Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Bus Guy

R-32s and R-38s

How many of the R-32s and R-38s are let in service?

I'm thinking of going to NYC this spring and wanted to ride one of them.

How many of the R-32s and R-38s are let in service?

I'm thinking of going to NYC this spring and wanted to ride one of them.

Well, no one is sure of the number, but you better come early spring, because the earlier you come, the more chances you have of riding them.

I rode the R32 (R) again today down the 4th Avenue local with a loud sounding conductor with an annoying voice. It was great! :tup:

There are many R32s still active(290 if I recall correctly)

Not too many R38s left. Most are in trains mixed with R32s, which should make it easier to find them.

Just avoid the R32s if you're in a hurry. The R38s would sadly phase out this week.

And why should he avoid the R-32's if he's trying to ride one b4 they retire? Hmmmmm!!

I have seen a lot of R32's still around. (As of March 3, 2009.) They are on the (A)(C)(F) and a few on the (E) and (R). I think they will still be around. The R38's are few and are mixed with the R32's on the (C) line. They will be gone very soon. Sad to say!

Just avoid the R32s if you're in a hurry. The R38s would sadly phase out this week.

thanks for slapping me in the face :mad:

And why should he avoid the R-32's if he's trying to ride one b4 they retire? Hmmmmm!!

do not listen to me. trust me, the R32s will get you to where you want to go faster than the crumbling R40/40M/42s and slowpoke 75 footers.