Another canceled train

metsfan

Mar 03, 2009 06:31:48 PM

North Jersey Coast Line train #3441 6:52pm from NYPS is cancelled. Passengers to train #3279 the 7:09pm from NYPS will make additional stop at Avenel and train #3281 the 7:20pm from NYPS will make additional stops at N. Elizabeth, Elizabeth, Linden and Rahway.

-----------------------------------------------------

Man (NJT) is not having fun this week so far. :)

- A

You know, it would help if like the abbreviation of the line, train number of the cancelled train, and date in the title was present....

Sorry, it happened fast and i just wanted to get it out there before i left to help my sis w/ her dog.:cool:

Nothing new hear you have days and weeks like this its all part of being on or riding the railroad.

Yea, i know, but i've been riding (NJT) every week since 2001, and this one week seemed out of the ordinary.

I went to hoboken yesterday, and all of the cars and locos were just totally plastered with snow and ice, i even got videos and photos. Not saying THAT isn't out of the ordinary, but it took me by surprise how much had actually built up on some of the equipment! :eek:

Also, service alerts will be minimized and consolidated in the future, possibly a "today's service alerts stars with this doozy" kinda thing. We all know any mode of travel can be delayed, so only if they are severe (an hour or more) or involve strange reroutes and platforming changes. ;)

Thanks for the input guys! :tup:

- A

There have been plenty like this, maybe this is one in more recent years but I could assure you that there has been weeks like this since you started riding in 01. I remember back in the winter of 03 there were similar problems.

There have been plenty like this, maybe this is one in more recent years but I could assure you that there has been weeks like this since you started riding in 01. I remember back in the winter of 03 there were similar problems.

I remember that winter. Man have things changed since then. Newly rebuilt trenton station building, PATH coming back to wtc, fares went thru the freaking roof, i miss paying 14.50 for TRE-NYP. Multilevels, comet 1 phase out, comet 5's........

- A

Archived