Why is the (E) the only QBL line that doesn't use R46's?

TheMan

The E would be OK with R46 as off-hour trains, or occasional rush-hour trains. They had them almost exclusively on the E from 1980-1990, the dwell argument surfaced in 1990, didn't hear about it before then. I think 75 footers work well off hours and 60 footers better rush hours, however, since the E is not a long route, I don't think the 75 footer's advantage of more seats is necessary. I don't think the V needs 46s, a waste IMO. I like R44/R46/R68 on the A, F, D, Q, R and other lines where people have a better chance of getting a seat non-peak hours than they do on an R160, a car with fewer seats than the R40.

The A and F will likely run R179s, 75 footers, but will they have 5 doors per cars and parallel seats? Will they have more seats? If they have 5 doors per car, the E may get them as well.

-Yes, if the E were to run R46s, the best time will be during off hours. As crowding would not be a major issue. Many typical E riders favour the R46s and the R160s over the R32s or the R42s.

-Bare in mind, that the two hundred something car order is just ONE order. It is only enough to replace the R44s on the A line. There are no optional orders yet to go on the others lines. In all likelihood, the A and the H will be the ones to use the R179. The E will continue to use R160s and the F will run R46s and R160s.

-Yes, if the E were to run R46s, the best time will be during off hours. As crowding would not be a major issue. Many typical E riders favour the R46s and the R160s over the R32s or the R42s.

-Bare in mind, that the two hundred something car order is just ONE order. It is only enough to replace the R44s on the A line. There are no optional orders yet to go on the others lines. In all likelihood, the A and the H will be the ones to use the R179. The E will continue to use R160s and the F will run R46s and R160s.

Actually when the R-160A-2 ran on the (E) in December several customers loved them....even two gentlemen had a lil disagreement thinking the F.I.N.D were on the IRT (2)(4)(5)(6)....idk where ppl think that customers love the R-46's on the (E)....but I'm not starting a war or anything like that!

Actually when the R-160A-2 ran on the (E) in December several customers loved them....even two gentlemen had a lil disagreement thinking the F.I.N.D were on the IRT (2)(4)(5)(6)....idk where ppl think that customers love the R-46's on the (E)....but I'm not starting a war or anything like that!

Well I am not saying that they LOVE the R46s, they simply favour them over the older series. As in "oh those cars are better than these guys".

Well yeah, the typical E passenger certainly loves the R160As.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 3.4; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

I know this is a little off topic, but how long is the R179 gonna be

75 feet, that is definite.

Well my speculation tells me that, when more R160s come in, the Mods will go to 207th to replace the slants. Some of the R42s will follow suit. When the slants are gone, Jamaica should be R32, R46, R160. That said, the Mods will start retiring. The R42s will be going next. As this is happening, the Jamaica R32s will be pushed off to 207 to retire the Mods/R42s. So at the very end, Jamaica will be R46 and R160.

The fleet composition will be like this:

E- Exclusively R160

F- R160 and R46

G- R46

R- R46

V- R46

do not forget that the (G) will be transferred to the Coney Island and no longer use R46s. those cars are forbidden to run on the (E) because of the reduced amount of doors and heavy usage.

do not forget that the (G) will be transferred to the Coney Island and no longer use R46s. those cars are forbidden to run on the (E) because of the reduced amount of doors and heavy usage.

-The G transfer will happen, but not anytime soon.

-The R46s are NOT forbidden to run on the E. Once in a while, the R46 appears on the E. The only fault is, it doesn't have enough doors.

Do you know where all the extra R46's will go after the (G) is transferred to the CI yard?

Perhaps into Pitkin/207. The F will receive R160s and donates 1/3 of its current R46s to the R. Extraneous sets will have to leave.

those cars are forbidden to run on the (E) because of the reduced amount of doors and heavy usage.

Let's not start this forbidden nonsense again.. The (E) is based out of Jamaica which uses R46s. Every once in a blue moon, there's a couple of sets out on the (E). Of course not during the rush, but it does happens to appear on the line before/after the rush, and during the weekends.

Just this past summer, when the weekend G.O. sent (G)'s out to C.I, the (F) ran R32s mostly, the (E) ran R46s, and the (G) ran everything it had. 46s on the (E) does happen, so get your facts right before stating them.

Let's not start this forbidden nonsense again.. The (E) is based out of Jamaica which uses R46s. Every once in a blue moon, there's a couple of sets out on the (E). Of course not during the rush, but it does happens to appear on the line before/after the rush, and during the weekends.

Just this past summer, when the weekend G.O. sent (G)'s out to C.I, the (F) ran R32s mostly, the (E) ran R46s, and the (G) ran everything it had. 46s on the (E) does happen, so get your facts right before stating them.

The "forbidden" argument is plain nonsensical and childish. The R46s are not banned or forbidden to run on certain Div B (Non-East) lines. IMO, this argument was used because he hates R46s or something.

Well, why do you claim that the R46s are forbidden from running on the E then?

someone on youtube posted a comment on a video of an R46 (E) train saying that they were not allowed to run on that line because of the reduced amount of doors and i felt it made sense because the (E) is among the most heavily used "B" Division lines. i would not care if i saw an R46 on that line. in fact, i have a video of one taken last summer and it proves the theory that the reduced amount of doors on an eight-car train increases the amount of time it spends at each station. i hate the R44s, not the R46s.

Well my speculation tells me that, when more R160s come in, the Mods will go to 207th to replace the slants. Some of the R42s will follow suit. When the slants are gone, Jamaica should be R32, R46, R160. That said, the Mods will start retiring. The R42s will be going next. As this is happening, the Jamaica R32s will be pushed off to 207 to retire the Mods/R42s. So at the very end, Jamaica will be R46 and R160.

The fleet composition will be like this:

E- Exclusively R160

F- R160 and R46

G- R46

R- R46

V- R46

I think that would happen, But there are some R42's that are retired already

someone on youtube posted a comment on a video of an R46 (E) train saying that they were not allowed to run on that line because of the reduced amount of doors and i felt it made sense because the (E) is among the most heavily used "B" Division lines. i would not care if i saw an R46 on that line. in fact, i have a video of one taken last summer and it proves the theory that the reduced amount of doors on an eight-car train increases the amount of time it spends at each station. i hate the R44s, not the R46s.

SOMEBODY said, but do you know this person? Is he a worker? Could he be bs-ing?

The priority is to put the 60 footers on the E because they have more doors to work with those crowds. Once in a while though a R46 shows up because there's probably a shortage of 60 footers and therefore would require a set of R46s to serve on the E.

So, they are therefore not banished.

That is true, the CI Rebuilds, right? A few of the MKs are retired too.

all 110 Coney Island R42s were retired in summer-fall 2007. 10 cars were not rebuilt and two are in the U.S. Department of Transportation facility in Colorado. the eight cars involved in that Chambers Street crash in November 2007 were retired even though they did not suffer a lot of damage. recently, 12 MK R42s were taken out of service for scrapping.

Archived