........

Archived