Hey everyone

mike27

hey guys, i just found out about this site and i have a couple of questions - if anyone could help me with some information.

I have my CDL w/ P endorsement and no restrictions on my air brakes - I am currently working for a school bus company in Brooklyn. Late last year I submitted my application for MABSTOA bus operator #2901, receiving a list number in return (list#5254). I have plans to work for a union bus company in the next few months (I am in the first in the next group of 5 to be called) and I just wanted to see if anyone had any information on a possible time frame that I am going to have to wait to be called for the BOSS survey - because I am torn whether to just wait it out at my current company or transfer to the new one. Yes I know everyone is telling me about the freeze, but what test or number did they stop at? How do they even chose the numbers? How fast does it go when they start calling?

I have a million questions and i thought this forum would be exactly the right place to start getting some clear answers. Thank you.:tup:

hey guys, i just found out about this site and i have a couple of questions - if anyone could help me with some information.

I have my CDL w/ P endorsement and no restrictions on my air brakes - I am currently working for a school bus company in Brooklyn. Late last year I submitted my application for MABSTOA bus operator #2901, receiving a list number in return (list#5254). I have plans to work for a union bus company in the next few months (I am in the first in the next group of 5 to be called) and I just wanted to see if anyone had any information on a possible time frame that I am going to have to wait to be called for the BOSS survey - because I am torn whether to just wait it out at my current company or transfer to the new one. Yes I know everyone is telling me about the freeze, but what test or number did they stop at? How do they even chose the numbers? How fast does it go when they start calling?

I have a million questions and i thought this forum would be exactly the right place to start getting some clear answers. Thank you.:tup:

Welcome Mike! B)

FYI - Post your questions in the Transit Career Discussions forum; you'll get a much quicker response :(

Hey Mike! Welcome to the board. I hope your find satisfactory answers to your questions. I've been curious myself how Mabstoa did their lists. Good luck with whatever you decide to do :)

File for TA Train Operator, the test is filing is open now. We have many former B/O's operating subways, and although there is a big difference in how the Surface & Subways divisions are structured & operated, most wouldn't go back if given the choice. Keep that CDL tho, I know of a conductor that upon retirement from TA had a B/O job lined up down in Orlando to keep the golden years golden.. Welcome to the board.. RTTO

• 2 months later...

Archived