School Has Been Canceled In The Big Apple!!

Sea Beach

YES!! Due To The Blizzard,it was announced by School Chancelor Joel Klein on WABC TV at 6am this morning. The NYC schools havent had a snow day in years!! They'll most likely be delayed tomorrow or possibly even closed again tomorrow due to the ice and the aftermath! Happy Snow Day!

Lucky you guys. We're getting 16 inches up here in Massachusetts, and I still have to go to school. I'm not complaining though, I live in the same building as my classes, so I don't have to go outside.

Come to New York, where thinsg are possiable. Plus we got one of the worst mayors in NYC, who has to wear slippers to get down to the mayors offic, so we are good to go =P

We also got the Worst transit system top people, but we got the best fleets in Buses and Subways! lol

*checks work email, checks schools.nyc.gov*

Looks like I still have to go to work. ugh.

Where i am as a sub teacher, schools are closed here upstate in hudson valley too. Only maintence workers in these school distrticts must work today.

This is NYC public schools first "snow day" since January 2004.

Pretty much all schools are closed in the de-pa-nj-ny "i-95" corridor.

I want to emphasize to everyone who has off today to take it easy, be safe, if you plan on transitfanning keep your cameras and batteries warm, and DRESS PROPERLY! :cool:

- A

I was eating breakfast and was planning to leave, well my friend called and texted me. Then, my girl texted me and she's like: THERE'S NO SCHOOL!

I couldn't be happier.

What sucks is, I procrastinated last night and I woke up at 5 something.

And Kris... YOU MEANT GODS! (Insider)

Where i am as a sub teacher, schools are closed here upstate in hudson valley too. Only maintence workers in these school distrticts must work today.

This is NYC public schools first "snow day" since January 2004.

I'm not a teacher and I don't work in a school. I work in one of the many administrative NYC DOE buildings. So usually, central offices have to work. Though our network went down due to the snow, so I couldn't get any work done. What a waste of time. They should have just given all NYC DOE employees off.

I'm not a teacher and I don't work in a school. I work in one of the many administrative NYC DOE buildings. So usually, central offices have to work. Though our network went down due to the snow, so I couldn't get any work done. What a waste of time. They should have just given all NYC DOE employees off.

Did you get paid for showing up today (3/2/09) bro? If so not so bad.

Yeah, I definitely get paid for today lol.

If anyone should be crying it should be me. I only get paid on days i actually work so on this snow day no paycheck today.:cry:

Seriously i am part time/non-union and thus reason I attend Pace Univ to try to get my teaching license.

If anyone should be crying it should be me. I only get paid on days i actually work so on this snow day no paycheck today.:cry:

Seriously i am part time/non-union and thus reason I attend Pace Univ to try to get my teaching license.

Yeah I'm a full time employee now but I used to be a temp for a bit and yeah, those days when the office was closed used to hurt my paycheck. :P

Normally when they have a snow day it's usually some obscure school in New Jersey. It's extremely rare that school's in the city are closed due to snow. The only time that happened when I was in school was during the Blizzard of 96 (anyone under the age of 20 won't remember it).

Archived