Most boring run in the system?

Yeah, I was thinking this also. The (R) never sees the light of day, right? During a regular run, it's all underground, and all local, isn't it ?

Sheesh.

i agree, it is the longest local in the system and there is no elevated section. the only interesting thing is that brief glimpse of daylight you get when it passes over the LIRR Bay Ridge Valley between 59th Street and Bay Ridge Avenue. Its fleet does not help much.

Is that the same freight tracks that pass through the Sea Beach Line right b4 the (N) goes in and out of that tunnel b4/after the 8th Avenue station?

Yeah. Before 8th Avenue. Somewhere in between 8th Avenue and just before New Utrecht.

From an A Div T/O P.O.V., the (6). I can't stand the (6). I am tired of Pelham and the (6). Too many unnecessary timers. The (2) I love S/B down WPR, as you can hit some great speeds. After 180st, you have some great spots too. The (2) isn't bad until Brooklyn and making all those local stops. The (4) is great in Brooklyn when you ain't following another train. Leaving Utica N/B, if I have all green, that train will rock and do 40mph with me operating, all the way to Franklin Ave. The (7) does have too many stops, and too long of dwell times, as there are just so many customers. The <7> I can tolerate. I will always love the (1), and when given the chance, will pick over there, and stay over there. The express on the (2) and (3) are great runs, as long as there is no congestion.......

Even after you telling me how slow and boring the (R) is, for some reason, I would still like to work on it.

The lines I'd like to work if I'm a T/O:

(A) - Long but good express runs and the Rockaways would be cool to operate. Inconvenient reporting locations though.

(B) - Brighton express baby.

(J) - Very scenic run, a little bit of everything

(E) - Only evenings, late nights, or weekends though b/c QB rush hour is HELL

(N) - Not late nights though, only when it's 4th ave exp

(V) - might as well pick two from each B district, so add this as my 2nd Queens preference...short run and the train isn't as crowded as the other Queens lines

(1) - good equipment, very straightforward line, green over green the whole way (new south ferry will be in by the time I'd be working...I would imagine...right?...right? :()

(5) - very varied service with 7 terminals, it'd keep things interesting.

(4) - Yankee Stadium baby...wouldn't like working this during either rush though because of the famed ATS delays, "kiss lunch goodbye"

(7) - Several years ago i would've said the (7), but I don't think I'd like operating that line much since they slowed it down and there's always signal issues. However I'll pick two from East and West for A, and for West this definitely beats "The Beast" or working out of New Lots...

(A) - Long but good express runs and the Rockaways would be cool to operate. Inconvenient reporting locations though.

(V) - might as well pick two from each B district, so add this as my 2nd Queens preference...short run and the train isn't as crowded as the other Queens lines

(1) - good equipment, very straightforward line, green over green the whole way (new south ferry will be in by the time I'd be working...I would imagine...right?...right? :()

(4) - Yankee Stadium baby...wouldn't like working this during either rush though because of the famed ATS delays, "kiss lunch goodbye"

(7) - Several years ago i would've said the (7), but I don't think I'd like operating that line much since they slowed it down and there's always signal issues. However I'll pick two from East and West for A, and for West this definitely beats "The Beast" or working out of New Lots...

You still can work on the (E) just during mid-days b/c its not that much hell; eventhough Kew Gardens Tower think their slick by sending the (E)'s local b/w Briarwood-Van Wyck Blvd to Forest Hills 71st-Continental Avenues when there's nothing wrong with the express track Southbound!

You still can work on the (E) just during mid-days b/c its not that much hell; eventhough Kew Gardens Tower think their slick by sending the (E)'s local b/w Briarwood-Van Wyck Blvd to Forest Hills 71st-Continental Avenues when there's nothing wrong with the express track Southbound!

only problem w/that is middays either the front or back of my shift would have rush hour runs in it since the midday isn't long enough to put in a full shift.

It's only the " Beast " on the midnights nowadays and you need high seniority to work out of New Lots.

I though you hated the (L) line.

Yeah hate that line too because that line has lots of DRAMA! However I'm thinking about picking it back miss the women at Canarcie. However I am also thinking about going home next pick to the Lex Line. I'm looking at all the Jobs on Lex I figure if I go XL East AM or PM I can make some $$$

I dunno if people are noticing, but being in a Subway rather then an Elevated Structure is one of the most boring thing in the system~! In an EL(and its family the ourdoors), you get a good shot and looks of a train, because it is clear and not dark.

While underground it is so hot, you cant take pics are certain station due to lenght of station and it is a bit to dark...

EL is the best there is~!

I dunno if people are noticing, but being in a Subway rather then an Elevated Structure is one of the most boring thing in the system~! In an EL(and its family the ourdoors), you get a good shot and looks of a train, because it is clear and not dark.

While underground it is so hot, you cant take pics are certain station due to lenght of station and it is a bit to dark...

EL is the best there is~!

I had change a comment I misread. So you basically saying underground is boring?

Hmm give me the Rockaway Park (S), the (E), the (A), and the (F) anytime

Archived