Is the B103 running coach buses? Can anyone confirm/deny this

jacsnyy

I was at Atlantic Center and I saw a Spring Creek Coach Bus going South on Flatbush Avenue. I thought nothing of it, caused he seemed to be out of service, and then I was walking down Union Street towards 5th Avenue, and I saw a coach bus pass on 4th Avenue, going Southbound. Could the B103 be running them, for some reason?

I was at Atlantic Center and I saw a Spring Creek Coach Bus going South on Flatbush Avenue. I thought nothing of it, caused he seemed to be out of service, and then I was walking down Union Street towards 5th Avenue, and I saw a coach bus pass on 4th Avenue, going Southbound. Could the B103 be running them, for some reason?

I don't know deadheading routes for SC buses, but it's highly unlikely that an MCI would be on the B103. It is possible that the bus you saw could have been a downtown-only BM bus that was deadheading using the Manny B to 4th Av to the Prospect Expwy. But because SC has converted at least 4 more O5 CNGs to local service, and taken 4 MCIs in to replace them, I doubt that MCIs would be needed on the B103.

Well, what made me think it was a B103 was that it uses 4th Avenue most of the time going Southbound, and the bus I saw on Flatbush Avenue at about 8:30 in the morning, was where alot of out of service Spring Creek Buses go for some reason, but this was the only time I saw a coach bus, usually they are the Hybrid Electric SC buses. As for the bus on 4th Avenue, I just caught a glimpse of it from a long block away, but it was a coach bus going Southbound on 4th Avenue. The time was about 11:00, or a bit before.

If command bus was still running the B103 they probaly would run MCI's on the 103 LOL. They ran MCI classics on the B103 when they had that route, those buses have the same intoriors as the D4500 with the forward facing seats and reading lights etc. Its possble but i'd say it was an deadhead from the city.

@R62A 1991 seems like most of the SC express buses use the BM5 route to deadhead to midtown. As for downtown mantthan and the downtown BK B103 they use all kinds of routings like clarendon RD and Beverly RD. Just today I saw an B103 deadhead on Beverly RD.

Archived