Subway antenna?

SubaruWRX

If I was roaming the subway with my portable scanner listening to NYCT frequencies...how long would it take to get a what the hell are you doing? from someome?

~ 5 minutes.

- A

If I was roaming the subway with my portable scanner listening to NYCT frequencies...how long would it take to get a what the hell are you doing? from someome?

Not long at all.

If you're going to do the whole scanner bit (note: i don't), just be advised that while it's perfectly legal to listen in on what's happening it is a FEDERAL OFFENSE to post any of what you heard anywhere. In addition, I'd recommend using headphones and hiding the thing, if you hold it out in plain view you will look VERY suspicious and any employees, cops, and even some passengers will bang you in for "suspicious activity"

hey just a word to the wise...

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

I have gone out a few times on metro north with my radios but then again I have a FCC callsign to do so

You probably won't hear anything that juicy.

I'm sure.. I did bring my radio out for the Croton open house when I took the fall train ride I knew when they were ready to back up and while pulling into GCT I switched it over to the channel for GCT haha funny to see the looks on some other the people waiting near the door since I forgot that it was still kinda up loud. And I was running no earphone since it's not meant to have one.

I'm just waiting for the day a NYS cop stops me on the thruway telling me I'm not allowed to have scanners in my car ;) it's legal to have as long as I have my FCC license with me.

Archived