2009 NovaBUS LFS Articulated #0054 at flatbush depot 2/26/09

knice1187

I seen it parked inside the depot but couldn't get a pic cause the camera on my phone does not work. I guess flatbush might get some of these artics

God, I hope not. Those buses look awful. I would never get on those artics. I like the original artics better than those low floor craps any day.

God, I hope not. Those buses look awful. I would never get on those artics. I like the original artics better than those low floor craps any day.

Better get used to the idea of LF artics(Nova,Citaro...etc), since that's the only kind of buses being made today. The days of HF are over.......sadly.

I honestly cant wait till we...ur... (MTA) gets the NovaBUS LFSA! If they are using the bus for BRT or SBS or what ever its called, then they should have gone with the LFX model. The fact that the LFSA has 3 doors will speed up the load/unload precess. This is ONE thing I like about the (MTA). Now all those plane janes need to do is put some black around the windows.

I'm actually surprised to hear that the bus is making a tour of the city now. The B44 though is going to be murder in trying to find it, especially on weekends.

BTW, a nitpick: The bus was built in December 2007.

I think since they decided to keep it they want to show it off a lil to get people used to seeing them and riding them.

- A

The fact that the LFSA has 3 doors will speed up the load/unload precess. This is ONE thing I like about the (MTA).

I've been stressing that since this board was started and so have others. I know someone was reading this and other boards, and decided it would be the best option. I highly doubt this was an original idea of theirs. Extra 20ft, why not an extra door???

If I need to get from point-A to point-B I'll get on whatever bus that comes ...

Good point. Besides, if these buses come for the B44, which is a route that I do not encounter, then perhaps some of Flatbush's NGs will be moving over to Ulmer or Gleason, since they are training at the moment.

If Flatbush can not handle Artics (in reference to the subchat link), does that mean when the B44 starts SBS, it'll be moved out of Flatbush to another depot that can handle Artics? Maybe the B44 and B47 switch depots or something? What Brooklyn depots can handle Artics?

2 artics do the work of 3 40ft buses. If they want to get them in Flatbush, they will use the space for 3 40fters, for 2 artics. It is just that simple, but still some complications will exist. Nothing is done easy in TA........

Well, an B/O on SubChat has shot sdown this rumor, saying that it is still at Gun Hill.

http://www.subchat.com/buschat/read.asp?Id=139176

I think yall misunderstood me. I said the bus was at the depot on 2/26/09. It wasn't there for B/O training or anything it was parked in the garage around 5 pm which would mean that it was not at gunhill at that time. I guess mta was just trying to see if flatbush depot would be able to maintain the low floor artics which I think they will be able to cause it looks like the same height of the hybrids. The only thing they have to worry about is the length or the bus.

I think yall misunderstood me. I said the bus was at the depot on 2/26/09. It wasn't there for B/O training or anything it was parked in the garage around 5 pm which would mean that it was not at gunhill at that time. I guess mta was just trying to see if flatbush depot would be able to maintain the low floor artics which I think they will be able to cause it looks like the same height of the hybrids. The only thing they have to worry about is the length or the bus.

Well, to add, the New Flyer artic is about a 35-25 or a 33-27 split...the LFS appears closer to being a 38-24 split. The front wheelbase is the same as that of an LFS rigid.

The Nova LFSAs are ugly and...well... artic. Not a fan of articulted buses. Thank goodness they aren't touching Queens.

I like articulated buses, they are awesomeness and they belong on routes with high ridership (my opinion)

Okay, you win, I lose, here are pics!

http://www.subchat.com/buschat/read.asp?Id=139312

Okay, you win, I lose, here are pics!

http://www.subchat.com/buschat/read.asp?Id=139312

It krazy How people that dont work for MTA even the ones who do think they know more then Reg User in the end if u not With DOB u don't know much. Once again the Proff is in the pudding and #0054 is @ Flatbush Just like everbody "sources" told them how the NG order would pan out and it never happens that way.

Archived