The M train trip

MattTrain

At the time catching the (M), it just came out of Chambers Street, bound to Metropolitan Avenue. R160A 8589 on the (M).

J2M034.jpg

J2M035.jpg

J2M036.jpg

J2M037.jpg

J2M038.jpg

J2M039.jpg

J2M040.jpg

J2M041.jpg

J2M042.jpg

J2M043.jpg

J2M044.jpg

J2M045.jpg

J2M046.jpg

J2M047.jpg

J2M048.jpg

J2M049.jpg

J2M050.jpg

R160A 8354 on (M).

J2M051.jpg

J2M052.jpg

J2M053.jpg

The (J) makes an appearance here. R160A 8329 is the lead car.

J2M054.jpg

J2M055.jpg

J2M056.jpg

J2M057.jpg

J2M058.jpg

J2M059.jpg

J2M060.jpg

J2M061.jpg

Another (M) bound for Bay Parkway, car number was 8536. The station was Lormier Street.

J2M062.jpg

J2M063.jpg

J2M064.jpg

J2M065.jpg

J2M066.jpg

This yard is empty, but buses are around the yard.

J2M067.jpg

J2M068.jpg

J2M069.jpg

J2M070.jpg

J2M071.jpg

J2M072.jpg

Excellent Pics! I like the R160As a lot, but those workers should really consider mopping those floors every night.

Mopping the floors was probably not an option considering how cold the weather was on Tuesday. Plus the cars were swept nicely, except for the lead car headed uptown. Well R160A cars are rolling the rails really nicely, thanks.

To place an ending to the (M) train, taking this R160A train to Bay Parkway, Brooklyn.

J2M107.jpg

J2M108.jpg

J2M109.jpg

Another R160A (M) 8377 back to Metropolitan Avenue, via West End.

J2M112.jpg

J2M103.jpg

J2M105.jpg

J2M106.jpg

The (M) stops here at Bay Parkway Brooklyn.

That's it for the photos.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere (maybe subchat?) that transit doesn't clean the cars in winter because of potential freezing...

The train crews can't use a mop because the liquid cleaners will freeze overnight, which is what you see here with this R160A (M) train.

Wonderful (M) shots!

Thank you, well the (M) is my favorite BMT Eastern Division line to ride in.

Boy do I miss my (M)! ;) Nice pics btw..

Thank you very much, it's all R160A cars now.

Nice pix on the (M)cDonald Line, :)!

(M)cdonalds? Oh, cool, thank you, but the (M) can't use the McDonald Avenue Line (Culver(F)).

Nice pics...

Thank you very much.

Nice pics!

Crystal clear!

Thank you, I'm glad you find them that way, the trains are easiest to photograph when they're stationary.

I know, well I also call the (M) the (M)ars line... So, I'll just say (M)ars line...

(M)(A)(R)(S)? Mars? That's a good one, thank you.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere (maybe subchat?) that transit doesn't clean the cars in winter because of potential freezing...
Well I know that (MTA) doesn't wash buses if it's below 20 degrees because of freezing, so maybe it applies to trains I am not sure.

Nice photos, I see you're taking more NTT pics..

Good stuff

Thank you.

Nice photos of the (M)

Thanks, the (M) is my favorite line during Rush Hours that is.

Nice pic collection.

Oh yeah, a cleaner at Metropolitan told me that when the temp is 32° or below they're not supposed to mop.

Thanks for the comment, well it's just common sense not to use any liquid cleaners in below freezing temperatures.

Well I know that (MTA) doesn't wash buses if it's below 20 degrees because of freezing, so maybe it applies to trains I am not sure.

Nice photos, I see you're taking more NTT pics..

The only NTT photos that I've been taking are R160A and R160B, when I have time, I'll take photos of other lines' NTT Cars, especially on the IRT.

Any public passenger entity is not going to put water on a vehicle if it's going to freeze up on it, no use in coating the vehicle in ice before you intend to use it.

- A

Good point, there.

Archived