Service changes 1983-1998

bigrene18

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

Um, lolz? Great song, but...

Thanks for the history Rene. Pretty interesting to see how the subway evolved into what we have today.

You're welcome.

• 2 weeks later...
The only thing worse than the elimination of the JFK Express was the creation of the V train.

(JFK) was useless, but the (V) is not. no one wanted to pay an extra fare for the same ride that the (A) train can do, but the (V) has been getting more and more used lately. in fact, the 2008 report card showed you have a better chance of getting a seat on 11 other lines than the (V).

no one wanted to pay an extra fare for the same ride that the (A) train can do

In the eighties there were plenty of Howard Beach residents who used the JFK Express as it didn't stop in Brownsville/ENY/Bed-Stuy.

In the eighties there were plenty of Howard Beach residents who used the JFK Express as it didn't stop in Brownsville/ENY/Bed-Stuy.

yeah, and it caused a lot of racial tensions between blacks and/or hispanics and whites. cannot believe some people were willing to sacrafice 85 cents to avoid certain areas.

The creation of the V line = WIN!!!

The E and F lines would have been far worse today if the V wasn't created. Besides, it provides me a one seat ride to school. While you're at it, appreciate the R32's before there gone.

Interesting list. Thanks for sharing.

Correct, look at 53rd today. If the F stops there today, I'm sure the station would be a LOT more crowded.

IMHO, every place in the city is safe and unsafe at the same time. The level of security may vary by neighbourhood, but no neighbourhood is "crime free".

Perfectly said MTR. Getting back for second to Howard Beach ts much more diverse than in the late 1980's including sadly the HB racial incident in which a Black Man was killed by mob of White teens of Itailan descent late at night. The victim's car had broken down at night and was in HB trying to get a tow truck.

Getting back to the old (JFK)JFK express it was also not fair to riders in Far Rockaway also since that line used the Fulton express tracks now used by the (A).

Perfectly said MTR. Getting back for second to Howard Beach ts much more diverse than in the late 1980's including sadly the HB racial incident in which a Black Man was killed by mob of White teens of Itailan descent late at night. The victim's car had broken down at night and was in HB trying to get a tow truck.

Getting back to the old (JFK)JFK express it was also not fair to riders in Far Rockaway also since that line used the Fulton express tracks now used by the (A).

I mean I could walk down in the dead of Bronx and feel alright about it. Yet, a few metres behind me, somebody may get shot in broad daylight.

Don't tell me that there isn't an area of NYC that you don't feel apprehensive about traveling through.

i have not been to many areas in nyc and have not gotten my ass whipped even after going there wearing pink nail polish. mtr is totally right. if someone looks at you funny, no matter where you are or who that person is, run!!!

i have not been to many areas in nyc and have not gotten my ass whipped even after going there wearing pink nail polish. mtr is totally right. if someone looks at you funny, no matter where you are or who that person is, run!!!

Running away makes you even more suspicious. My tip is to walk on the major streets in those "derelict sections" and not to walk in alleys. Put a bootleg wallet with petty cash and fake credit cards, so that you can give it to the crooks if they ask for it. Put your real wallet with heavy cash and the real stuff somewhere else.

Running away makes you even more suspicious. My tip is to walk on the major streets in those "derelict sections" and not to walk in alleys. Put a bootleg wallet with petty cash and fake credit cards, so that you can give it to the crooks if they ask for it. Put your real wallet with heavy cash and the real stuff somewhere else.

good idea

Archived