• (4) - Lexington Avenue Express
    • (5) - Lexington Avenue Express
    • (6) - Lexington Avenue Local
    • (7)<7> - Flushing Local/Express

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
Nobody for the 5 that must be an odd line.

I don't think so. The (5) serves both Dyre Avenue and Nereid Avenue-East 238th Street in The Bronx and is The Bronx Thru Express. It runs middays to Brooklyn again.

Possibly, the (5) has the longest I.R.T. express run. Weekdays rush hours peak direction Bronx Thru Express and weekdays express between 125th Street and Franklin Avenue.

The (5) Train Timetable shows the first Sunday (5) to Bowling Green at 7:42am and the last Sunday (5) at 9:21pm; from Bowling Green at 8:48am and 10:29pm.

Possibly, the (5) has the longest I.R.T. express run. Weekdays rush hours peak direction Bronx Thru Express and weekdays express between 125th Street and Franklin Avenue.

I agree, the (5) operates express in the boroughs during peak hours. Do you think that it may also be the longest IRT route?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I Love the WPR <5>, you get down to 3 AV quick and then Express in Manhattan down to Grand Central. When going down the Express track we pass atleast 6 (2)'s on the local track between Nereid and 3 Av....LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT.

I made the mistake last week of missing the last <5> out of Nereid in the AM Rush and had to take the (2) all the way down to TSQ.

TALK ABOUT A HURT PIECE JEEZ...

I will never miss that last <5> @ 8:15am EVER AGAIN, if I do I rather take the BXM11 into the city.

The <5> is the closest thing to a Super Express you'll get in the BX

I love all the IRT lines but the (4) and (7) are my favorite

the (4) IMHO is the real definition of Rapid Transit. Fordham Road to Midtown in about 30 minutes on a good day...the worst about an hour which isnt all that bad

the (7) rocks, Frequent service even in the off peak, peak express service that is top notch, every stop is a epic railfanning spot, you can ride the whole line and not get bored, about a 40 minute ride, etc

The other lines have their moments too but these 2 shine in my book

• 2 weeks later...

I like the (2) and (5) lines because they passed through my neighborhood between Freeman and Simpson, and of course, I used to ride the Redbirds to Manhattan with my family. Also, I like the (6) because it brings back wonderful memories going to Chinatown, Bleecker (before transferring to the Coney Island-bound (F)), and Parkchester. Also, when I started attending elementary in the late 80s, my school's second floor windows had an excellent view of the curve past Whitlock.

So the (2), (5), and (6) will always hold a place in my heart! :cool:

I like the (2) and (5) lines because they passed through my neighborhood between Freeman and Simpson, and of course, I used to ride the Redbirds to Manhattan with my family. Also, I like the (6) because it brings back wonderful memories going to Chinatown, Bleecker (before transferring to the Coney Island-bound (F)), and Parkchester. Also, when I started attending elementary in the late 80s, my school's second floor windows had an excellent view of the curve past Whitlock.

So the (2), (5), and (6) will always hold a place in my heart! :cool:

+1 for the White Plains Road Line! And I love the Redbirds too! You live near my West Farms area.

(6) Pelham another great Line with its Diamond Express <6>!:tup:

No one beats the (4) with it's diverse fleet of R142 and R142A cars. I don't think (I could be wrong) any other line is using more than one specific model subway car.

Diverse? They look the same to me :confused:

But Jessica rocks the announcements so I'm gonna say the (6) with the (1) as a close second.

• 1 month later...

Archived