What lines are not affected much by weekend service changes?

B41

We know every subway line has been affected, but what lines do you guys think are the least affected?

I will say the weekend (M) shuttle. The only thing that happened with the (M) was that it had to be replaced by shuttle buses.

(F)

(M)(S)

I remember it had this G.O.

Shuttle Buses replacing train bet. Metropolitan Av and Myrtle Av.

Divided into 2 sections at Myrtle-Wyckoff Avs.

Shuttle Bus replacing trains bet. Metropolitan and Wyckoff-Myrtle Avs.

Franklin Av (S) only had one G.O with Shuttle Buses replacing trains bet. Franklin Av and Propsect Park.

Most shuttles.

The 42nd St (S) only gets extended to late nights in case the (7) isn't running.

The Franklin Av (S) gets replaced by buses maybe 2 weekends out of the year.

The Rockaway Park (S) only gets suspended when the (A) has to run to Rockaway Park.

Everything else, pretty much gets affected by construction. Only exceptions are weekday only lines, the (:P, the (V), and the (Z). The only service change I've seen on the (Z) is when some of its skip-stops were closed for rehabilitation.

(6) line. Almost always runs normally during daytime and evening hours on almost every weekend.

Every once in a blue moon a GO will mean local service only in one direction between two express stations (ie downtown trains run express from 42 to 14, as an example, but uptown trains still run normal)...however the vast majority of work is done late nights on the line.

The (Q) isn't that bad. Neck Rd and Ave U got shut down, but other than that, you don't see many GOs. The (6) doesn't have much GOs either.

The (7) and the (L) are amongst the worst when it comes to weekend GOs. The (1) follows that (WTC, South Ferry related work).

The (F) hasn't played that many tricks this year; on many GOs, it would switch onto the A at Jay Street, run uptown on the A to West 4th...

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 3.4; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

The (D) suprised me the most cuz of it going only to Pacific St, and on occasion when it goes on the (A) from west 4 St to Colombus Circle

(1): Not so much of station skipping in Upper Harlem.

(2); No disrupition in Bronx.

(4): Shuttle Bus was when some of stations were closed for renovation.

(5); Never had shuttle bus.

(6); Shuttle Bus long time ago.

(7); After I came back from Ohio, no more LIRR Shuttle.

(C): No shuttle bus because for (A) local.

(D); Rarely does not have peak directions going local on Central Park West.

(E); Does not have shuttle bus in Manhattan.

(F); Never had shuttle bus.

(G); Lately, there is no Shuttle Bus.

(M); No Shuttle Bus or divided into 2 sections or half-section replace by shuttle bus.

(1): Not so much of station skipping in Upper Harlem.

(2); No disrupition in Bronx.

(4): Shuttle Bus was when some of stations were closed for renovation.

(5); Never had shuttle bus.

(6); Shuttle Bus long time ago.

(7); After I came back from Ohio, no more LIRR Shuttle.

(C): No shuttle bus because for (A) local.

(D); Rarely does not have peak directions going local on Central Park West.

(E); Does not have shuttle bus in Manhattan.

(F); Never had shuttle bus.

(G); Lately, there is no Shuttle Bus.

(M); No Shuttle Bus or divided into 2 sections or half-section replace by shuttle bus.

I'll agree with the (6), (F), (G)

The (2) is either running in two sections, being replaced by the (5) going downtown or uptown or is made to run local.

(4) a couple of times wasn't running past brooklyn bridge and they had the (J) providing service to prospect park

(E) lately is terminating at 2nd Avenue which is a pain only if no uptown (A) at the same time if its running via the (F) from Jay St

(7) never seems to run into manhattan on weekends anymore and frequently loses its express service (which isnt too much of a problem because the (7) runs pretty fast as a local IMO)

I'd say the (R) hasn't been affected much. I'd love it if they could get the (C) running on a non holiday weekend sometime. Such a pain to take the ride to Rockaway on the local track....

The (7) and the (L) are amongst the worst when it comes to weekend GOs. The (1) follows that (WTC, South Ferry related work).

That one is good as is...well said Admiral

Archived