Most boring run in the system?

OMG.. I rode out to the Rockaways on Sunday, and WOW the Fulton St. line in Brooklyn was just so slow and boring.

Way too many stops grouped close together IMO. I imagine it would be better riding express, but there was no express svc. all weekend, so I was stuck on a super slow R40 (A). =(

I'm sure it was logistically set up that way due to the amount of people living in the area, but UGHHHH... I found it incredibly boring.

I hadn't been on that line since I was a kid.

The 42nd Street Shuttle is bout the most boring ride. It's only one stop, it very dark, and the subway cars are very ugly wrapped in so many ads. Another boring line, the Sea Beach, all the station look the same, and you stuck riding on the local tracks. Very rarely, you catch a freight train on the LIRR Bay Ridge Line but nothing else.

Yeah, I was thinking this also. The (R) never sees the light of day, right? During a regular run, it's all underground, and all local, isn't it ?

Sheesh.

Actually the (R) 4th Av Local does see some light very briefly (LIRR Bay Ridge Line) between the 59th Street station and Bay Ridge Av station.

Actually the (R) 4th Av Local does see some light very briefly (LIRR Bay Ridge Line) between the 59th Street station and Bay Ridge Av station.

It also comes "oh so close" to the light when taking the turnout on the Queens side of the 60th street tunnel to head over to Queens Blvd ;)

My pics are the (2)<5>in Brooklyn, and the whole (C)(G)(L)(R)(S) and (V) Lines.

If I had to pick the 2 Worst:

A Division: (2)

B Division: (R)

Ill have to agree with you on the (2), i love my (2) But it is a big problem during AM RH here. Its like the enitire Dyre avenue Branch and Southern White Plains rd line (Passed e180th) the workers car for the (5) then the (2).. I see more (5) express then (2) and there is a BIG wait time for the (2) geez.. At Jackson they let like two (5) trains go ahead of the (2) to enter the tube.. oh boy.

But in brooklyn the (2) is the most active, and the (4) is as well, (5) comes like after 3 (4) have passed..

I would have to say in all honesty that the (7) (local) can get on my nerves, sometimes it justt seems to take forever, and aside from a few spot it doesn't have much of a view.

However, it is still my second favorite line after the (F)! :cool::tup:

- A

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

If you ask me, I'd say the (C). The (C) has no elevated stops and is fully underground throughout, and plus serves as a complementary line to the (A).

For me, the (V) train (Queens Blvd Local/6th Avenue Local) from Continental Avenue-Forest Hills to 2nd Avenue, Manhattan, and the whole line is underground!

A Division

(1) Except at 125 St

(2) It's jush horrible in the bronx and it takes forever

(3) the entire line

B Division

(C) It's just a slow version of the (A)

(R) it gets soooo close to going outside, but makes that dreadful right turn after tth tunnel

The line I get bored the most is the (R) Line and I work it one day a week. The A Div I have to go with the GC (S).
Even after you telling me how slow and boring the (R) is, for some reason, I would still like to work on it.

Ofcause its your home line. As a C/R you love it because of the wide cabs but when or if you go to T/O you won't like it. However the (F) is longer and that the line I hate the most systerm wide since I worked every line in the systerm A/B Div just never the GC or Franklin Ave Shuttles.

Ofcause its your home line. As a C/R you love it because of the wide cabs but when or if you go to T/O you won't like it. However the (F) is longer and that the line I hate the most systerm wide since I worked every line in the systerm A/B Div just never the GC or Franklin Ave Shuttles.

I though you hated the (L) line.

I'll take a stab at this one and say the (R) 4th Av Local/Broadway Local/Queens Blvd Local. :tdown:

Really, that line is pretty boring.

The only good thing I see from that line is the crossover over the LIRR ROW. That's the ONLY piece of daylight the R gets while in revenue service.

The 42nd Street Shuttle is bout the most boring ride. It's only one stop, it very dark, and the subway cars are very ugly wrapped in so many ads. Another boring line, the Sea Beach, all the station look the same, and you stuck riding on the local tracks. Very rarely, you catch a freight train on the LIRR Bay Ridge Line but nothing else.

I Saw A freight train on Friday. This was my first time ever seeing an engine on those tracks.

Archived