• (4) - Lexington Avenue Express
    • (5) - Lexington Avenue Express
    • (6) - Lexington Avenue Local
    • (7)<7> - Flushing Local/Express

• 2 months later...

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i would have to go with the 7 line,literary because i grow up seeing that train.

i really cant wait to see when the new 7 trains come out. does anybody know when they are coming out?

(7)

The R142As might come from the (6) to the (7) line by the end of this year. Or when the R62As get retired in 2022....

How so?

At times square you have to wait like 8 minutes between trains, i mean you can see the last train at 8th ave down the track through the tunnel, but does it have it wait there so long? I don't get it. I am usually taking the LIRR out and back because the (7)(7x) takes so long to take out, and after a night game its easier to just shoot back to nyp to get the train home. If there was more service i'd use it every time.

- Andy

After night and weekend Met games, they added 7 "Super Express" service which only stops at 61 Street, Queensboro Plaza, Grand Central, 5 Avenue and Times Square. I rode that train last week after a Mets game because I wanted to get home ASAP (that was the game that went into extras). You should try it (unless you are tight on time due to your connecting NJT train.)

• 1 month later...

I've lived and worked in NYC for over 50 years. I've worked for NYCTA for more than 25 of those years and for a Brooklynite the (5) has always been my favorite because through the years that line has had more north and south terminals in so many diverse neighborhoods than any IRT line. This is really the all-american line ,even including the (7).

• 3 weeks later...
Um, the (7)'s the International Line, don't know what you're getting at.

The (7) is the international line but from my experiences on the (5) I've encountered so many people from so many N. and S. American countries and just about every island in the western hemisphere. That's what I meant by All-American.

• 1 month later...

Archived