New R160 Test Set

Nature

this is the last R160B set #9153 - #9162 being tested on the

N, Q , W line.

wait until #9163 - #9232 ( R160B ) go to jamiaca yard.???

it will be better if #9163 - #9232 go to N , Q , W line.

R160B/ R160A

should run:

(E)

(F)

(G)

(R)

(E)(F)(G)(R) will be CBTC . by using R160B/ R160A

That's great, good photos. The (E) and (F) trains will begin using R160Bs starting with 9163-9232.

Actually, CI will receive up to car 9192 now. They're getting 540 R160s now instead of 510.

N, Q , W line.

R160B/ R160A

should run:

(E)

(F)

(G)

(R)

That doesn't make sense. The (F) and (E) aren't getting CBTC anytime soon. The (7) will get CBTC first. The (R) isn't getting R160s either and the (G) might get them.

(N) , (Q) , (W) should give up R68's #2680 - #2924 give it to

(:) , (D) line (concourse yard or (A) , (C) line

(N) , (Q) , (W) will only have R68's #5001 - #5200.

(N) , (Q) , (W) will only hold kawasaki R68's and R160B kawasaki cars.

not R68's #2716 - #2924

Why? There's no reason to.

Guys, am I getting the feeling that he's posted here before? I know that on RD he posted as 678a, and the same guy posted here as well a few months ago.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.1; en-us; dream) AppleWebKit/525.10+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0.4 Mobile Safari/523.12.2)

Who said CI was receiving up to 9192? We just got rid of the last slants, so we should be all set now.

N, Q , W line.

R160B/ R160A

should run:

(E)

(F)

(G)

(R)

if the (E) becomes CBTC,then the (A)(C) has to,if the (F) becomes CBTC,then the (:)(D) and (V) must be CBTC.then if the (D) beomes CBTC,the (N) has to become CBTC,then it goes on.

if the (E) becomes CBTC,then the (A)(C) has to,if the (F) becomes CBTC,then the (:P(D) and (V) must be CBTC.then if the (D) beomes CBTC,the (N) has to become CBTC,then it goes on.

No..

The E and F will be CBTC in Queens first ONLY. That's the priority. So that means it will take place on the express tracks. As for the locals, maybe. But it will not go all the way down the line into Manhattan or Brooklyn, that's just too much.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.1; en-us; dream) AppleWebKit/525.10+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0.4 Mobile Safari/523.12.2)

Who said CI was receiving up to 9192? We just got rid of the last slants, so we should be all set now.

3 sets for spares probably.

• 2 weeks later...
Guess you're right. Just saw 9163-72 testing on the express tracks at Kings Hwy today. (not moving, but with the signs set for the N).

Interesting, I believe those 3 sets are for service increases (what I mean is, when there is a gap between service, they stick some on the N or Q)

No..

The E and F will be CBTC in Queens first ONLY. That's the priority. So that means it will take place on the express tracks. As for the locals, maybe. But it will not go all the way down the line into Manhattan or Brooklyn, that's just too much.

why do you think the (L) and (7) are the only lines that should get CBTC? because there the only ones that DONT share any tracks with an other line.they run by them selves. i think its not possible if they make only once section of a line CBTC

(N) , (Q) , (W) should give up R68's #2680 - #2924 give it to

(:) , (D) line (concourse yard or (A) , (C) line

(N) , (Q) , (W) will only have R68's #5001 - #5200.

(N) , (Q) , (W) will only hold kawasaki R68's and R160B kawasaki cars.

not R68's #2716 - #2924

actually (S) Franklin Avenue has r68's #2916- #2924. You're right the (N),(Q),(W) should give up r68's #2784- #2915 to (:), (D) line

why do you think the (L) and (7) are the only lines that should get CBTC? because there the only ones that DONT share any tracks with an other line.they run by them selves. i think its not possible if they make only once section of a line CBTC

It should be possible. CBTC is just the signalling (to enable trains to run closer to each other), not ATO (Automatic Train Operation). There are plans, from what I heard, to implement CBTC in the Hillside Avenue section as a test. They will then move along the express tracks only.

Interesting, I believe those 3 sets are for service increases (what I mean is, when there is a gap between service, they stick some on the N or Q)

I don't know why I kept fearing we already had more than enough for increases already, and that any more would start bumping 68's to elsewhere. (We started with all the 300 slants, plus 100 modifieds, about 80 or so 42's, and 40 32's, which is around 520, and 9162 marked 510). I guess from assuming they would send the rest of the order (up to 9232) here, which then would be an overflow. But if it's just the next 30, that would just about equal that increase ratio they wanted to create).

I don't know why I kept fearing we already had more than enough for increases already, and that any more would start bumping 68's to elsewhere. (We started with all the 300 slants, plus 100 modifieds, about 80 or so 42's, and 40 32's, which is around 520, and 9162 marked 510). I guess from assuming they would send the rest of the order (up to 9232) here, which then would be an overflow. But if it's just the next 30, that would just about equal that increase ratio they wanted to create).

Just only 3 sets, the other sets are to be based out at Jamaica Yard.

Archived