1. 1. Which is your favorite IRT line?

• (1) - Broadway–Seventh Avenue Local
    • (2) - Seventh Avenue Express
    • (3) - Seventh Avenue Express
    • (4) - Lexington Avenue Express
    • (5) - Lexington Avenue Express
    • (6) - Lexington Avenue Local
    • (7)<7> - Flushing Local/Express

I love the(7)<7> because the views of all the rooftops and the street art that covers them gives it a really urban feel. The El structure itself also adds an old school feel to the ride because you know it was built over 60 years ago. Lots of great places to eat along this line to!:)

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(7)<7> for sure out of all the IRT lines. It's mostly elevated with great views of the Midtown skyline and a fast express run through Queens, even with multiple curves. Can't forget it stops by the Mets' ballpark. The only disadvantage is that the (7) doesn't go deep enough into northern Queens. I think an extension to Roosevelt Avenue and Northern Boulevard should be built along with a branch to College Point.

But I'm definitely more of a BMT/IND guy. I don't like the smaller IRT lines. I prefer the larger, wider B-division subway cars with their rounded sides. The IRT lines tend to be more crowded during rush and non-rush hours.

I can't believe the (7) is at the tops of people lists....I find it to be the most unreliable of the IRT...the (2)/(5) close 2nd...Somethings always wrong with (7) at rushhour it can be an absolute mess.

I ride the (2) and/or (5) every day. They are definitely less reliable than the (7). The (7) runs a lot more frequently than either the (2) or (5), especially during the weekends.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My favorite line is the (5), hands-down. {However, If the <5> still offically existed it would be my favorite line} Hmm.... first off it's my home line [Weekdays only :cry:]. It forms a nice alternative to the (2) [often crowded during the week, sometimes infrequent, moderately slow] and the (4) [crowded to the 3rd power.] I like it's announcements by Jessica Ettinger and it takes me all to the East Side of Manhattan. [if I had to choose, I'd rather have one-seat service to the East Side than the West Side.] Heck, one of my favorite GOs is when the (5) replaces the (2) in Brooklyn. The fact that the (5) has a nice, long express run (Compared to the (2) at least) doesn't hurt, either. Nor does Midday service to Brooklyn. Perhaps the fact the (5) is pretty much useless to me on the weekend helps me appreciate it more on the weekdays.

P.S. Irrelevant but, the (5)is really needed and useful, for anyone who thinks it is not needed weekdays on Nostrand Av. Hopefully us here at NYCTF are above such ignorance. :P

P.S.S. - The <6> and <7> are my second-favorite lines.

My favorite line is the (5), hands-down. {However, If the <5> still offically existed it would be my favorite line} Hmm.... first off it's my home line [Weekdays only :cry:]. It forms a nice alternative to the (2) [often crowded during the week, sometimes infrequent, moderately slow] and the (4) [crowded to the 3rd power.] I like it's announcements by Jessica Ettinger and it takes me all to the East Side of Manhattan. [if I had to choose, I'd rather have one-seat service to the East Side than the West Side.] Heck, one of my favorite GOs is when the (5) replaces the (2) in Brooklyn. The fact that the (5) has a nice, long express run (Compared to the (2) at least) doesn't hurt, either. Nor does Midday service to Brooklyn. Perhaps the fact the (5) is pretty much useless to me on the weekend helps me appreciate it more on the weekdays.

P.S. Irrelevant but, the (5) is really needed and useful, for anyone who thinks it is not needed weekdays on Nostrand Av. Hopefully us here at NYCTF are above such ignorance. :P

P.S.S. - The <6> and <7> are my second-favorite lines.

I agree, bringing the (5) to Brooklyn on weekdays was the best thing the MTA could have ever done.

• 1 month later...

Mines are the because:

(1)- well I don't like this one, my MOM is love with this line

(2)- the R142's of course, especially when they terminate at 149 street, when they get to 96 street, every car has alot of space.

(3)- the R62's of course

(4)- the R142A's, also the route in Brooklyn

(5)- the R142's & the rush hour route (Never rode)

(6)- the local/express service in the Bronx, but the <6> running local in Manhattan makes sense. (Never rode)

(7)- the line duh!! Lol well it's quick access from midtown to long island city all the way to flushing.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived