Can Somebody help me understand this!!!!

I Run Trains

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

I thought they try to keep Routes close to the depot they run out of! So I wanna know why did The Bx32 go from KB to WF making it a Further Dead head!?

Can somebody explain that?

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

I thought they try to keep Routes close to the depot they run out of! So I wanna know why did The Bx32 go from KB to WF making it a Further Dead head!?

Can somebody explain that?

I guess because West Farms has low floors and low floors is essential for that elderly people route. I wish they took Access A Ride though. This is why West Farms got 6012-6019 (with some exceptions I believe).

It seems to be to not be an exact science in choosing a depot to run a bus out of. In Brooklyn for example, the B9 passes right by Flatbush Depot en route to its eastern terminal of Kings Plaza, and is run out of Jackie Gleason which is on the complete other side of the borough and about 25 blocks from the B9's western terminal, or the B4 and B82 which both pass very close to Ulmer Park Depot, but are run out of Jackie Gleason and East New York respectively. It could just be luck of the draw.

it will be better if Bx14 goes to west farms depot.

West farms depot have orion7.

i will like to see if orion7 run on bx14 .

and Gun Hill depot are shortage of bus

they dont have too many orion5. nor they dont

have orion7. it will be better if west farms depot control

bx14 line. i will see many orion7 run on bx14.

.................................................................................ugh!!!.................................................................................................................................................................................... that had nothing to do with what I asked! You always go off topic! Leave the Bx14 where its at. Its good at gun hill! :eek:

I don't want to call you, Chipper #2, but I will, if I have to.

Are you 678a from RD or strappies?

When West Farms opened in 2003, the Bx14 operated out of West Farms. At some point, Gun Hill got that route back. You don't remember that?

It seems to be to not be an exact science in choosing a depot to run a bus out of. In Brooklyn for example, the B9 passes right by Flatbush Depot en route to its eastern terminal of Kings Plaza, and is run out of Jackie Gleason which is on the complete other side of the borough and about 25 blocks from the B9's western terminal, or the B4 and B82 which both pass very close to Ulmer Park Depot, but are run out of Jackie Gleason and East New York respectively. It could just be luck of the draw.

On one hand, they were always talking about moving the B9 over to FLA in the '90's, but then they never did it. What I heard is that they keep it at JG because it is better for the PM layups or something like that I guess the peak direction is westbound, and it is better for them to be on that end and deadhead the distance to JG at the end of the day.

I don't want to call you, Chipper #2, but I will, if I have to.

Oh lawdy, please don't!!!!!

As to Shondrae's question, I don't know. My guess is either KB keeps running short on buses, and don't have too many to spared to have gotten that route in the 1st place, and realize it, while WF will have a surplus of buses (maybe), with those coming from JG. 2nd, maybe TA just decided to move that route ther due to low floor buses being at WF (why not send a few Hybrids to KB just for Bx32?). Deahhead ain't that long, since all WF has to do is, make left, get on Sheridan, get off at 3rd Ave bridge exit, or Hunts Point exit. Surely the way I would go, but that means the Farms need to get all their buses up to H'way speeds.......

As to Shondrae's question, I don't know. My guess is either KB keeps running short on buses, and don't have too many to spared to have gotten that route in the 1st place, and realize it, while WF will have a surplus of buses (maybe), with those coming from JG. 2nd, maybe TA just decided to move that route ther due to low floor buses being at WF (why not send a few Hybrids to KB just for Bx32?). Deahhead ain't that long, since all WF has to do is, make left, get on Sheridan, get off at 3rd Ave bridge exit, or Hunts Point exit. Surely the way I would go, but that means the Farms need to get all their buses up to H'way speeds.......

Don't worry, I won't!................................YET! :)

Kool. That makes sense to me right there!

And yes WF buses are slow!

I D K about all that, I can name quite a few WF Buses that will do 55 and even some that will hit 65. You just haven't had the right operator to give you what is needed.

I D K about all that, I can name quite a few WF Buses that will do 55 and even some that will hit 65. You just haven't had the right operator to give you what is needed.

Call em out!

Dang why all of a sudden you hate on WF? :) They have some buses governed, but I rode many 2004 Orion VII CNGs that aren't governed, been on 7808 doing over 50 on the Bx8 easily, did it 4 times atleast on one trip. Mind you, this is during AM Rush Hours. And none of the Vs are governed either. I know so many buses on WF that can haul mad ass, I rode every single one atleast 4 times (except the Artics and V CNGs they now have, and Novas)

Dang why all of a sudden you hate on WF? :) They have some buses governed, but I rode many 2004 Orion VII CNGs that aren't governed, been on 7808 doing over 50 on the Bx8 easily, did it 4 times atleast on one trip. Mind you, this is during AM Rush Hours. And none of the Vs are governed either. I know so many buses on WF that can haul mad ass, I rode every single one atleast 4 times (except the Artics and V CNGs they now have, and Novas)

I don't hate WF at all. That's the best Depot in the Bx IMO!

On one hand, they were always talking about moving the B9 over to FLA in the '90's, but then they never did it. What I heard is that they keep it at JG because it is better for the PM layups or something like that I guess the peak direction is westbound, and it is better for them to be on that end and deadhead the distance to JG at the end of the day.

this is pretty much right on the money. routes are usually placed in certain depots for logistic reasons, even if that don't seem to make sense.

The list:

312, 315, 428, -9173-9174, 6065, 9831, 9845, 9848, 9863, 7671, 7682, 7684, 7734, 7788, 7802, 7819

Is that the ungoverned list? If so then 7750 and 7808 should be there too, 7707 used to be ungoverned too. 416 was last time I rode it as well, and 444 (which of course is in KB now) :). But I know 236 is governed at a strict 40, that bus has closer gear ratios than any other Orion V in the (MTA), I got video evidence.

Archived