Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
NYtransit

R160B cab

heres a video that was taken in august and uploaded in august,this is my video! and when i watch this video,my voice was MUCH different then now.lol

I saw the slant cab video and it frightened me. I hope you didn't break into that cab because there isn't any button that you press and it opens.

I saw the slant cab video and it frightened me. I hope you didn't break into that cab because there isn't any button that you press and it opens.

actually there is,the button was unlocked,so i pressed it and did a quick shot

Nice video, but I went into a cab once and actually made doors open and the Conductor yelled she/he is loosing her/his mind... I was fortunate the C/R didn't find out that I did it in two stops and luckily the car I am in and the one in the front and rear of my car was empty, :P...

Way out of line! :eek::eek:

- A

Nice video, but I went into a cab once and actually made doors open and the Conductor yelled she/he is loosing her/his mind... I was fortunate the C/R didn't find out that I did it in two stops and luckily the car I am in and the one in the front and rear of my car was empty, :)...

:cool: ;)

hahahaha rofl! I'm a dare devil... but I'd never do that! :cool::cool::P

Nice video, but I went into a cab once and actually made doors open and the Conductor yelled she/he is loosing her/his mind... I was fortunate the C/R didn't find out that I did it in two stops and luckily the car I am in and the one in the front and rear of my car was empty, :P...

I don't see how that's possible.

Nice video, but I went into a cab once and actually made doors open and the Conductor yelled she/he is loosing her/his mind... I was fortunate the C/R didn't find out that I did it in two stops and luckily the car I am in and the one in the front and rear of my car was empty, ;)...

Impossible. Doors can't open when the train is moving. Second, in order for the C/R cab controls to work, you need to insert the C/R key to activate the controls. Nice try buddy :P

Impossible. Doors can't open when the train is moving. Second, in order for the C/R cab controls to work, you need to insert the C/R key to activate the controls. Nice try buddy :P

Haha you beat me to it.

On top of that the T/O has to hit the door enabler button.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 3.4; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

I'll never do that again as well...

For some reason it did?!?

I don't know how come it worked, but the cab is probably having problems, I see the wires and probably the key thing is stuck at operating postion...

If it was, the T/O couldn't possibly get the lamp that the doors are closed.

Once again that is not possible. If the train operator lost indication, he MUST bring the train to a smooth stop as fast as possible because loss of indication is an unsafe operating condition. He would not continue operating as usual.

I don't know what you're talking about "buttons" because you need a key to operate the door controls. The key does not come out of the keyhole unless the door controls are disabled in which case you wouldn't be able to have them do anything. So unless you are telling me that a conductor managed to leave his keys in the door controls in a non operating position, another conductor did not notice anything when he tried to close down the train starting out at the terminal and it was zoned in two places, and there was an unnoticed trainline indication circuit failure that gave the T/O indication for, well, this whole run, there is NO way what you said is possible. Not only that, you absolutely should not have been in the cab in the first place...but maybe all you were hitting were the buzzer buttons? (LOL We've FOUND Buzzer Boy!!! jk)

And lastly, on R32 equipment, the horn is not a "button" you push...

Edited by SubwayGuy

While it's highly unlikely, what would make you do such a thing? How did you come to the conclusion that trying to open the doors is a smart thing to do? It's people like you that give railfans a bad reputation amongst MTA employees.