What are these?

I found these all over the Avenue J station (both sides) and even a few outside. Is this because of the proposed rehabilitaion on the Brighton line?

002-14.jpg

The green slashes will repeat about every 3-5 feet, and there are at least 5 orange dots on each side.

Yes it is! I've seen this at Avenue H as well! They doing the rehab project fast! I thought they were gonna do this station after Avenue and Neck Road are done! :cool::):tup:

I believe the orange line is a warning strip just to let passengers know that they're approaching the edge of a platform. Riders should avoid standing past that orange line. New station platforms have a yellow tactile strip around the edge.

I believe the orange line is a warning strip just to let passengers know that they're approaching the edge of a platform. Riders should avoid standing past that orange line. New station platforms have a yellow tactile strip around the edge.

Yup your right, and now bring replaced by the Yellow bumps for every passenger+ the people who are blind =]

as for the mark, im 70% sure its a mark from the T/A for cars or something

Just like at 135th street on bronx bound (:)(C) station it says R42 where the former c/r board was at.. for the (C)

ether its graffiti,or markings for the platform,or track,or engineers

IT can't be graffiti.

Yes it is! I've seen this at Avenue H as well! They doing the rehab project fast! I thought they were gonna do this station after Avenue and Neck Road are done! :cool::):tup:

Good point about Avenue H, this is a pic I have, the construction truck is already there:

SSPX0339.jpg

SSPX0340.jpg

All over the Avenue H, J, M stations? That would be weird, if they were survey marks.

They are usually used to visualize where new stuff is going, and where important items such as utility conduits are. I've seen it before when a station was being prepped for rebuild.

- A

Archived