• (3) - Seventh Avenue Express
    • (4) - Lexington Avenue Express
    • (5) - Lexington Avenue Express
    • (6) - Lexington Avenue Local
    • (7)<7> - Flushing Local/Express

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

these days any line that still uses R62a's is a favorite of mine but actually i have two favorite lines definitely the (2)&(5) or better yet <5> the BKLYN version...these were my two favorite IRT lines to ride not to mention the favorite lines for graffiti writers from the Bronx to bomb. Now i happen to be a die hard Mets fan so im gonna send a madd big up to the (7)<7> line

• 3 weeks later...

I would have went with the (4), but the line is filled with problems, especially on the weekends. I happened to me many times. The trains are so crowded that its hard for me to get a seat. It gets crouded on the (6) too, but at least i can get a seat. But i ride it, so i can say its my 3rd favorite line.

R142 Bombs Are Better Although the loud hvac..With smoother Ride And Hardly no squeaky brakes ..

..then the R142A With hard buckling And squeaky brakes.. And Kinda rough.

(Other Post)

So ill say The (4)

ya i bet u choose the (4) cuz its a Yankee train heh B)

Well for me (2)(5)<5> ALL the way =]

and the (7)<7> for my Mets

Well, do I really need to answer this?

Ha. Joking.

Aside from its efficient service and pleasant aesthetic, the (6)<6> has been an important factor in my entire life, and even more so in the past two years. Most of my positive memories are somehow connected to that train. Most of the people I care about are somewhere down that track.

• 4 weeks later...

I voted (4) for it's consistency in service frequency at all times of the day, from my experience. My second fav is the <5> for it's fast express service in the Bronx.

The (2) is alright during the week until late night service starts(I live off of White Plains Rd.). Whenever I'm downtown on the late night, I'll be waiting for over 30 minutes as I see 3 (1) trains go by at 7-8 minute intervals. If I'm at Times Square, I'll take the (3) to 135th and still wait another 10 minutes for a (2). I'm also not a fan of the weekend service interruptions as of late. (Shuttle buses between 96th & 149th-Grand Concourse or shuttle buses btwn E180th & Wakefield)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
obviously, my favorite is the 7. last line to use the Redbirds, fast express service, can watch the demolition of the useless shea stadium, great views on the elevated tracks and after 2009, it will be the only line where you can get a railfan window.

For some R62/R62A only.

• 2 weeks later...

I say the (4) is the best IRT line. It has a cool express section from 125 Street Manhattan, via Lexington Avenue, to Eastern Parkway Brooklyn, via Express to Crown Heights Brooklyn. Late Nights to New Lots Avenue. The R62, R142, and R142A/S cars make the (4) the line with the most variety of cars on a IRT line. B)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived