Winter Storm Watch for the Tri-State Area

UlmerPark B6

Good point lol.Actually i live upstate here in Wapppinger Falls just outside Poughkeepsie here upstate Dutchess County. Brooklyn native here.

Let's do the Wapp-inger Falls (same as doing the Whop). You are in between then. Not to bad. Use the Taconic or Rte 9, to the Mid-Hudson

Many Catholic schools are already closed tomorrow. How long before the public schools follow suit?

Although I go to a Catholic high school we close if the public schools are closed due to inclement weather, or if our own administration decides.

Yonkers Public Schools will most likely be closed, since this city is guaranteed to do a half ass job of plowing........

lol! They close if Joe Rao even suggests that it will snow. If I do go out tomorrow it will be (let's say) interesting to get around.

You know it's a big storm if they close all of the CUNYs *fingers crossed* But from what I've heard that rarely (and emphasis on the rarely) happens.

lol! They close if Joe Rao even suggests that it will snow. If I do go out tomorrow it will be (let's say) interesting to get around.

You know it's a big storm if they close all of the CUNYs *fingers crossed* But from what I've heard that rarely (and emphasis on the rarely) happens.

We are one of the hilliest cities in the nation (reportedly second after San Fransisco), so they must be careful. Especially after that cheese bus incident, many years back.........

My mom teaches with CUNY and got an email stating that for the moment all CUNY schools are open tomorrow.

I hope my school is closed tomorrow. Unfortunately I go to Trevor Day School and rarely they close due to inclement weather (only under EXTREME conditions).

If CUNY closes I hope St. Francis College does, but hell with a 3pm start it won't make much of a difference for me. Though it would still be nice. My sister already has off, and her school never closes.

If CUNY closes I hope St. Francis College does, but hell with a 3pm start it won't make much of a difference for me. Though it would still be nice. My sister already has off, and her school never closes.

Well, one can still hope... :cool:

There's always the plus side of professors maybe being absent anyway.

We are one of the hilliest cities in the nation (reportedly second after San Fransisco), so they must be careful. Especially after that cheese bus incident, many years back.........

It's better to be safe than sorry! I'm just glad I don't have to travel through the hills; I remember plenty of times where the older Bee Line buses would get stuck and we would have to hoof it to school.

Off topic. Did the '3' major NYC airports and Port Authority 'reopen' yet?

I just woke back up around 930am and i think i hear LGA and Newark closed to clear snow. Also Greyhound cancelled all buses to/from NYC Port Authority as of 6am this morning.

Only, very limited flights are departuring from JFK.

Everything is either closed or light staffed today. EWR is having limited flights and JUST re-opened, MANY cancellations.

My thanks goes out to all the transit crews keeping stuff moving.:tup::tup::tup:

- A

Archived