What station/ stop or Terminal would you live near?

fx20736

Hmm great topic!

I always tell my friends and my BF that I would love to live in Jackson Heights because of the trains over there.

Jackson Heights: (7)(E)(F)(G)(R)(V) (I can go to my bf's house easier, to the mall, to my best friend's house with one of the buses near there, to the city, just about anywhere! People who live near there are lucky. LOL)

Union Square: (4)(5)(6)(L)(N)(Q)(R)(W) (Should I give a reason? LOL)

Chambers Street: (M)(J)(Z)(4)(5)(6) (It'd be much easier to get to my college :P)

Rockaway Park area is pretty nice, I used to pass by it a few times on the Q35. And for me I'm just a Q35 ride away from Rockaway Park.

For me, my 'home' terminal is (2), (5), Flatbush Avenue. But I wouldn't mind if I lived at Atlantic-Pacific.

Ahh you are lucky you live there. I would only love to live near there because of my college and because of the Brooklyn Juction area which to me is like a freaking food court. LOL

Ahh you are lucky you live there. I would only love to live near there because of my college and because of the Brooklyn Juction area which to me is like a freaking food court. LOL

I agree with you about the food court. But sadly they closed the Wendy's that was inside the store that Popeyes is in, IMO they had the Best tasting cheesebugers & Fries.

1: 72nd Street on the (1), (2) and (3). For some reason that station brings good memories of the times I used to share with my dad. Now I just go around the area to basically, well, chill.

2: Anywhere in SoHo/Chelsea: The only way I would even be able to live here is if I find roommates, cuz of the RENT. But the stores are nice, and the Apple Store in SoHo was my local spot I went to after school, and I still go there if I have the time.

3: Anywhere in Staten Island: I say this with a grain of salt, however, because I want to be a bus ride away from the mall, from Brooklyn and from my current school at CSI. But I would go with New Dorp because my friend lives around there.

• 4 months later...

I'm fine right where I am, transit-wise:

I live a block away from Kingsbridge Rd IND and Fordham Rd IND ((D) train FTW!! The latter is my station of choice since I don't have to cross any streets to enter), a short walk away from the same stations on the (4) line, lots of buses (Bx1/2 lcl/ltd, Bx9, Bx12 lcl/SBS, Bx22, Bx28, Bx34, W60/61/62), and the Metro-North is at Fordham Plaza (where Bx15/17/55 service is also available) - and that's also a short walk/bus ride away.

(Now, there are also some express buses, but I've no use for them; seeing as they're almost always empty, methinks many others have no use for them either!)

No wonder I'm transit-spoiled!! :) (No need for a car yet, though I do have a learner's permit...)

Queens Plaza area in Long Island City, (7)(E)(F)(R)(G)(V)(N)(W). I'd have a short and easy commute to Manhattan regardless of where in the borough, and I'd also have easy access to Brooklyn with the (G). If someone wanted to visit my house they wouldn't have to spend 1 and a half hours on a train and another hour on the bus just to get to my place. I'd also be near Amtrak's Sunnyside Yard and the work zone for LIRR's ESA project. I also love the Astoria Line and the wide variety of bus photo ops here as well. It's in Astoria, which is also a great place for general photography. This area would be ideal.

Archived