Broadway gets a new face in midtown

metsfan

Then what do you want for Broadway? It is not famous for traffic, it is famous for it's subway line, crossing many tourist destinations and it's shows... Speaking of tourist destinations, Broadway having a trolley-like line is much better than having cars go down it and making the classical 6-way streets on Times Square and Herald Square...

And stop going into Vision 42, get it on another thread...

Dude... my points are clear about Broadway. No means no. Simple. If you can't argue any more fine.

And about Vision42, looks like you have nothing to say about it eh?

:mad:

I have something to say about Vision 42 and even Vision 34, it is much more useful if it is to extend the 42nd Street Shuttle... It is just a kinda redundant for the Vision 42 to be applied since the (7) will cover it soon... New York would be much better off it the (S) is to be a loop line covering 42nd and 34th...

Broadway on the other hand will work much better... A tolley-like, mini light-rail line, outdoor seats and tables, cafe, restaurants, tourists info center, shops and bicycle parking and lanes would make Broadway so much fun... And it'll be useful 24 Hours, 7 Days and 365-366 Days in the whole entire year... Vision 42 won't work better since it'll kinda block all Avenues... Broadway would work much better... It'll make Broadway like a recreational street and shopping would be so much fun...

I don't know why would you want Vision 42 to succeed rather than have Broadway become like this... Vision 42 is to have same thing and may even cause more traffic problems since people would cross all these Avenues and only have 2-4 Tourist Destination at hand... Broadway would make people go from 57th (which is around Columbus Circle and Lincold Center) to Herald Square (which is by Manhattan Mall, Daffy's Building, Macy's Building, Penn Station, MSG, Empire State Building you name it)... Vision 42 seems good but it would be boring, Broadway Rehab is much more interesting and fun...

Don't make me write another three paragraphs worth of stuff!

I said specifically that I am against BOTH PROJECTS.

42nd Street being blocked will result in huge traffic problems, as an entire crosstown street (2-way) is being cut out.

Broadway being blocked is not fun either. I mean come on, other cities have grids... other cities have diagonal streets that cut across grids. And those streets are busy streets too. Look at the Champs-Elysees of Paris. The Piccalilly of London. Pennsylvania Avenue of DC. Tell them to close off their diagonals.

The thing is, if this plan was made a century ago, it would have worked. Why? There aren't as much cars back then. Now, there is a multitude of cars down on Broadway, and any blockage would cause an offset to another avenue, delivering an overload of cars on the other avenue, meaning a high likelihood of congestion.

Whatever... I am against the Vision42 and Vision34 Projects and support the Broadway project since it is much more nice to have Broadway look like that, London, Paris and DC... For Champ-Elysees, it is rather of a major two-way street as well as meets too many major streets, Piccadilly is not good enough for a street like that since it is like putting a no car road on 5th Ave by Central Park and Penn Ave is rather not suppose to be crowded since it'll bother the safety of the White House and it meets too many major streets...

Broadway is totally different and it is not like what you think it'll become, :)! I'll try to do a rendering, ;)!

The reason of my unequivocal objection: ECONOMY.

Archived