MTA Employee Faculty Restrictions?

mark1447

I dunno where to put this [Wish there was a GENERAL MTA forum]

I was wondering as a future C/r, is it possible to access any MTA faclity, whether its a Bus Depot, MNRR or something?

Same goes for all employees of the MTA, B/O heading on the tracks or something.

Yeah seems weird, but just curious

To be on the roadbed, you must be track qualified. Even if you have a safety vest on, if you are not track qualified, you can't be there. I think the need for track qualification might also apply to abandon stations.

3.71(a) (formerly 82a) Under no circumstances will a person be permitted to enter upon any trackway

of the system until they have received the proper track safety training and qualification to do

so. Employees entering upon the trackway, including yard track, must always WEAR Authority

issued SAFETY VESTS and SAFETY GLASSES and all other personal protective equipment

mandated by their division. They must as prescribed by these rules carry approved LIGHTED

LIGHT/S and be in a position to observe the approach of trains.

I was wondering as a future C/r, is it possible to access any MTA faclity, whether its a Bus Depot, MNRR or something?

In general, no. LIRR, MNRR and NYCTA are three separate entities with very little (if any) exchange between people at the hourly level.

There is a little exchange between Surface and Subways. RTO people can sometimes be found in Stengel and Gleason depots because they share ground with subway yards. Other than that, you're pretty much stuck where you are.

SO even if u have an MTA Employee Metro u cant get in there? Wow 0_0

what about Bus Depots?

Not unless you have a reason to be there, or you know someone who works there who is going to sign you in...

and if you DO know someone and they sign you in, behave because what you do will reflect on them too...

Alex L. is completely correct. A NYCT employee is restricted(ie. C/R T/O, B/O) to locations pertaining to his /her job. I cannot enter a Surface facility without prior authorization because I am an RTO subway employee. As a courtesy I may be allowed to use the restroom or crew room in a bus depot. I cannot enter the Hillside facility of the LIRR unless I am invited in for some reason. Same goes for MNRR or LI Bus facilities. I believe that Alex L. may enter the new RCC ( command center) but as an hourly employee I can't. Basically what I'm saying is that you must have authorization to enter different (MTA) locations other than the place you work at.

Everyone who works for the TA can use RTO crew rooms and bathrooms BUT we cannot use the same for anyone!!!

Even the bus depots give you a big headache to go inside but there supervisors use our crew rooms and bathrooms every day all over the place!!!

And like was said earlier MNR, LIRR, and TA are virtually 3 seperate companies the fact that they are all MTA is a joke because they do EVERYTHING seperately.

Everyone who works for the TA can use RTO crew rooms and bathrooms BUT we cannot use the same for anyone!!!

Even the bus depots give you a big headache to go inside but there supervisors use our crew rooms and bathrooms every day all over the place!!!

And like was said earlier MNR, LIRR, and TA are virtually 3 seperate companies the fact that they are all MTA is a joke because they do EVERYTHING seperately.

Yea, LIRR and MNRR have NEVER been related aside from the (MTA) or (NYCT) found on their exteriors. Same with subway & bus. If anyone who thinks (MTA) is one big integrated organization, all they have to do is look back before it exited and that's basically how it is still, but just with the (MTA) logo slapped on.

- A

Archived