Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
N-Trizzy2609

Who Plans On Seeing Pelham 123 with a Non or New Railfaner?

Every railfaner has his different friends. He has his railfan buddies, he 'normal' buddies and his buddies who are new to the railfan scene.

With The Taking of Pelham 123's remake coming out in June, every subway buff will be running to the cinema. Who are you taking with you? Are they new railfaners? Are they 'normal'? Or are you going to be a geek and see it by yourself? I'm taking Christine, my girlfriend with me. She's a new railfanner. She know what a R142 is, just doesn't know what everything else is. I'm also taking my friend Bari with me. He's a 'normal' so he won't get why I'll be ranting "That's not a R142A!" lol. B)

As I saw the trailer for the 23727263637 time, I notice the Travolta entering Time Square station. I screamed "The (6) doesn't stop at Time Sq." and my mom yelled, "Nick, shut the (bleep) up! You're (bleep)ing killin' my damn eardrum. And what the (bleep) is a R1-motha(bleep)-42A?" She's 'normal'.

So far, I'm seeing it twice. The first time with a close friend of mine, and second time with some of my other friends ( Girls Included ):tup:

I will see it when it comes out it looks good don't know if I will do it alone or some people want to get together. I could have been in that move as an extra but would have took too much of my personal time. I met the requirments to be as an Extra.

As it stands right now, I am going to see it with my girlfriend who is also a railfan however she is not that great with the types of train models.

If not I may see it with 1 of my best friends that is normal however my best friend don't look at me so crazy as they understand my interest in the subway system so it's all good.

I will see it when it comes out it looks good don't know if I will do it alone or some people want to get together. I could have been in that move as an extra but would have took too much of my personal time. I met the requirments to be as an Extra.

I would have done it.

No offense N-Trinzzy or others but why are asking this question so early? Hey:confused: this film does not come out until mid-June about 3 months from now? This is a good topic but imo it would have been better to ask this in May.

I'm probably going to go see it first with my family. My dad loves the original, my mom loves Denzel Washington, and my sister just wants to see it. Then, I'll probably go see it with other folks. Probably with my friends and stuff.

I'm probably going to go see it first with my family. My dad loves the original, my mom loves Denzel Washington, and my sister just wants to see it. Then, I'll probably go see it with other folks. Probably with my friends and stuff.

we should go see it :)

Most of the taping was done Wkends and Late Nights in var parts of the systerm .

I see your point. Especially coming down from Pennsylvania.

Most of the taping was done Wkends and Late Nights in var parts of the systerm .

I remember a saw a 5 Car R142A heading to Hoyt-Schemehorn at 2:30AM. The train was going about 50 MPH through Broadway-Nassau and the side LCD's were flashing, "Not In Service" "Pelham 123" "Filming In Progress". I was so mad I couldn't catch a snapshot of it because I was too stunned to grab my phone. A few days later I saw the trains parked at Hoyt. The platform baracated off. I even saw the "R162" there.

I'll probably see it with my boyfriend and my dad. I have a feeling that my dad will plan some sort of a railfanning excursion beforehand, maybe taking the entire (6) line and then going to one of our favorite movie houses. Should be fun. ;)

My boyfriend isn't much of a railfan, although he does enjoy it and will accompany me sometimes. He thinks it's funny that I'm always taking pictures... but I'm sure he will like the movie.

I'll probably see it with my boyfriend and my dad. I have a feeling that my dad will plan some sort of a railfanning excursion beforehand, maybe taking the entire (6) line and then going to one of our favorite movie houses. Should be fun. :)

My boyfriend isn't much of a railfan, although he does enjoy it and will accompany me sometimes. He thinks it's funny that I'm always taking pictures... but I'm sure he will like the movie.

he follows you because he knows whats good for him. ;);)

Just gonna see it with friends, whoever's around and wants to go see it...i don't really have "railfan friends" i just have friends and if they happen to like trains so be it, no big deal...haven't planned it out yet but i'm sure my friends that are railfans will be itching to go see it, so we'll see what happens.

he follows you because he knows whats good for him. ;) ;)

Naturally! :cool: He's pretty chill though, considering. I've heard it isn't easy for anyone to have a railfanning significant other.

Honestly, I really do not want to see this film with a railfan. I know the settings are not where they are supposed to be...

I don't want, in the middle of the film, to have the person next to me yell out "OH MY GOD... THAT'S NOT A R142A, THAT'S THE R62 THEY CONVERTED!!!" I just want to enjoy the film like a regular film watcher.

Honestly, I really do not want to see this film with a railfan. I know the settings are not where they are supposed to be...

I don't want, in the middle of the film, to have the person next to me yell out "OH MY GOD... THAT'S NOT A R142A, THAT'S THE R62 THEY CONVERTED!!!" I just want to enjoy the film like a regular film watcher.

or....they may not even talking about the film....they will talking about related subway news during the movie like is the V train going to go to Canarsie...how many R-38 left in service?O boy I hate thoses 160,then some railfan call them up say there's slant on E or the F line right now and they go crazy,make and scene and they want to leave in the middle of the movie.lol

I'll yell that out... in my head. :P

In all seriousness I'm probably just going to see this with my parents, but it's several months away so who knows. I'd like to see the original first though.