Weird day at 207th Yd. [MTA Conduct Related]

mark1447

I think all (MTA) and NYPD and FDNY employees should gather in an auditorium and have a conference that 'Photography' is allowed in the (MTA) pireod!

ya and then whos gonna protect the City and drive us around? We can't do that ... or can we.... mmmm ;)

@Pelham I guess you into short routes then or maybe cuz u get a weekend pff? as the (V) doesnt run on wknds. Wouldn't you want the Victor extended?

Ok I see, good they you know the rules. So if its like taking a Picture of the those read emergency exit signs on the top end of the station (such as 6th Avenue - IND) or an abanded end of a station(42nd street TSQ (S) trk 4 north end) that has to be reported?

I don't work the (F) anymore I hate that line! I really hate this subjuct because everytime I post the real policy everyone want to fight me. Yes its legal to take pictures in NYCT but if your taken pictures of certain things your suppose to be reported to the police. I personally never confronted anyone who violated the rules just got on the radio and made a report. None of it involied picture taken only reported a person with a video camra because my partner wanted to push it and the funny part is after the investigation it turned out to be Fox News.

Talking about the (F) I remember a few years ago they were treating to write up train crews if they were cought not reporting persons taken video or pictures on the platfrom or trains. It was funny and didn't last long. They changed it to use your judgement.

Now that makes sense. I remember back during Busfest '08, I went out to Coney Island and I was waiting on a R160B (N) train to depart. I was in and out of the train heading between the 1st, and 5th/6th car snapping pics. The T/O, and the station crews saw me but didn't really say much about it. However, when I went to take a pic of the cab, the T/O calmly said that I wasn't allowed to take a pic of it. He didn't report it, or make a fuss out of it.

The rules are the rules, and everyone's expected to follow them. I guess some people can just be a pain in the behind.

Now that makes sense. I remember back during Busfest '08, I went out to Coney Island and I was waiting on a R160B (N) train to depart. I was in and out of the train heading between the 1st, and 5th/6th car snapping pics. The T/O, and the station crews saw me but didn't really say much about it. However, when I went to take a pic of the cab, the T/O calmly said that I wasn't allowed to take a pic of it. He didn't report it, or make a fuss out of it.

The rules are the rules, and everyone's expected to follow them. I guess some people can just be a pain in the behind.

Acually you are allowed to take a pic of the cab. Same thing happened at Main St (7) when a worker told im not allowed to take a pic. Showed him the rules and passed him the code 1050.9 C i think and he let me~

Its werid that at Coney Island no one cares =). I guess thats a Paradise for RFers

Actually bro, the Rules are up in the stations everywhere[Not sure about the offices], its just that the (MTA) is being slick and hiding the FULL rules, with just the basics. It would be nice to offer a URL to the OFFICIAL rules, not a small basic list of rules. I would be so happy if I'd see a rule in the station allowing photography!

Does NJT have problems with rfers like MTA?

Not often, but sometimes a pax will get all "oh no a camera its evil" & report it as suspicious activity. (NJT) or state police may just ask what you're doing, or ask you to show them the photos. If you're in violation of rules they can fine you bigtime, and have the right to detain you, especially for trespassing.

- A

Archived