• (5) - Lexington Avenue Express
    • (6) - Lexington Avenue Local
    • (7)<7> - Flushing Local/Express

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's a very close toss up btw the (2) and the (7). Honestly I could go either way. Both have elevated and subway lines. The (7) packs a lot of diversity into a relatively short line but the fact that it has no Brooklyn leg prevents it from being a clear winner.

• 1 month later...
The (7)/<7>. There is a lot of variety into the route and it completely resembles Queens. It's also a VERY interesting ride with the views from the elevated and the performance is very good!

It's the line that really shows how New York is a melting pot. You have a motley of races in a single car. Hence the term, International Express.

• 1 month later...

Hence my name, I'll have to give it to the (2) Its reliable - A one-seat ride from where I live in the North Bronx to Times Square (also good for pplz in Mount Vernon) and its where i've exprienced my first train ride on the Redbirds.

I'll have to go with the (4) seeing as I spent most of my life along the (4)...I'm also gonna start work on it for BVE for the second time also soon(first version got destroyed) but w/e...also for the 4 the headways are great and it's a quick ride from Woodlawn to Midtown/Lower Manhattan/Brooklyn. Also IMO one of the fastest or possibly the fastest express ride I've experienced when theres no construction and there are alot of green signals ahead.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I used to use the (1) line for many years. I used the uptown portion alot.

Same here, to/from 157th Street, the (1) is my favorite line, I have a cousing who lives in the 157-58th Street neighborhood around Broadway. A second favorite would have to be the (2), and even the (4) and (6) lines, especially with their R142A fleet, so I have a ton of favorite IRT routes behind the (1)

Archived